Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 02:52 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,917,836 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=2]I am not sure if you read Television Without Pity Real Housewives of New York message board, but these gals are super sleuths. They apparently have figured out that Jill Zarin is reviewing her own book on Amazon under the name Susan Saunders. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]http://www.amazon.com/Jill-Shapiro/wishlist/1XUL2TB97A4WJ/ref=cm_pdp_wish_all_itms[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 07:36 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Just now had to stop what I was doing to watch the cat walk again. I yelled for my husband to come in and see it. He said, "Oh my God, what is wrong with her eyes?"

Old 04-22-2010, 09:03 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
just a quick post to say...."damn Kelly forgot her pants!!!!!!"

Old 04-23-2010, 02:25 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Just now had to stop what I was doing to watch the cat walk again. I yelled for my husband to come in and see it. He said, "Oh my God, what is wrong with her eyes?"
I actually laughed out loud at that part. It was so ridiculous.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:21 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,480,532 times
Kelly and Alex both forgot their pants! The new housewife needs a man. Bad. The previews looked interesting. Apparently Alex does something Jill doesn't like and they get into it. I wonder how well Jill's book is selling? She certainly isn't practising what she wrote about.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:25 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,084,878 times
Yet another train wreck! They should all get endorsements for blood pressure medication and antacids

Here's what I learned last night:
  1. From a profile view, Bethenny looked like Michael Jackson.
  2. Alex is Bethenny's closest friend You didn't tell anyone about your engagement
  3. The Countless has no class at all (yes she had to marry the title). Snarky should be her middle name.
  4. Jill and Bethenny need to go to therapy together. They are literally hot and cold. When Jill tries to be nice, Bethenny is a beeatche and vice-versa. I do hope they work it out though.
  5. Ramona needs eye transplants. I can't look at those crazy eyes at her any more. She scares me! (I have to avert my eyes from her crazy eyes as I am afraid that she is trying to possess my body through the TV)
  6. Jill's dog is as neurotic and Jewish as she is.
  7. Oy! What a mom Jill has Don't pass on some of the traits you learned from her and certainly don't write a book about it
  8. Sonja likes to get it on and often. Can she do something with her hair please Maybe she spends her monthly alimony allowance on sex toys and no hairdresser
  9. Countless - please - you know your husband was cheating on you while you were married. Now I'm not so sure she was hitting something too...
  10. I hope Kelly didn't have to bend over in her dress. I think my underwear is longer than her dress
I can't wait until Alex rips Jill a new one next week

Old 04-23-2010, 08:21 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
It seemed pretty clear from the after-show that Bethenny and Jill have not reconciled. I actually do hope that they can renew their friendship. It won't be like it was before, but I think both care deeply about the other.

I thought the lunch with Sonja and Ramona was interesting. The Countess seems to think Sonja is firmly in her pocket, and is pretty free with her criticism of the others with Sonja. And yet Sonja so far has been pretty neutral, plus she's getting the dish from Ramona. Countess--watch out!

Speaking of the Countess, um, the man at the eligible bachelors dinner she hooked up with? What's up with that? Wasn't she telling Jill just last week about a J, younger and the polar opposite of the Count, and Jewish to boot? That eligible bachelor just didn't give off an "elegance and class" vibe, imo.

I think that Bethenny and Alex's friendship is a good thing. Bethenny's own words, about unconditional acceptance, says it all. Bethenny's history of abandonment has forced her to construct an artillery of defenses. Her caustic wit, the shut-down of her emotions, are all part of this. Her father hurt her deeply. Jill hurt her even more deeply. She reached out to her father just once. She reached out to Jill at least three times after Jill declared their friendship to be "done". Each time, Jill just reiterated the what Bethenny had to feel was an abandonment. I think that when Jill reached out, Bethenny was simply too hurt and too afraid to accept that hand. Her history makes her particularly fragile in that way, and Bethenny is taking a lot of emotional risks right now, a new marriage, a child, all the changes in her career. Hopefully, sometime in the future Bethenny will see that the security of the friendship she had with Jill that had lasted such a long time actually helped Bethenny to develop the strength to take these new risks. And that will help her forgive.

Ramona was so genuinely thrilled for Bethenny. That was very nice. The Countess's congratulatory remark was slithery. Sorry, "I feel happy for you despite you calling me a snake". No class. You just say Bethenny, I'm happy for you. Let's put the past behind us, because I think you have a wonderful future ahead.

Kelly and Alex--dresses too short. And Kelly, the Countess is not your friend. Don't care what she says, or how many events she invites you too. Their little discussion over drinks about men says it all. Kelly doesn't have the respect of these other women. For whatever reason. And it shows.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:56 AM

5,277 posts, read 6,210,635 times
Quote:
Ramona was so genuinely thrilled for Bethenny. That was very nice. The Countess's congratulatory remark was slithery. Sorry, "I feel happy for you despite you calling me a snake". No class. You just say Bethenny, I'm happy for you. Let's put the past behind us, because I think you have a wonderful future ahead.
I'm going to disagree with this one. This was actually the first time Luann had seen Bethenney since her fashion show beat down & i think it would be awkard to go from being told someone hates your guts/you're a skank/your best friend doesn't like you to being kiss/kiss/love the ring. I thought she came accross honestly- in that she was happy for her/smarting over the argument/uncorfortable of how to handle it. And she went over pretty quickly. I think bethenney was a little uncomfortable too & apologized more quickly than I would have imagined. I also give Luann credit for asking Mario to his face about the stupid comment & then saying 'well thats as far as I'm going to get so I'll have to leave it behind.' Hopefully Luann can start bringing the fun now. Drunken singing, man cavorting, discreet doormen- I hope the old gal lets it rip.

It also made me realize how shoertened this filming must be that through 3/4 of the season main cast members have not seen each other since the 1st/2nd shows.

On the Andy Cohen aftershow- they asked Bethenney about Luan being an the one to instigate/stir the pot. She said the she had not- but they were never great friends to begin with so even after that big scene they were able to return to the same level of friendship. Specifically 'BSing at cocktail parties.' I am getting the feeling that next week we learn Alex/Simon wew stirring the pot. I did not understand the need for his intervention last night.

This is mean- but I cannot stand to look at Simon. Like Ramona he makes my skin crawl. I just hope my eyes don't bulge.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:41 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
losing interest

I tried again last night. Tried to watch last weeks epi last night and just could not bare to do it. Between Sonja and the Countless little get together and "throwing clothes in the elevator" and Jill and Bobby eating "New York Pizza"..............it was just too much.

I'm ready for the New Jersey Housewives.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:17 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,863,050 times
Sadly, I feel like I am starting to lose interest with these woman. I am happy for Bethenny and that is about all I can say at this point. I will def watch her new show when it starts but just don't really like how this season has played out compared to the other NY seasons. All of the interactions between them has been just so draining to watch. Next week looks good though! I am sure I will hang on to the bitter end but so disappointed with this season so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV