Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 03:53 PM

761 posts, read 604,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I just got Hulu and looking at the original shows. I am not familiar at all with what is showing!

Oh YES!!

Get your bowl of popcorn and turn off the phone.
You'll want to binge watch this until the period closes the last sentence of 10 episodes.

It's called SHUT-EYE

Here, read--->

Charlie Haverford is a scammer with a small chain of fortune-telling storefronts and contracts building tricks for a family that controls the business in the greater chunk of Los Angeles. A blow to the head from a client's angry boyfriend intersects with a hypnosis session while auditioning a new "clairvoyant," and suddenly, a man whose entire life has been based on fraud begins to see and feel some very real and fundamental truths. Charlie's wife Linda is sick and tired of their mediocre life and wants to break away from Fonso, the single father who runs the Marks family's psychic empire, and controls the Haverford's future. Rossellini co-stars as Rita, the cunning, seductive, and sadistic matriarch of the Marks clan.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 08:32 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
If you're singed up to Plenti, link your Hulu account. I'm getting points for my TV playing Pokemon, lol. The other TV is playing a drama show that gets points, as it played a comedy show last night for points.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:29 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
The best I have seen on Hulu was Braquo. I think it has 3 seasons. It is about 4 cops and really good, it does have subtitles though but I don't mind. Worth your time.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:24 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Hulu Original "The Handmaid's Tale" drawing excellent reviews and renewed for S-2
Elizabeth Moss, Peggy in Mad Men, plays the lead female--Offred...a concubine assigned to a leader in the new America--a religious theocracy...

I am watching "Beck"--a Swedish police drama...subtitled of course so you can't just listen to it but have to watch it for the translation...

Good foreign shows on--
If you like police/drama try Prime Suspect, an older but excellent serial with Helen Mirren as DI Jane Tennyson--filmed over a a 10 yr or more stretch with a multi-part story told about one police investigation....great writing and on-location work but Mirren shines in every one...
And it is an unintended insight to see her playing this same character as Mirren herself ages...

New series I found from France called The Village--about live in one village in WWII under German occupation...want to watch to see how it deals with the issue of those who were sympathetic to the Germans vs those who really resisted...
Many people in France are trying to deny that there were French people who participated and helped Germans capture and send Jews to concentration camps for extermination -- especially now that LePen is running for the presidency...

Old 05-03-2017, 02:45 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
If you're singed up to Plenti, link your Hulu account. I'm getting points for my TV playing Pokemon, lol. The other TV is playing a drama show that gets points, as it played a comedy show last night for points.
Oh wow, I just looked it up. You get 200 plenti points for registering a device and then for every 10 episodes played? That's a lot. I don't normally like the TV on for background noise, but Hulu would basically pays for itself if I played just 10 episodes each week.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:50 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidaldream View Post
Oh YES!!

Get your bowl of popcorn and turn off the phone.
You'll want to binge watch this until the period closes the last sentence of 10 episodes.

It's called SHUT-EYE

Here, read--->

Charlie Haverford is a scammer with a small chain of fortune-telling storefronts and contracts building tricks for a family that controls the business in the greater chunk of Los Angeles. A blow to the head from a client's angry boyfriend intersects with a hypnosis session while auditioning a new "clairvoyant," and suddenly, a man whose entire life has been based on fraud begins to see and feel some very real and fundamental truths. Charlie's wife Linda is sick and tired of their mediocre life and wants to break away from Fonso, the single father who runs the Marks family's psychic empire, and controls the Haverford's future. Rossellini co-stars as Rita, the cunning, seductive, and sadistic matriarch of the Marks clan.

Thanks for your review! I started watching. I love it! I only wish I was behind more so I could keep binging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV