Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 06:29 PM

2 posts, read 5,484 times

Advertisements

not perfect at all...still got 10 pounds to go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 08:02 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
The only thing "new" about this - is that the entire program costs only what you pay for cable because it's broadcasted through the television.

It caught my eye because many studies show that TV is the reason we're all overweight.

And for me, I'm actually at my perfect weight - so losing weight is honestly not on my agenda. If I lose more and become more toned, I'll be happy though.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:37 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
I really was impressed with the first show last sunday. Can't wait for tomorrow nights.
On Paul McKenna's site, mckenna.com, in the forum, everyone is talking about how much this system works, etc. They don't feel hungry now, or they can't eat like before. They are amazed at how little food they are eating, versus before watching the show. And all those leftovers! lol

For those who think everyone should just have common sense and just know how to eat, put the utensils down, etc, not everyone knows this or were taught how to eat properly.
And if you haven't noticed, if you watch other's eating in a restaurant, most are constantly holding onto the fork or spoon, and just shoveling the food in, quite fast. Chew really fast a few times, swallow and continue on until their button pops off their pants! They think by stuffing themselves, that that's what they mean by full. Fullness is a subtle feeling that many were not taught to recognize, and they have to learn it by tuning into their bodies.

There are so many big people out there that will really benefit from this way of eating. It isn't a diet, and should not be thought of as a diet. It needs to be thought of as a lifestyle, something you don't go off of and gain everything back like diets make you do.
Some people lost 100 lbs, more than 100 lbs.. One woman lost 160 lbs, another 280!! That's amazing. All without invasive gastric bypass surgery. Some people say it's like having the surgery without the cutting or the pain or the nasty side effects.
And one more thing..Paul McKenna teaches you ways to cope with emotional eating, cravings, how to love exercise, etc. I recommend taping each show and keeping them on hand to refer back to.
Especially those with a lot of weight to lose. There is a really good support forum at his site, it's free for now, don't know what they are going to do later after the 5 weeks are up. But it's free, so go in and sign up and learn some new techniques.

And last but not least, just by following his 4 golden rules, I lost 4 lbs the last 6 days without any effort. Food is the last thing on my mind now.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:51 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,138 times
Damn it.. I missed the show again!! I am going to have to search for it and set it to record

Old 03-23-2008, 02:57 PM

If you go to McKenna's site or tlc.com/thin, it has all the showtimes. If you miss it tonight, sunday, it will repeat at 12midnight. And it's also on Tuesday i think, plus friday.
I just wish i would have recorded the first show to keep. Darn it. The best so far imo.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:11 PM

I decided that I'm going to set all of the episodes to record and keep when they do the entire series on April 13. Never hurts to keep a backup for reference and reassurance. I'm glad I'm not the only one who truly enjoyed this type of "entertainment".

And for the record, I was raised by two military parents who were used to the Navy life of "eat-as-fast-as-you-can-because-you-only-have-20-minutes" - so I eat extremely quickly. Not to mention, I was part of the "eat everything on your plate" club (and a card-carrying member, most likely) as a result as well.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:21 AM

578 posts, read 2,529,065 times
Cool Another Diet Guru?

The best & most logical thing I've heard recently (philosophically) speaking:

IF DIETS WORKED, WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OUT THERE SELLING BY THE MILLIONS??? end of story, period.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
I decided that I'm going to set all of the episodes to record and keep when they do the entire series on April 13. Never hurts to keep a backup for reference and reassurance. I'm glad I'm not the only one who truly enjoyed this type of "entertainment".

And for the record, I was raised by two military parents who were used to the Navy life of "eat-as-fast-as-you-can-because-you-only-have-20-minutes" - so I eat extremely quickly. Not to mention, I was part of the "eat everything on your plate" club (and a card-carrying member, most likely) as a result as well.
Oh good, then i can grab the first episode again, which was the best so far. I had it taped, but someone else taped over it so now i have to get it again.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:31 AM

I finally had a chance to watch the second episode: Stop Emotional Eating

Paul McKenna started the episode by asking the audience how they felt about the "golden rules" and if things have changed. All around the board, people are eating less and feeling great. Quite inspiring.

Then he brought out a guest who lost 185lbs in one year from this program. This caused a very emotional breakdown for a gentleman in the audience who saw himself in those pictures and the story. Smiling, but not happy - feeling worthless. Life not worth living. The guest reassured the gentleman that there is light at the end of the tunnel - that this is worth it and things will get better.

We get to see a woman - a single mother who went through a divorce quite some time ago. She has emotional problems dealing with her ex-husband. Emotion to food. The pictures of her before the emotional struggle put her at 140lbs or so. She now weighs over 200. Paul McKenna showed her an acupuncture tapping technique to settle the emotions so that she would not eat. It worked. After five weeks, you could see the difference in her face and body. She was truly a happy woman.

Then, onto the couple that the show will be following for the entire program. An extremely obese (and unhealthy man) and an obese (overweight, now?) woman who are getting married. Stress is taking them by storm as plans aren't going well. He shows them the technique....

Now to the audience: He instructs the audience how to do the acupuncture tapping technique to calm the emotions. "It's not a distraction technique" he claims - it's like re-wiring the brains to settle the overwhelming emotions.

Think about something you really crave - or something that causes an overwhelming amount of emotion:

Tap about 15 times underneath one eye (doesn't matter which)
Tap about 15 times on the collar bone (also doesn't matter)
Tap under the eye again (same amount of repetitions, same eye?)
Tap the side under your hand (halfway between pinky and wrist)
Tap the back of your hand (and continue till the end of the technique)
Close your eyes for a few seconds
Look down and to the right
Look down and to the left
Look around in a full 360
Look around in a full 360 going the opposite way as before
Hum a little note or two (something that sounds nice to you)
Count to 5
Hum a little note or two (again)
and stop tapping.

Voila. Your craving should have gone down and/or the emotion you were experiencing should go down. I tried it. It looks silly.... I don't how - I didn't go for that Ice Cream I really wanted a few moments ago.

Next episode is about linking a negative connotation to junk foods. Apparently, with this technique, he has gotten a choco-holic to not even want a bite.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:20 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,643,687 times
thanks for the info. i missed the first episode and i have recorded the emotional eating one, but have not made it through yet. just to history of the guy losing 185 lbs. I would like to think that i am an intelligent adult and know how to eat, but apparently, at 50 years old, i still have a lot to learn!(and weight to lose)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV