Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 12:02 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,987,396 times

Advertisements

Also, I thought that the little girl named Sylvie was pretty freaky with her ability to inadvertently turn people into stone.

Plus, I'm loving the developing romance between Dorothy and Lucas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 12:55 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
We find out Lucas's real name is Roan. Which is very fitting to the character, since the name means "raven". The guard leader apparently has some kind of a connection because he was trying to talk to him. I hope they reveal what happened to them.

I'm getting really annoyed with the "Wizard" of OZ because they're not really doling out anything about him, other than that he has no magic. Why is he so attached to that girl? I thought they were going to say she was his daughter.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:36 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Taylor View Post
Also, I thought that the little girl named Sylvie was pretty freaky with her ability to inadvertently turn people into stone.

Plus, I'm loving the developing romance between Dorothy and Lucas.
I'm not sure what to think about the little girl. How does she fit into the story of Oz? When characters like her are introduced I feel like I'm watching some random show or I'm just incredibly ignorant of the Oz story. That won't stop me from watching. Still a lot about the show I'm really enjoying.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
We find out Lucas's real name is Roan. Which is very fitting to the character, since the name means "raven".
But why do you say it's very fitting to the character?

Quote:
I'm getting really annoyed with the "Wizard" of OZ because they're not really doling out anything about him, other than that he has no magic.
Well, I would just say to be patience with the storyline because it appears that they are building up to all of that. Including why he doesn't have any powers over the giants anymore. Plus, I'm sure that they will reveal why he hates magic so much, and why he is so tyrannical about it... and which is one of the things that I would like to find out about.

Quote:
Why is he so attached to that girl? I thought they were going to say she was his daughter.
Well, I don't know if you missed this part or not, but he had a relationship with her mother and she probably reminds him of her mother. However, they confirmed that he in not her father.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I'm not sure what to think about the little girl. How does she fit into the story of Oz? When characters like her are introduced I feel like I'm watching some random show or I'm just incredibly ignorant of the Oz story. That won't stop me from watching. Still a lot about the show I'm really enjoying.
Well, she's just another mystery. And like someone else said, everything will probably converge together eventually.

Also, I am finding out that if one is patient with the show, it has nice reveals on it.

Just like Jack becoming the Tin Man... which was a very nice surprise for me.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:38 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
All ten episodes were in the can before the show premiered. That gave them the luxury of building up the story more normally (rather than how television often forces stories to be presented).

Old 01-24-2017, 06:49 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,233,839 times
Quote:
Well, I don't know if you missed this part or not, but he had a relationship with her mother and she probably reminds him of her mother. However, they confirmed that he in not her father.
The scarecrow/Roan had a relationship with "creepy young girl who never talks" mother? I guessed I missed that too.

Old 01-24-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
The scarecrow/Roan had a relationship with "creepy young girl who never talks" mother? I guessed I missed that too.
And I guess I missed that too. lol

Old 01-24-2017, 12:51 PM

794 posts, read 1,325,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I believe that comment was talking about the Wizard with the "advisor", not Lucas/Roan and the little girl.

Old 01-24-2017, 05:01 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Well, she's just another mystery. And like someone else said, everything will probably converge together eventually.

Also, I am finding out that if one is patient with the show, it has nice reveals on it.

Just like Jack becoming the Tin Man... which was a very nice surprise for me.
It was a nice surprise for me too. I'm going to try my best to be patient. I just want to make sure I don't miss anything because I'm ignorant of the Oz books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV