Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 10:01 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,937,341 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuKOIHqPuWM

WHY?

Prepare for rant....

Yes, I am a lover of the original movie starring Bette Midler and Barbara Hershey. I loved that movie so much. My friend and I would watch it over and over and say the lines and sing the songs along with the actors. I am fed up with remakes. I really am. I am over the lack of originality and creativity that is going on in Hollywood. I don't care that this generation hasn't watched the original and this is a modern retelling of it for them. Please Hollywood! I beg of you! Stop remaking movies.

end rant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 10:06 AM

9,150 posts, read 10,837,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post

WHY?

Prepare for rant....

Yes, I am a lover of the original movie starring Bette Midler and Barbara Hershey. I loved that movie so much. My friend and I would watch it over and over and say the lines and sing the songs along with the actors. I am fed up with remakes. I really am. I am over the lack of originality and creativity that is going on in Hollywood. I don't care that this generation hasn't watched the original and this is a modern retelling of it for them. Please Hollywood! I beg of you! Stop remaking movies.

end rant.
And this version of the song will be no one's hero.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:50 PM

2,137 posts, read 2,277,960 times
I rolled my eyes when I heard about the remake. Give me a break. It may be good for a laugh or two.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:03 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,182,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post

WHY?

Prepare for rant....

end rant.

I'm glad it's not just me! The Rocky Horror Picture Show was an absolute horror (no pun intended or maybe lol) and Hairspray is NOT looking promising either. Why can't they just leave a good thing alone? It's like there's no creativity anymore in Hollywood that there's all these remakes/reboots.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:25 PM

16,351 posts, read 12,332,561 times
Remakes aren't going anywhere. They've been around forever. Many "classics" are remakes, including "The Wizard of Oz" and "The Maltese Falcon". Just because something is a remake doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:11 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,109,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Remakes aren't going anywhere. They've been around forever. Many "classics" are remakes, including "The Wizard of Oz" and "The Maltese Falcon". Just because something is a remake doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.
Having an occasional remake or update of something has always happened and yadda yadda. Occasionally some have been better. Other times nothing has been added.

But you can't seriously tell us you haven't noticed that it's practically all they're doing now.
Riding the coattails of all these previous successes (movies, comics, books, etc). Remakes, reboots, endless sequels.

Oh, dude, did anyone see the reboot of Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?
Hilarious.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:45 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,179,124 times
I was going to start this same thread LOL!

I adore the first one. I also don't find it dated at all.

I still cry every time no matter what...boohoo...

I doubt I can handle a remake. So far, it looks too close to the original, no originality/creativity at all. What's the point? Copying something and doing it in an inferior way, clueless what the point is to that.

I think the remake will ruin it for me an I've loved Beaches for like 30 years.

Sidenote: Beaches is better than the book it is based on and the sequel, oy vay... but I wouldn't mind seeing that made into a *good* film.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:35 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,937,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post

Sidenote: Beaches is better than the book it is based on and the sequel, oy vay... but I wouldn't mind seeing that made into a *good* film.
I had no idea Beaches was based on a book or that it had a sequel.

Old 12-20-2016, 11:45 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,179,124 times
I found out by accident while browsing a bookstore years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV