Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2018, 07:07 AM

22,843 posts, read 28,084,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
If I've learned anything at all from watching all the crime and legal dramas over the yrs... I don't care if I have proof positive that I was thousands of miles away and absolutely did not do anything they think I might have...... shut your mouth and lawyer up.
Yup. If you're ever arrested, the only word you say, "Lawyer."

Police: "Lawyer? Be we're just talking here."

You: "Lawyer."

Police: "Come on. Why make this official? Just help us get this over with."

Police: "Only guilty people want lawyers, you know?"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 07:59 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,574,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

I had a dream once where I was involuntarily admitted to a psychiatric hospital and when they tried to talk to me the only thing I would say was "lawyer".

Of course, the fact that I represent people in commitment cases could have contributed to that outlook.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:34 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,086,875 times
Yep... Lawyer. (can't rep ya again)

Quote:

Old 08-10-2018, 09:18 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,069,618 times
Quote:

Yep. It's the first offenders that are naive about how the system works - think that "cooperating" (without something in return) is best and that truth always prevails - that get hit the hardest.

Who cares what police think? Or even the public if it's that kind of case. (I can't believe the pig farmer in the Mollie case hasn't lawyered up.) Police don't make the final call whether to prosecute. The prosecutor does, and while police charges carry a lot of weight, they must be backed by evidence not "we think".

Old 08-10-2018, 10:10 AM

22,843 posts, read 28,084,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The prosecutor does, and while police charges carry a lot of weight, they must be backed by evidence not "we think".
Yup. And since many of these are elected officials, they like to keep their job by getting convictions. Whether or not the conviction if of the right person doesn't always matter.

"But innocent people don't confess!"

Yeah, they do. And for reasons inherent to our "justice" system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET_b78GSBUs

Old 08-10-2018, 03:34 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,458,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Yep. It's the first offenders that are naive about how the system works - think that "cooperating" (without something in return) is best and that truth always prevails - that get hit the hardest.
So that means that all of you who are supporting the "lawyer up" point of view have all had run-ins with the police?

I try to keep my contact with policemen limited to speeding tickets and minor traffic violations. Nothing I would need to contact a lawyer about.

Old 08-10-2018, 03:44 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,458,068 times
Default Mall scene at beginning of Season 3

OK, I rewatched this episode last night and here is my take on what happened:

In his persona as Gene the manager at Cinnabon, Jimmy/Saul tries to keep a very low profile and play by the rules. He doesn't want to do anything to call attention to himself. So when the kid who had shoplifted hid in the photo booth to evade the police, Gene didn't want any conflict with the cops and just pointed out where the kid was hiding in order to get them all out of the area and end his contact with them. He was cooperative because as law abiding Gene, that was normal for him.

But, I do think that suppressing who he really is takes a toll on Gene. It's not easy for him to live this quiet, ordinary life after his years as Saul Goodman, flamboyant and outspoken criminal defense attorney. So for a brief moment, when the cops were leading the kid away, Saul Goodman rose to the surface, and he yelled out "Say nothing, get a lawyer".

I don't think this was about Gene becoming a "good guy", but rather him reverting to Saul, thumbing his nose at authority.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:54 PM

24,278 posts, read 9,163,981 times
Good episode to start off the season, just saw it off my TiV. Not sure I feel just yet. I need some time to digest it

Old 08-10-2018, 06:59 PM

1,082 posts, read 826,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Good episode to start off the season, just saw it off my TiV. Not sure I feel just yet. I need some time to digest it
It was an odd opening 4th season episode. When it ended, i was like "what just happened?"...it didn't totally make sense to me. I guess it just felt anti-climactic?

Old 08-10-2018, 07:46 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,736,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
It was an odd opening 4th season episode. When it ended, i was like "what just happened?"...it didn't totally make sense to me. I guess it just felt anti-climactic?
I got the feeling he wants to sue the Hamlin guy for disability discrimination after learning of the insurance thing. His mood got awfully chipper after Hamlin poured his diabolical guts out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV