Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2017, 12:34 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times

Advertisements

I can't imagine what made him think that was a good move,
but he instantly became the most hated Survivor evah!

Tribe shouldda tossed him in the fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 01:14 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I can't imagine what made him think that was a good move,
but he instantly became the most hated Survivor evah!

Tribe shouldda tossed him in the fire.
Somewhere, Johnny Fairplay is smiling. He's no longer the most hated Survivor player.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:40 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yeah I thought that too, and I don't quite think that was right. He was all like "well, we know who's going home, right?", and who's going to say "no" after that?

Think what you want about what Varner did, he was still a player in the game and they should have had an official vote.
Completely agree. Probst was pissed and didn't leave it to the players. As hated as Varner is, to keep him would have been strategic, no one is giving that guy the million.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:48 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Completely agree. Probst was pissed and didn't leave it to the players. As hated as Varner is, to keep him would have been strategic, no one is giving that guy the million.
For what it's worth, I think Varner would have went home anyway.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:38 AM

78 posts, read 85,865 times
Does that mean he's a woman turning into a man or vice versa??

Well, we know who's going to win the million dollars now... as someone posted above, he'll likely be carried along by the younger girls on a wave of "social justice" to the final three, then there will be his story about wanting the money for surgeries or whatever.

I think it was all pre-planned, though. I think Zeke, Varner, Jeff and the producers all knew they were going to "out" him. The other players were genuinely shocked, but Zeke was way too cool about it, almost as if he were braced for it. Plus, they wouldn't have aired that if it were truly hurtful to him. That's an EXTREMELY personal thing that has nothing whatsoever to do with the game. Survivor loves to be cool and hip and on the cutting edge of things..

I missed the first few seasons, so I never saw Johnny Fairplay, but I did see Russell Hanz (sp?), who as far as I knew was the most hated player to date.. Either way, I guess Varner now holds that title.

PS to the producers: Please bring back Russell!

Last edited by AmeriMurph; 04-13-2017 at 05:05 AM..

Old 04-13-2017, 05:09 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriMurph View Post
Does that mean he's a woman turning into a man or vice versa??

Well, we know who's going to win the million dollars now... as someone posted above, he'll likely be carried along by the younger girls on a wave of "social justice" to the final three, then there will be his story about wanting the money for surgeries or whatever.

I think it was all pre-planned, though. I think Zeke, Varner, Jeff and the producers all knew they were going to "out" him. The other players were genuinely shocked, but Zeke was way too cool about it, almost as if he were braced for it. Plus, they wouldn't have aired that if it were truly hurtful to him. That's an EXTREMELY personal thing that has nothing whatsoever to do with the game. Survivor loves to be cool and hip and on the cutting edge of things..

I missed the first few seasons, so I never saw Johnny Fairplay, but I did see Russell Hanz (sp?), who as far as I knew was the most hated player to date.. Either way, I guess Varner now holds that title.

PS to the producers: Please bring back Russell!
That bridge has been burnt. The water under it, drained.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:12 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
I do think Zeke will make it to the finals or the very least get the favorite player prize. Although I think it was a horrible thing to do as it in no way related to the game - they were foolish not to vote out either Ozzy or Zeke as both are the best game players on that team.

As much as Varner wasn't thinking - neither were they. And as lousy as it was I do truly believe Varner was sorry. He's apologized on Twitter and there are many articles with apologies - he's been very involved with the LBGT community and the transgender issue so I do believe - game play - overrode morality and he wasn't thinking straight. Shoulda coulda woulda - until we walk in the man's shoes as much as I'd like to say I'd never do anything like that - who knows - you can never say never.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:14 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Before Jeff said they didn't need to vote, I was thinking that Varner was going to vote for himself. I've missed some seasons. Has that ever happened?
One of the few rules of Survivor is you can't vote for yourself.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:19 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I do think Zeke will make it to the finals or the very least get the favorite player prize. Although I think it was a horrible thing to do as it in no way related to the game - they were foolish not to vote out either Ozzy or Zeke as both are the best game players on that team.

As much as Varner wasn't thinking - neither were they. And as lousy as it was I do truly believe Varner was sorry. He's apologized on Twitter and there are many articles with apologies - he's been very involved with the LBGT community and the transgender issue so I do believe - game play - overrode morality and he wasn't thinking straight. Shoulda coulda woulda - until we walk in the man's shoes as much as I'd like to say I'd never do anything like that - who knows - you can never say never.
There are some lines that I wouldn't cross, even to win $1M. I think that if Varner had gotten a different reaction from the rest of the tribe, he may have kept up his attack on Zeke.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:26 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,268,503 times
Wow. I knew something was going to happen when we didn't go to commercial after the challenge but did right before Tribal Council. Then to come back and still have 20 minutes left in the episode, but I really did not expect that. Despite everything that happened, I think Rob Cesternino said it best in his podcast last night. Don't harass, abuse, or spew hate on Varner. Instead, turn that into support and love toward Zeke. That is a much better expenditure of your emotions.

I still can't imagine how Varner saw that playing out favorably for him. Why was he even trying to prove Zeke is deceitful when Ozzy is the one he was targeting? And I know he kept saying there was no malice intended but there absolutely was! The whole point of him doing it, and it was obviously something Varner planned to do, was to get the tribe to turn against Zeke for keeping this info from them. That is malice. He had total intention to harm Zeke there.

I thought Probst did a great job because he didn't let Varner off the hook. When Varner realized how stupid he had been and tried to back pedal, Probst wouldn't let him. Varner said he thought Zeke was out and proud. But Varner also knew he was hiding the transgender thing. It can't be both! It's not possible for him to be out and hiding at the same time! Varner KNEW that Zeke hadn't told anyone he was transgender!

I'm apparently thinking different than most here, but I think if anything, Varner crushed Zeke's game. I don't think anybody will want to go to the end with him now. He has this heartbreaking story to tell! Nobody will want to go up against that! Yes, I can see them keeping him around for a couple tribal councils but none of them will want to sit next to him at the end.

Ok, away from that because I know that whole part of the show will be beaten into the ground. I really liked the other tribe opening up emotionally after the reward challenge. To see Culpepper especially but also Aubry and Cirie speak so emotionally about how the game changes you because it's so hard was a nice touch. And something I don't think we would have seen if it hadn't been for that tribal council.

Also, I LOVED the shot of Hali after the immunity challenge being hugged from behind with a huge, beaming smile because she figured out the word and won it for them. That was very much something that producers like to put in a winner's montage. Could she be the winner? She certainly has the underdog story. Plus that hero shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV