Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 03:18 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,755 times

Advertisements

I don't really care much for Alex - she's probably the one I'd recast, if I was producing the show. But she totally cracked me up when she wouldn't even say the word "class" but she and Simon have multiple clever ways to say the "other" C-word!

I'm totally fine with someone who can't say class and *can* say other things - but it was very very funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 04:35 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Oh and I have to say - I thought the way Ramona talked to Luanne about her parenting was pretty awful too.

I know people hold the Countess to a different standard because she's so arrogant, but somehow there seems to be more heat on Luanne than there is on Ramona and I think that's the part I don't get.

I think Ramona is just a genuinely unpleasant person all around. She's SO MEAN to people.... and somehow she gets away with it!

Old 07-19-2011, 07:42 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
They've been showing "marathons" this week of RH of NYC because the finale is Thursday. They were showing Season 1 (how adorable were Avery, Victoria, and Noel!!).

I saw one episode that I must have somehow missed --- the one where they all went to the 21 Club. OMG..... Francois was acting like an animal! Seriously! I know he was only 4 but come on! Didn't Alex and Simon see the way he was acting??? They did NOTHING to curtail his behavior. First, he was walking back and forth SCREECHING. Then, he went over by Bethenny and (the first) Jason. Jason had just taken the first bite out of his burger ($30 burger) and Francois decided it was okay to take his toy dinosaur (or whatever it was) and stab Jason's burger and bun over and over. Bethenny and Jason didn't say anything (I think they were shocked) and neither did Alex and Simon.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:05 PM

992 posts, read 2,373,229 times
I really think LuAnn is pretty, but her attitude makes her so ugly. I think for her age, she looks amazing.

Kelly really needs to drop the:
bouncing around
gummy bears
"kind of" pushing her bangs out of her face
lateness
the word weird.

I miss Bethenny.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:25 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
They've been showing "marathons" this week of RH of NYC because the finale is Thursday. They were showing Season 1 (how adorable were Avery, Victoria, and Noel!!).

I saw one episode that I must have somehow missed --- the one where they all went to the 21 Club. OMG..... Francois was acting like an animal! Seriously! I know he was only 4 but come on! Didn't Alex and Simon see the way he was acting??? They did NOTHING to curtail his behavior. First, he was walking back and forth SCREECHING. Then, he went over by Bethenny and (the first) Jason. Jason had just taken the first bite out of his burger ($30 burger) and Francois decided it was okay to take his toy dinosaur (or whatever it was) and stab Jason's burger and bun over and over. Bethenny and Jason didn't say anything (I think they were shocked) and neither did Alex and Simon.
I too have caught some of the earlier seasons recently. Even though I had seen them it's been nice watching the old seasons.
Simon and Alex think that kid is a genius,I think he's autistic on some level.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:26 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
I really think LuAnn is pretty, but her attitude makes her so ugly. I think for her age, she looks amazing.

Kelly really needs to drop the:
bouncing around
gummy bears
"kind of" pushing her bangs out of her face
lateness
the word weird.

I miss Bethenny.

Kelly and Cindy add nothing-zilch to this show. I wish they would replace both of them.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:59 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I wondered that as well but then realized that many families back then --- even if they have money ---- wouldn't "waste" money on braces. Look at some older pics of Tom Cruise --- his teeth were a total disaster: bunched up and uneven. Donald Trump, too. Until recent years, he had pretty bad teeth (now, they're beautiful but back in the 80s and even 90s? yikes)

In today's world, it's practically child abuse if you aren't slapping braces and palate extenders on your kid by the time they're 8.
I had braces in the 70s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
She may have! Lots of kids I knew who had braces, would "forgot" to wear their retainer. And if their parents weren't watching them like a hawk, their teeth went back to crooked!
I "forgot" to wear my retainer about 90 percent of the time. Maybe more. I guess I got lucky. They also pulled four teeth so I suspect my teeth weren't going to move, anyway. Oh, how I wish I had those teeth now. The more the merrier, the older you get.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:53 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I had braces in the 70s.

I "forgot" to wear my retainer about 90 percent of the time. Maybe more. I guess I got lucky. They also pulled four teeth so I suspect my teeth weren't going to move, anyway. Oh, how I wish I had those teeth now. The more the merrier, the older you get.
I almost had braces, and we were only lower middle class at the time, in the seventies teeth were pretty darn important, lots of friends had braces. After a less greedy second opinion, I ended up having one pulled, and it all worked out nicely. I hear you about wanting teeth back as you get older, I lost one more a few years ago due to failed dentistry.

I don't find Alex's teeth that bad, I've never really noticed them.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:01 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,244,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
She may have! Lots of kids I knew who had braces, would "forgot" to wear their retainer. And if their parents weren't watching them like a hawk, their teeth went back to crooked!
That's me. I had the braces but hated the retainer and often forgot to wear it. So now I have a slight gap once again.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:55 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,631,148 times
Sneak peek at the reunion

Real Housewives of New York Reunion - Cindy Barshop, Sonja Morgan Fight : People.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV