Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2017, 06:27 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Kind of ironic, that as you condemn Sarah, you are revealing yourself to be exactly the same as her. How are you any different? Apply what you're saying about her, to yourself.

Will YOU need a tearful realization to accept a formerly transphobic person who now admits the error of her ways?

Always remember that little trick they taught us in kindergarten... When you point your finger at someone else, you have 3 pointing right back at you.
How do I reveal myself as the same as her? I didn't, this is just an incredibly weak deflection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 07:14 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,267,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I think Jeff Varner was wrong... way wrong... and has been extremely apologetic since. I also think that if Zeke was upset enough over this, they could have edited out the outing.

But Zeke was not that upset (apparently), it seems to me that Jeff should have lost his job over this.
Are you saying Jeff Probst should have lost his job?

Old 04-17-2017, 07:34 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,297,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Are you saying Jeff Probst should have lost his job?
No, the poster means Varner.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:55 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
I sort of felt badly for Varner losing his job until I read this. The guy tries to twist things to his benefit still! He tried to make his new employer look bad for firing him.

Jeff Varner

Old 04-17-2017, 09:50 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,458,564 times
I always found Varner overrated anyway, to the point where I don't see why he became a Name. Last time the network made a huge deal that "Varner will be on!" and I thought: "Who's Varner, and why should I care?" I'd completely forgotten him from Australia, or whatever season he was on. So I got re-acquainted--did not have much choice, because Probie was Naming him, and half the DRs were his. It occurred to me that the notion of his value or ability was quite exaggerated, but the Name emphasis is what led me to wish him off my TV. Twice. I may find Cochroach and Coachebag annoying, but their play and colorfulness did earn them Names. Varner's just another Jeff, no more or less important than any non-Probst Jeff Survivor personalities.

I wouldn't have wished for it to happen this way, though. Regardless of what one thinks about the whole gender identity notion, blabbing any deeply private confidence on national TV is the act of a jackass, and there is reasonable expectation that a gay person his age would be better about that than a straight person of the same age group, because he grew up in a time where there was a lot less acceptance for homosexuality. I'd rather have seen him voted out innocent of breaking confidences, but blindsided with three idols in his shorts.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:28 PM

Who in your opinion is the most obnoxious Survivor of all time? In theory I could have started another thread for this, but I suspect the moderators would rather I not do so. Candidates I can imagine:

--Na'Donkey (completely unmanageable, like Dishonora from Naked & Afraid)
--Brandon Hantz (needs to be on the medications)
--Russhole Hantz (one of the only Survivors I've ever legitimately wished harm upon)
--Jonny Fairplay (always made me think of Greg Brady's Johnny Bravo, don't ask me why)
--Dolton (just an abominable person; how did such a nice guy as the one who died, get stuck with this? and what kind of sick cosmic fate is it that takes him and leaves Dolton?)
--Coachebag (who made a list like this while meditating in a dhow off Aden during his spiritual peregrinations)
--Phillip (The Exaggerator)
--Debbie (who between her supermodel and concert cellist careers, was in the SEALs and also is a champion knitter)
--Jeff V. (I am confiscating his Name as penalty for gross misconduct)

No doubt you all will think of some I did not. If I have to pick the worst, I guess it's Russhole by a narrow margin. He reminds me of too many people in this world I've hated for real and for true.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:34 PM

78 posts, read 85,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Who in your opinion is the most obnoxious Survivor of all time? In theory I could have started another thread for this, but I suspect the moderators would rather I not do so. Candidates I can imagine:

--Na'Donkey (completely unmanageable, like Dishonora from Naked & Afraid)
--Brandon Hantz (needs to be on the medications)
--Russhole Hantz (one of the only Survivors I've ever legitimately wished harm upon)
--Jonny Fairplay (always made me think of Greg Brady's Johnny Bravo, don't ask me why)
--Dolton (just an abominable person; how did such a nice guy as the one who died, get stuck with this? and what kind of sick cosmic fate is it that takes him and leaves Dolton?)
--Coachebag (who made a list like this while meditating in a dhow off Aden during his spiritual peregrinations)
--Phillip (The Exaggerator)
--Debbie (who between her supermodel and concert cellist careers, was in the SEALs and also is a champion knitter)
--Jeff V. (I am confiscating his Name as penalty for gross misconduct)

No doubt you all will think of some I did not. If I have to pick the worst, I guess it's Russhole by a narrow margin. He reminds me of too many people in this world I've hated for real and for true.

The girl from Brazil. I can't think of her name.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:46 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,247,513 times
We lived in Eastern NC for quite a few yrs. & Jeff Varner was our local Weatherman. I believe it was on WRAL, but it was awhile ago so I may be mistaken. He was just wrong in what he did on Survivor to Zeke.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriMurph View Post
The girl from Brazil. I can't think of her name.
Abi-Maria. Yeah, she should make a fairly short list.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:09 PM

679 posts, read 810,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
We lived in Eastern NC for quite a few yrs. & Jeff Varner was our local Weatherman. I believe it was on WRAL, but it was awhile ago so I may be mistaken. He was just wrong in what he did on Survivor to Zeke.
He was the weekend news anchor at my local Fox station around 10 years ago. That was in the triad area of NC. I always liked him so I was really disappointed this happened with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV