Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 08:36 PM

679 posts, read 809,988 times

Advertisements

The Cirie and Michaela conversation on the beach was the best part of the episode for me. I like Michaela and want to see her do well. I just think she needs some help on the social aspects and needs someone on her side. Cirie is perfect for that! Loved how Michaela was so receptive of hearing what Cirie had to say about her and didn't get defensive or blow up about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 11:11 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,601,833 times
Sorry about the storms you guys had. Hope all are ok.

Double episode because the first one was boring and traditional Survivor, while the 2nd one was crazy!

Have we reached the point where no one can trust anyone ever?

And, I don't care what Zeke's personal history is - I STILL don't like the way he plays the game.

And did Debbie actually just make a major game play??? Debbie?????

(Did we already know she's a member of the, what was it this time, the Air National Guard?)

Wow.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:30 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
It must have been storming all over the place because I had them too and my satellite went out for about 15 minutes..... So can someone catch me up on what happened between Zeke and Andrea? I missed it? Why are they after each other now?

Old 04-20-2017, 12:58 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
There has been this YT channel that has beaten CBS to the punch of putting up videos but not tonight CBS had all the challenges & both TC up right quick!

Darn, darn, darn I wanted Ozzy, Malcolm & JT in the final 3 wasn't going to happen. I really don't like JT as much as I did before after he played this season he just needs to go back & stay on the farm now. Malcolm had to have known he was going to be an early boot due to his game play that most of the others could now see through his charm. Great player though. Now Ozzy....................... they needed to get him out but if rations are really that bad at camp then they all just chewed off the hand that was feeding them period. Dumb move at this point but couldn't let him get much deeper either. I really thought Ozzy was going to be a three-peat on that pole dog gone it.

So Hali was getting a lot of air and she was brilliant at that metamorphosis puzzle so I thought she was getting a foothold. Culpepper still stunk up the water part of the challenge Mr. All Star athlete may be showing his age? I want him gone ASAP his brownie points giving up eating would have been lost on me. Tai he's a vegetarian so he can go forge in the jungle for his greens anytime.

I don't know what has Andrea's panties in a bunch but from her flared nostrils they must be cutting off circulation or something. Somebody will clue us in.

So now we have decided that back at Ponderosa (no videos from there up yet) Hali & Ozzy can make a very cute baby or twins & train them to be the next powerhouse beast of Survivor!

I'll still have to go watch the whole kit & caboodle tomorrow on CBS.com to see the cameos and camp talk.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:29 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Fun fact, Hali was the first member of the jury on her original season too.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:07 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
I thought both episodes were pretty predictable. The only notable exception is you have a cast with such ego's that everyone thinks they themselves are in charge. Thus getting voted out are no surprised - they are simply those that have made no personal connections at all (the first girl), those that are a threat (Ozzy). Those that try to make too much of an obvious power move are also at threat or shut down (the skinny tall blonde and Zeke).

I suspect this trend will continue, someone like Debbie will think she made a power move but really it's just a vote by consensus with no long term strategy, as I just don't see any firm alliances here except perhaps between the two black girls.

Old 04-20-2017, 05:56 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
And one last thing on this subject.....I felt bad for Zeke. I still feel bad for him in that this happened in the way it did.... I don't think he planned for this to happen or wanted it to happen. BUT, I feel less and less bad for him every day...

* He's made the rounds on the daytime talk shows.
* He's written an Op-ed and done a number of interviews for quite a few websites.
* According to interviews, Zeke and the show's producers have been planning the roll-out of this episode for almost a year, including a strategic, coordinated effort with various media outlets and LGBTQ advocacy groups.
* This incident got a lot of free publicity for the show.
* Probst said that Zeke never asked for that portion of the show to be edited out, and that it was never even discussed as an option.

So, yeah.... I feel bad for Zeke, but not all that bad. Seems Zeke and the show's producers are more than happy to capitalize on this for maximum effect. It's worked out as a net positive for Zeke, his cause, and the show.

Don't allow yourself to be played.
Came here to see who went home.
I'm not even watching anymore I agree with this so much. Screw Zeke and Jeff Probst. Not his place to judge and not hold the vote. We all know Varner pretty well and the hatred they knew was going to fly his way was unimportant to them, what awful people to do that to him. Like anyone really sat on their couch and "gee I hated transgenders before and now I love them". Nothing learned here but that Zeke was happy to ruin Varner's life for "fame"

Sorry to see Ozzy go. Culppepper and his alliance is a bigger threat so that is sort of stupid.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:08 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
Ozzy did appear to be the only provider. A threat in most challenges... and so be gone with the food. Must win at any cost.

Seriously, that Debbie is just plain stupid. She and Zeke make a nice couple. Both extremely mixed up.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:22 AM

11,779 posts, read 5,789,903 times
I'm sure Ozzy caught more than his fair share of food - he always has - but it's not like the others can't forage for themselves and they'll just have to pick up the slack. For me - removing Ozzy was a good move - he's likable - a beast at challenges and is the all around package to win the game of those left.

They should have voted off Michaela rather than Hali - Hali would have proved she didn't have an idol and I don't know why someone didn't take her up on her option to search her things.

I don't care for Debbie - but I thought it was a smart move. I'm not a Cirie, Aubrey, or Andrea fan - I think they're lazy for the most part - but that could be editing. Their strategic game is very good and all 3 should be next on the chopping block.

I don't like what happened last week and despite the fact - it was a raise your hand vote - it's on National TV - in front of the nation who is PC towards transgenders and you would be stupid not to have raised your hand to vote Varner out because it would appear you didn't care - weren't pc yourself - when in actuality you had a bigger threat in mind to vote for.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:27 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,266,803 times
Sierra will get knocked down eventually. She's being portrayed as on top and those people don't last long on these returning player seasons.

Zeke is once again power hungry, just like his first season. He has this desire to constantly make big moves and constantly control the flow of the game and if he doesn't get it, he flips. I have no idea what his plan is here.

Ozzy hasn't learned anything in the 20 seasons since his first. Once the merge comes, nobody cares if you can fish! They aren't going to keep you around because of that! So he needs to get off his high horse, but I fear we know have weeks of seeing him roll his eyes from the jury at everyone.

I was really hoping this would be Cirie's coming out episode, that she would begin to take over and work her magic. It seems to have backfired, though. I did love her speech to Michaela. I also loved her death glare at Michaela when Michaela mentioned hearing her name to Sierra.

And once again, Aubry is on the wrong side of the votes. How is she still in the game? I'm not complaining at all, but I'm amazed that she has been on the wrong side of pretty much every tribal council she's been to but she's still here!

Is Cirie the first person to make the merge without going to tribal council once? I'm curious about that.

On a positive note for Ozzy, I believe he now has the record for most days playing Survivor. I do know for sure he has the record for most individual immunity wins. He also is the only person to be voted out of the game 5 times which is even more amazing since he's played 4 times and made the finals of his first season. He got voted out of the game 3 times in South Pacific when Redemption Island was in play.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV