Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 06:45 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times

Advertisements

Interesting, Marcy. I agree with everything you posted except that I dont think Normani will win. I've always maintained that the producers pick the winner, but their decision is influenced somewhat by the voting -- unless one star is under contract to Disney. But none of the Top 3 this season are Disney employees.

I predict Normani will come in 3rd. I'd love to see Rashad win but the producers like gymnasts. This season is different, though, in that Simone doesnt seem to have the spark that previous gymnastic winners have had. So maybe Rashad will have a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 04:58 PM

Arghhh...Comcast/Xfinity cable service went out about an hour ago and expected repair time isnt until @ 10:00 PM CST, long after DWTS is over. This is the only show I watch weekly on TV and I'm already having withdrawal pains. Can someone please post updates as they occur? Thanks!

Old 05-08-2017, 06:58 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Arghhh...Comcast/Xfinity cable service went out about an hour ago and expected repair time isnt until @ 10:00 PM CST, long after DWTS is over. This is the only show I watch weekly on TV and I'm already having withdrawal pains. Can someone please post updates as they occur? Thanks!
That's irritating. I think David did his best dance but I think he should go home tonight

Old 05-08-2017, 08:04 PM

Comcast came back in the last few minutes so I got to see who was sent home. As I said last week, I'm sure the producers (who make the decisions about who stays and who goes) are swayed by the number of votes that David's been getting -- more votes means higher advertising rates. And, although I think David will go home next week, I thought the right person went home tonight.

Last edited by TFW46; 05-08-2017 at 08:13 PM..

Old 05-08-2017, 08:33 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Comcast came back in the last few minutes so I got to see who was sent home. As I said last week, I'm sure the producers (who make the decisions about who stays and who goes) are swayed by the number of votes that David's been getting -- more votes means higher advertising rates. And, although I think David will go home next week, I thought the right person went home tonight.
Yes I'm good with who went home. Glad you got to see the end. Len was very hard on David's last dance

Old 05-08-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes I'm good with who went home. Glad you got to see the end. Len was very hard on David's last dance

Thanks! I'll watch the show on Comcast On Demand tomorrow.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:01 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,180,053 times
Len was very hard & rude with Bonner tonight also saying he stayed in a week to long. This is what this show was supposed to be about folks who didn't have dance experience & showing improvement each week. Now was Bonner on the bottom of showing it physically? Yes but he improved each week.

Now having said that this might not sit well with fans but hear me out. Each week dancers are to take the judges comments & improve well Simone has not done that. Sure she has nailed the routines since week one, why wouldn't she being a gold medal gymnast right? But she has failed weekly to show connection to the music or Sasha, shows no emotions one way or the other and has been very robotic. Plus her comment to Tom about "smiles don't win gold medals" was sassy. Not to mention she is defunct of real emotions/feelings clearly.

Sorry Normani's dance wasn't a true jive it was a country line dance with flavor.

Say what you will about Bonner & David being the lesser dancers left but Simone should have gone home tonight.

I'd like to see David (he'll probably get most fan votes if he did win) or Rashad win it now.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:29 PM

My sweet next-door neighbor taped tonight’s show for me and I just finished watching it.

Wow, in all the seasons Len has judged I have never heard him be so hard on anyone as he was on Bonner. I still cant believe he told Bonner, on live TV, that he didnt deserve to be in the Top 5. Although I’ve been saying the same thing every week, I actually felt sorry for Bonner and I truly admired the way he stood there and took Len’s harsh words like a gentleman.

I also cant believe that the judges actually found fault with Simone tonight. Everything they said was true – she doesnt seem to have the passion other gymnasts have had and she also seems to have plateaued -- but they’ve been so enamored with her all along that tonight’s criticism was surprising. And she didnt seem to take it well at all. In my opinion, her comment about smiling not winning gold medals sounded like the response of either a spoiled brat or a hurt youngster. Yes, I know she’s just a kid and doesnt have the emotional maturity to handle personal comments with as much dignity as an adult – but that’s precisely why kids should not be competing on the show.

I still love David dearly. No, his dancing isnt nearly so good as the other three remaining stars but it’s been a pleasure to get to know this awesomely-decent guy. Tom was so right in saying that David is the best representative that Major League Baseball could have sent.

Normani is peaking at just the right time and I’m sure Val has made room in his trophy cabinet for that mirrorball. But I just cant warm up to someone who’s done so much dancing as part of her professional career. Maybe it’s not the same as ballroom dancing but it’s taught her to be limber and to use her body in ways that have been beneficial in learning the DWTS dances.

I’m still rooting for Rashad to win. He has a remarkable ability to learn quickly – he masters a new hobby in every off-season – and I’m betting we’ll see much-improved footwork and fewer technical errors next week. I realize he’s not the best dancer but there have been many seasons when the best dancer didnt win.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:45 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,266,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Len was very hard & rude with Bonner tonight also saying he stayed in a week to long. This is what this show was supposed to be about folks who didn't have dance experience & showing improvement each week. Now was Bonner on the bottom of showing it physically? Yes but he improved each week.

Now having said that this might not sit well with fans but hear me out. Each week dancers are to take the judges comments & improve well Simone has not done that. Sure she has nailed the routines since week one, why wouldn't she being a gold medal gymnast right? But she has failed weekly to show connection to the music or Sasha, shows no emotions one way or the other and has been very robotic. Plus her comment to Tom about "smiles don't win gold medals" was sassy. Not to mention she is defunct of real emotions/feelings clearly.

Sorry Normani's dance wasn't a true jive it was a country line dance with flavor.

Say what you will about Bonner & David being the lesser dancers left but Simone should have gone home tonight.

I'd like to see David (he'll probably get most fan votes if he did win) or Rashad win it now.
I agree. Normani's dance wasn't a true jive....no kicks and flicks. It really was a country line dance,
and the judges didn't call her (or Val) on it.

But they were hard on Bonner. Especially Len, who crossed the line and was rude.

Also I agree, Simone showed her true colors with that sassy line "smiles don't win gold medals".

I like Rashad, he just has to clean up his foot work a bit. He could win it.

It would be nice to see David win too, he is not that good, I can dance better than him
but he is a really nice guy, great personality.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
I agree. Normani's dance wasn't a true jive....no kicks and flicks. It really was a country line dance,and the judges didn't call her (or Val) on it.

But they were hard on Bonner. Especially Len, who crossed the line and was rude.

Also I agree, Simone showed her true colors with that sassy line "smiles don't win gold medals".

I like Rashad, he just has to clean up his foot work a bit. He could win it.

It would be nice to see David win too, he is not that good, I can dance better than him but he is a really nice guy, great personality.

I think Len called Normani out anonymously when he complimented David for doing the proper steps for his dance "unlike some others". It's obvious (to me, anyway) that the judges are told who to play up to each week. It's been Simone all along, until the last two weeks when they switched to Normani.

Simone has been the golden child up to now. She's been led to believe that the mirrorball is hers for the taking -- so the last two weeks, when the judges have been on Team Normani, have understandably been hard for her. And Len was pretty tough on her last night, telling her that 9s wont win. That's no excuse for her responding like she did last night, though, other than kids that young shouldnt be competing on the show.

Although Rashad is my guy, I wouldnt mind seeing David win, just because of what an amazing person he is -- but there's no way that's going to happen. He may be one of the three semi-finalists but I think he'll be the next one sent packing. I'd like to see Normani go home next week instead and bigger surprises have happened on this show.

Edited to add that I just realized Simone is 20 years old. For some reason, I've been thinking that she's 16-17. So the excuse of youth doesnt play for her rude response to the critiques last night. She's probably emotionally very immature because of her upbringing and focus on gymnastics -- but her grandparents/legal guardians havent done her any favors by not teaching her to cope with the non-gymnastic world.

Last edited by TFW46; 05-09-2017 at 06:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV