Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 10:10 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,603,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
She filed for bankruptcy too (Sonja)
Oh maybe that's what I was thinking of. Still no good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 01:08 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I get the feeling that Simon and Alex think getting signed by IMG is going to turn into more than it will actually be.
Probably, but for some reason I hope it works out well for them. I'm not a big fan, but it seems to mean so much to her, I guess I can't help wanting people to get what they truly want.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:57 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Probably, but for some reason I hope it works out well for them. I'm not a big fan, but it seems to mean so much to her, I guess I can't help wanting people to get what they truly want.
I love to see people have their dreams fulfilled. But being a model is one of those things that it is difficult to work toward. Fortunately, Alex is tall and thin enough but her face is difficult to shoot unless at the right angle and she's too old.

Honestly, by looking at their website it is fairly clear that they are trying anything to capitalize on their 15 minutes of fame. I don't blame them, but unless Alex comes across as more likeable, I don't see that happening. She doesn't have that "it" factor where people relate to her or want to be like her. Anything can happen in reality tv, though.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:11 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
I love to see people have their dreams fulfilled. But being a model is one of those things that it is difficult to work toward. Fortunately, Alex is tall and thin enough but her face is difficult to shoot unless at the right angle and she's too old.

Honestly, by looking at their website it is fairly clear that they are trying anything to capitalize on their 15 minutes of fame. I don't blame them, but unless Alex comes across as more likeable, I don't see that happening. She doesn't have that "it" factor where people relate to her or want to be like her. Anything can happen in reality tv, though.
She won't get into Vogue, of course, but she will likely find some work, and get some decent spreads in regional smaller distribution type magazines with designers who have some money for promotion, and can use the publicity of someone on a TV show. She will never be a real model it will always be Alex the "Real Housewife," but there will be some paying jobs, just not big name wide distribution stuff. I have some experience with that type of thing in a past life. She won't get rich off it, but it'll be some money to add to whatever else she is doing, and probably some great pictures to have around and look back on. She does love fashion and has shown bravery, and made enough good choices that there will be designers who respect that, and of course want the publicity, so she doesn't necessarily need to be likable to everyone to book some decent jobs in smaller pubs.

Last edited by detshen; 04-25-2011 at 09:26 PM..

Old 04-26-2011, 01:04 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
I thought she foreclosed on her house last year though...? She's obviously not managing her money wisely.
I meant, if I had as much money as the Morgans, someone like Sonja wouldn't even be on my radar.

In fact, she wouldn't be on my radar now.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
She filed for bankruptcy too (Sonja)
The reason she had to file for bankruptcy was because she was suppose to produce a film with John Travolta's company, but backed out and got sued. The judgement was for $7M.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:38 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times
Did all of this happen to coincide with her DWI? If so, it all makes sense.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Did all of this happen to coincide with her DWI? If so, it all makes sense.
No. The DWI was last June. The lawsuit was long before that; so was her divorce. Production halted for the movie in 2006. And she filed for bankruptcy last November.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:05 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I meant, if I had as much money as the Morgans, someone like Sonja wouldn't even be on my radar.

In fact, she wouldn't be on my radar now.

LOL--for sure. Amazed at how much interest some have in her.....lots of knowledge about her and such. Boggles the mind. It's like--really--get a viable hobby

Old 04-26-2011, 02:48 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times
Quote:
No. The DWI was last June. The lawsuit was long before that; so was her divorce. Production halted for the movie in 2006. And she filed for bankruptcy last November.
IF the lawsuit was long before that, why did she file for bankruptcy just last November? Did it get appealed a number of times?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV