Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2010, 09:59 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,737,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
and with that, you have been voted off the island. peace

LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 10:30 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,478,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'd rather hear Bensimone's reasons for marrying her in the first place.
I hear ya!

Young model with no brain in her head looking for a daddy-figure, so he took advantage? He's a slime bag.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:34 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,478,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Thankfully for the most part this forum is more about fun than obsessing about these people like they are the freaking Gosselins. Sup

And fwiw, with regards to the cast, can I just say I love love love Sonja? It suprises me that I like her so much but she is just awesome. Too bad she hasn't been on there from the beginning.
I love Kate.

DWTS was a bad move, but at least we all now know she'll embarrass herself to pay the bills for her kids before she fakes a "break in".

I wish Kate well.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:27 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,439,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Reading the BLOGS for the first time, I noticed that you can find out HINTS at the difference between the show and reality.

On the show, they woke up to a letter from Kelly saying she had to go home to be with her children.

But the blogs indicate it went down differently.

Ramona's blog says that she called Jill THE NIGHT BEFORE and asked Jill to meet Kelly at the airport in NYC. Ramona shared this because she was explaining how confused she was that Jill didn't tell her that she was planning to scare, uh I mean join, them the following day.
She knew Kelly was leaving but Kelly left late that night/early in the AM and left the note for Ramona. No one was surprised when Ramona brought the note. If you noticed, Ramona read the note and then they all just went on their way with what they were doing.

Quote:
Alex's blog says that KELLY WAS ASKED TO LEAVE and Ramona called Jill to meet Kelly at the airport. Jill didn't believe it was serious and Bethany grabbed the phone and told Jill it was serious and told Jill to meet Kelly at the airport.

SO KELLY WAS ASKED TO LEAVE THE VACATION. I wonder by whom. Did Ramona ask her to leave? Did the four of them ask her to leave? Did Bravo ask her to leave?
Kelly was probably asked to leave by Ramona or by the show's staff. Ramona called Jill because she knows Jill is Kelly's BFF this season. She asked her to meet her at the airport in NY --- that doesn't mean that Jill told her she was going to "surprise" them by showing up in St John's the next day when Jill's plans were to go to St Bart's.

I know these "reality" shows are somewhat scripted and they do takes and re-takes of certain scenes and cut/splice to no end, but don't look too much into it. The show is fun and entertaining. That's all it's meant to be.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:37 AM

3,490 posts, read 8,205,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
and with that, you have been voted off the island. peace
Lol, ok - no room for differing opinions here then?

I think Jill has been kind of a biyotch this whole season, but I think Alex has given her a run for her money. Alex wanted to get revenge on Jill for talking about her kids (even though it was the countess who brought it up) and she did. In the most public, unkind ways she could think of.
I think Jill and Alex are very much on a par when it comes to being mean girls. Jill does it more often and Alex does it in dramatic outbursts..... or by snivelling for effect when Jill showed up in the islands.

Actually I could understand the outbursts if she ever showed a twinge of remorse over them, but she seems proud of herself for 'standing up' to Jill. I think she could use some lessons in conflict resolution, becUse she wan't standing up, she was sinking down (and below) Jill's level.

At least Jill is starting to get that while she was upset with Bethany, she really didn't need to make it the all encompassing disaster that it was.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:42 AM

1,488 posts, read 2,605,865 times
^^sure you can post an opinion. i just couldn't resist

Old 05-31-2010, 07:42 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,042,677 times
Al Sharpton!!! Al Sharpton!!!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:56 AM

1,488 posts, read 2,605,865 times
i dont see alex as a mean girl at all. she's only had these incidents happen three times with jill. the first at the party where she "delivered a message", again at jen's party, then her snivelling on the island. give the girl a break, she was sick of jill's BS. for two seasons we've seen nothing "mean girl" like from alex, she goes off the deep end 3 times out of 3 seasons and all of a sudden she's "manipulative" LOL. right. lets not forget how she tried to talk to jill and luann in a more appropriate manner but they laughed her off, so later she got ugly about it. and I think alex should have got on the countess too. and as far as luann goes, i guess it was "classy" for luann to encourage jill to lie when bethenny asked was anyone else present during the speakerphone conversation; it was also "classy" for luann to stick around when the convo should have been private. she cuold have easily stepped into another room or the hall until the conversation ended. she was oh so classy enough to jump in the middle of b and j's fight and took sides! she exudes so much class that she told alex she shouldn't have delivered "the message" and to stay out of jill and b's argument (can someone say hypocrite?) and asked her "who made you God?" oh yeah, all of us ladies should aspire to be classy just. like. her. lol. i will give her credit for the last couple of episodes where she has finally seen the light on kelly and knows that bethenny and ramona's island story was true.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:56 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,436,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Al Sharpton!!! Al Sharpton!!!
:::Laughing, tears in my eyes::: CD won't let me rep you again...

Old 05-31-2010, 09:36 AM

3,490 posts, read 8,205,401 times
Teydev; why are you arguing with me about the countess when I already said that the ONLY housewife with any class is Sonja?

I disliked Alex last season because she and Simon were so far up their own behinds they couldn't see light.
I thought the way Alex handled carrying the message from Bethany to Jill was BEYOND mean and then she did it AGAIN. Then the manipulative snivelling on the island was a joke. She knew she could get another jab in at Jill and she took it. Classic mean girl and gang mentality. The only person who had cause to give Jill the brush off like that was Bethany.

Alex was my least favorite cast member last season, she seemed initially much better this season, but these 'episodes' she has are so off putting that I don't think much of her this season either.

Having said that at least Jill seems to have had a wake up call and is looking at her behavior. That's major progress IMHO. Alex should really do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV