Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 09:04 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
If I can remember it is an Octopus but the soul inhabiting it is an Angel named Azrael. Supposedly that name means the Angel of Death but not in the way you think. He mentions something about how he needs to remind her of her purpose and reveal her true self. That’s when she wakes up inside an airplane. This won’t make sense till the end of the season. Before she goes under, she asks if she will die. And he said that depends on your brother. Apparently she has sent someone to help her through each part of the journey. This part isn’t clear but Karim does save her by cutting off the tentacle... so is he the brother?

Have you seen beyond that yet?
OK, so he did need to save her. She wasn't dying to come back the way she usually does. No, I haven't seen beyond that. I obviously have to re-start that epi, thanks for the intel to help me along while watching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 06:37 AM

159 posts, read 287,116 times
I thought the revelation of the five cubes was awesome. For a few minutes before realizing she couldn't take them with her and what was she going to do without them at her next destination?

Enjoying the program though.

Regards,

Dave

Old 04-05-2019, 07:19 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
I loved the 5 cubes!!!!!

Old 04-16-2019, 06:12 PM

I love the cubes too, and the people she taught the moves doing them, which somehow aided her in a way I don't understand. I need to watch again, I guess. I don't understand the part about Michele either.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:29 PM

OK, I don't understand ALOT. Steve. Jumping into that plane and then catching up to the ambulance and getting in. 'Hello, HAP'. I mean yay, loved it, haha the way he said it with a glare. But WHAT?

I guess they all jumped? And that is how Buck/Michele is there. They only showed Steve falling, but they took everyone else out of the frame so we don't know who all jumped?

I don't understand how anyone jumped. I thought you have to have a NDE and eat something living and all that. But Hap jumps. Sigh, I love it, but I am LOST.

Back in season One, apparently one must pay extremely strict attention.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:16 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Finally finished. I loved it, but lots of questions!

Old 05-03-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Finally finished. I loved it, but lots of questions!
I can't find it now, but I read something that explains season 2, and watching it AGAIN, I see it. Except I don't agree with whoever wrote it that Steve is somehow really Homer when he jumps?

I guess anything is possible, but to me it seemed that Steve was Steve. And there to fight for OA against HAP.

Oh, I love it. !

Old 05-03-2019, 02:29 PM

No I believe Steve is Steve and Homer is Homer.

Not sure who else jumped but the reason why Buck/Michele was there in the end was because her character made it threw the window and Michele (who was in a coma) didn' t wake up until she climbed up and touched Karim's hand at the window. Thus coming back to her alternate universe.

Jen on your question about how they jump. For those who were captured by Hap, it isn't counted as a jump if they had an NDE. The NDE allowed them to see other alternate realities. AND that Flower (Hap was growing in the pool) allowed him to see it also without doing a NDE. And yes, when Homer and Prairie had their NDE and ate something it allowed them to come back.

So we now know that Season 2 took place in Homer's NDE. Season 3 takes place in Scott's NDE. Remember he said there were lights all around and it looked like Hap and Prairie were friendly with each other. He also mentioned that a heavy-set woman came up and told him that she was there to teach him the 3rd movement. A lot of people are assuming that is Betty (BD)...just love her. So, maybe she made it through as well.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:38 PM

I absolutely loved the atmosphere in Season 2. It had such a mythical and haunting feeling to it. So hard to pull that vibe off. I love Steve's transformation. He started off being such a hateful, bitter person and turned into this protector and guardian of the OA. There is a quote from someone in the Christian forum talking about Azrael and it was really fascinating how his take applied to The OA. Let me see if I can find it!

Old 05-03-2019, 02:45 PM

Here it is...not sure how to link to it so I just copied it:

"There was was an Angel of Death named Azrael, who was appointed by god as the Guardian Spirit of Israel, and the guide of the dead and dying.
Azrael fell in love with a human woman, and began to question why death and suffering had to exists, once it was her time to die Azrael refused to take her life and guide her soul to where it needed to be, at first God would have forgiven Azrael but Azrael demanded to know why death and suffering had to exist, God punished Azrael by taking away it's authority and power and forcing it to reincarnate endlessly as a human. While my soul belonged to it, I am not my past lives or it, I am me with some of there memories."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV