Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 01:08 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,184,004 times

Advertisements

I wasn't paying great attention last night. Were they really discussing taking Adderal (amphetamine) for weight loss? It seems like there was some hinting that Ramona might be on it, which would explain A LOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 01:29 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,456,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I tried again last night. Tried to watch last weeks epi last night and just could not bare to do it. Between Sonja and the Countless little get together and "throwing clothes in the elevator" and Jill and Bobby eating "New York Pizza"..............it was just too much.

I'm ready for the New Jersey Housewives.
I had it on but wasn't really paying attention to it. Pretty much missed everything except the scene with Jill's dog. Just bored with it.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:25 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,014,860 times
Jill is such a trip. Her dog is ugly & nasty. She is acting so stereotypical.

Crazy Eyes scares me & her daughter is so cute & funny.

Sonja is horny & needs to stop putting her sexual bizniss on the street.

Kelly is comic relief to me & cannot cook. Her girls are cute though, loved the kitchen scene.

Yay for Bethy & being mature the whole time.

Alex & Simon make me laugh but I find them amusing anyway.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:13 PM

947 posts, read 3,134,781 times
I think the woman are showing their true colors this season - minus Bethany, Ramona and Kelley.

Kelley is dingy and hasn't changed. Bethany and Ramona were always in your face kind of people.

Bethany hit it on the head when said she now sees Jills true colors. Hard to miss them this season.

Next week looks interesting the meeting between Jill and Bethany. Jill has the nerve to say "what happened" with us? Can't wait to see that phony act.

The way Jill acts with her dog is just creepy.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:36 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,831,238 times
I think Romona's eyes are the result of bad plastic surgery. Freaky. They're not natural.

Bethany knows Jill well enough to know that her congratulations was merely to save face. Jill is super shallow. Did you hear the very first words out of her mouth when she heard that Bethany got engaged? "Why is she doing this?" Like Bethany announced her engagement to hurt Jill. In Jill's world, everything is about Jill.

I'm glad Alex and Bethany are friends. It's clear that Alex is a good person to have as a friend. I don't think it's odd that Alex is the first person Bethany told. We don't see their entire lives. I'm sure Alex and Bethany have been spending a lot of time together off camera.

I like Alex and Simon. I don't think they're stirring the pot. I think they are genuinely nice people who are trying to help.

I loved the irony of the dog pooping when the vet made a house call. There's a downside to being rich and having people make house calls!

I'm loving that the Countess can't afford the type of city apartment she wants!

Old 04-24-2010, 01:19 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,361,266 times
Hopes, when Jill said "Why did she do this?", I believe she was talking about the fact that Kelly called Bethy's fiancee over to meet them.

These women are boring. I can't believe they are still going on and on and on ad nauseum about what Bethy did to Jill, or was it something Jill did to Bethy? I've forgotten what it was. No one goes on and on over something that silly between 2 people. We didn't even go on that much in elementary school! I wouldn't want to be friends with any of them. Also, they bring this stupid stuff up at inappropiate times, like charity events. They just go up to someone and say "I don't think you should have said that about me", and get into a silly argument. I'm also tired of how every single time they see each other, how they tell them how great they look! I think I'm just tired of this show. I do think they are the silliest and most boring housewives out of all of the housewife shows.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:22 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,754,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Hopes, when Jill said "Why did she do this?", I believe she was talking about the fact that Kelly called Bethy's fiancee over to meet them.

These women are boring. I can't believe they are still going on and on and on ad nauseum about what Bethy did to Jill, or was it something Jill did to Bethy? I've forgotten what it was. No one goes on and on over something that silly between 2 people. We didn't even go on that much in elementary school! I wouldn't want to be friends with any of them. Also, they bring this stupid stuff up at inappropiate times, like charity events. They just go up to someone and say "I don't think you should have said that about me", and get into a silly argument. I'm also tired of how every single time they see each other, how they tell them how great they look! I think I'm just tired of this show. I do think they are the silliest and most boring housewives out of all of the housewife shows.

gotta agree with most of what you said. Honestly do they not call each other and discuss these issues???
And all that huggy/kissy stuff everytime they see each other is a bit much.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:12 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,831,238 times
I think the Countess and Sonja are jealous that Kelly is younger.

Hate the kissy stuff. It's so fake.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:41 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,455,009 times
It just seems to me that the bulk of these women are standing behind a very thin piece of glass which is their facade to the outside world - the sort of projection of who they want to be seen as. Ramona is ready to shatter at any moment. It literally scares me to watch her - that hyped up pace, talking so fast to keep the illusion up. I'm somehow sorry for her because I agree with other posters that there is some sort of manic depression or bipolar disorder there. I am no medical expert, but this is a car crash waiting to happen.

With the Countess, projecting the illusion that she is some sort of well-born, upper-class royalty who so desperately wants to be seen with the right people at the right events. Has she fooled even herself into believing that her husband was not cheating on her when it has been clearly reported that he was a serial cheater in the press? And, if she is so to the manor-born, why is she looking to RENT rather than buy? The Hamptons are great - but not for year-round living for the lifestyle she wants to keep. That, my friends, is a LONG drive.

All that being said, however, the Countess is the one with the most believable speaking mannerisms of the society/wealthy crowd in NY. Jill, Ramona, the new woman - those accents are all working class Queens/outer-boroughs. They can spend all they want, but the accent is a dead give-away. With regards to Alex, who I agree with the rest of you, I like, there is something strained about the way she speaks - there is something forced about the way she pronounces some things. Like those old movies where women were taught that "the rain in Spain falls mainly in the plains".

To me, Sonja is going to bring this show down another few pegs. Look, it's totally just me, but I get horrified at watching Cougars in action. Especially ones that are playing to the cameras wanting to be as over the top and shocking as they can be. There is something horribly sad about it. Wathcing the other gals kiss up to the popular new girl in school is just uncomfortable.

I agree with the bulk of you, this is getting harder and harder to watch and I am actually looking forward to the NJ women making their season debuts. I really hate being so judgemental about people I don't know - so my apologies for coming off sounding like some sort of expert or therapist!

Old 04-24-2010, 09:49 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,657,917 times
Adderall would explain Duhmona's behavior! Bet she's an addict. I have a feeling that she's on happy pills too because she loses it so quickly when she talks about her family.

I haven't watched yet ... my tivo didn't catch it, so it's going to record tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV