Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2017, 09:48 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I think it was well played because it worked the way she wanted it to if that indeed was her intention. I didn't say it was the smart thing for her to do.

It's really difficult to determine just who was thinking what and how. All we can do is speculate. I hope they will explain their strategies at the end so will be able to understand all of it. Until then, all we can do is make guesses based on the snippets of the conversations we are shown.
I'm totally confused about the motivation for both votes - Andrea and then Mikalea. It's like someone wanted to make a big move just for the purpose of making a big move, regardless of the results.
Yeah I hope we find the reason. The interview with Andrea and Mikalea that was posted was not that enlightening at all.

Poor Aubry - she just has been on the outside vote for just about everything. Nothing is working for her. Yet she's still there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 10:31 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,450 times
Quote:
I think it was well played because it worked the way she wanted it to if that indeed was her intention. I didn't say it was the smart thing for her to do.

It's really difficult to determine just who was thinking what and how. All we can do is speculate. I hope they will explain their strategies at the end so will be able to understand all of it. Until then, all we can do is make guesses based on the snippets of the conversations we are shown.
But I think she would have said that was one of her strategies in one of her private videos? That's exactly what she did with the Sierra play she mentioned it several times in her private conffesion videos. Because she did not say anything ( and I have to believe the producers would have aired it if she did) I don't think she was planning on setting Cirie up.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:36 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
Quote:
Tai seems to have major regret for something just about every week.

The preview probably shows his emotional let-down after he turns on Aubrey. My guess.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:08 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
Another interpretation:

'Survivor': Michaela says Jeff Probst almost let Cirie play vote steal

Cirie actually was trying to protect Sara by stealing her vote
Troyzan claimed he was the one who insisted the award was non-transferable (edited out).
Michaela says Probst was just about to let Cirie steal her vote until called out by the players (edited out).

I don't know what to believe however...very confusing.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:30 PM

5,515 posts, read 7,106,662 times
Well we know Cerie and Aubrey will be going home next as they don't have idols and it appears that Tai is giving Culpepper one. So it will be down to those four who win this...

Old 05-19-2017, 02:07 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
My brain hurts I'm so confused. I don't know who to believe or what strategy is which.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:27 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,401,994 times
I was glad to see Michaela's Ponderosa video and her exit comments. She was a happy young person. Just happy for the experience. The image that we saw during the show was very different. I thought she was going to be bitter, but she had a great attitude.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:06 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Another interpretation:

'Survivor': Michaela says Jeff Probst almost let Cirie play vote steal

Cirie actually was trying to protect Sara by stealing her vote
Troyzan claimed he was the one who insisted the award was non-transferable (edited out).
Michaela says Probst was just about to let Cirie steal her vote until called out by the players (edited out).

I don't know what to believe however...very confusing.
Reality TV is never truly reality. While I don't think they do anything that might change the overall outcome and end result, I wholeheartedly believe they shoot and re-shoot scenes to give it the look they want it to have.

Example: maybe Jeff was going to let Cirie play the advantage, Troyzan and Sarah object, there's a big discussion as to whether or not she can actually use the advantage, etc. Once they establish that she cannot, they re-shoot the scene while telling everyone what to say and when to say it so that it all comes out as a clean and neat scene. They'd almost have to do it that way given that many players have confirmed that the average tribal lasts anywhere from 2-4 hours and we only get to see about 12 minutes of that.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:13 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Poor Aubry - she just has been on the outside vote for just about everything. Nothing is working for her. Yet she's still there.
That is the story of Aubry's "Survivor" life. Same thing happened to her in her first season. She just couldn't catch a break.

Remember her biggest ally in the game ( Ken the ice cream man ) was sent home because of that nasty thing on his knee? And then her next biggest and probably only ally left was sent home, {Joe the old man) because he got sick after gorging himself on a reward challenge.

The girl is nothing but bad luck, but somehow she perserveres. Wouldn't surprise me if she makes it to F3, but unlike in her first season, I don't think she actually deserves to win, especially if Sarah is sitting next to her.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:23 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Reality TV is never truly reality. While I don't think they do anything that might change the overall outcome and end result, I wholeheartedly believe they shoot and re-shoot scenes to give it the look they want it to have.

Example: maybe Jeff was going to let Cirie play the advantage, Troyzan and Sarah object, there's a big discussion as to whether or not she can actually use the advantage, etc. Once they establish that she cannot, they re-shoot the scene while telling everyone what to say and when to say it so that it all comes out as a clean and neat scene. They'd almost have to do it that way given that many players have confirmed that the average tribal lasts anywhere from 2-4 hours and we only get to see about 12 minutes of that.
many times former participants have said during challenges that scenes are shot and reshot over and again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV