Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 01:59 PM

711 posts, read 688,226 times

Advertisements

I confess, this has become a guilty pleasure for me. Ever watch one of those shows that is so bizarre, the dialog is so strange and the mix of people is so illogical that you just can't help but watch? That's this show for me.

It's "kind of" a cooking show. Martha always starts with a cocktail demonstration. You get the feeling she's been practicing these cocktails a few hours before the show ever starts. Snoop definitely seems to be somewhat baked from the start. Both Martha and Snoop have different special guests. Each week Martha's team and Snoop's team prepare some kind of theme dish. One was Thanksgiving, another was sushi. At the end, they all sit around a big table and share both meals.

It's not MustSeeTV for me....but it is pretty darn funny. Anyone else watch this one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 02:06 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,278 times
I think it is a pretty good show. Certainly better than much of the other choices on cable TV.

They do have very good chemistry, as strange as that sounds.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:27 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,724,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
They do have very good chemistry, as strange as that sounds.
Even stranger they have been working together on various things for years.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:53 PM

545 posts, read 411,497 times
I bet they both smoke bales of weed before taping the show.

I wish Martha would have written a prison cookbook based on her experiences in the pen. Toilet Merlot, anyone?

Old 03-03-2017, 05:35 AM

9,877 posts, read 7,207,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtuba View Post
I bet they both smoke bales of weed before taping the show.

I wish Martha would have written a prison cookbook based on her experiences in the pen. Toilet Merlot, anyone?
No need for Toilet Merlot - she was at Camp Cupcake where they riot when the back 9 is closed and the inmates are planning their escape over the curb around the facility.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:56 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,183,656 times
Although his music was never my style, I have always liked Snoop Dog. I can't put my finger on exactly why, though.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:55 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
Although his music was never my style, I have always liked Snoop Dog. I can't put my finger on exactly why, though.
He's just a cool, easygoing dude that likes to party, hang out and...well you know. He also carries himself well and doesn't get into much trouble...just typical Hollywood badboy stuff for the most part.

I do like his music, but beyond that TO ME it is easy to see why he is a popular celebrity.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:21 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
Yes Snoop is a likeable guy. I think part of his appeal is he doesn't seem threatening and thuggy like some of the rap artists. He also, while sounding a little high and speaking like rapper, is fairly obviously not stupid when you listen. I thought it was interesting when I heard him say he doesn't get high at all during football coaching season. (He coaches kids football). He is pretty invested as a Dad.

I sought out this show after hearing about it somewhere and watched a few episodes. I will watch the rest, I don't think there are very many.

And yes the draw is the juxtaposition of the two wildly different people.

Sort of why I thought the concept of the movie Keneau was so funny. Not the movie so much mind you, the concept. Little Kitten being loved on by gang bangers and regular men (who typically punch their man card ticket by saying how much they hate cats).

I suspect Martha gets a little drunk because I think they film these back to back. So maybe 2 or 3 a day.

Old 03-03-2017, 09:42 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,183,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
He's just a cool, easygoing dude that likes to party, hang out and...well you know. He also carries himself well and doesn't get into much trouble...just typical Hollywood badboy stuff for the most part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Yes Snoop is a likeable guy. I think part of his appeal is he doesn't seem threatening and thuggy like some of the rap artists. He also, while sounding a little high and speaking like rapper, is fairly obviously not stupid when you listen.
Yes, I think this is probably it. Maybe I need to check this show out.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:32 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,885,695 times
I can't watch the show due to snoop being racist. I used to like him, but not anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV