Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2011, 08:25 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,239,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sorry...that whole 'deformity' thing was completely thrown out of proportion. And Jill called way more attention to it and made it a lot worse. It was a poor choice of words, but it's clear no harm was meant. I think that if I were Jill's stepdaughter, I'd be more embarrassed that Jill kept calling attention to the situation. That woman keeps saying, "You can't have zero tolerance!" but she can't let one little mistake go if it's made by someone else.
But that's Ramona's schtick: I didn't MEAN anything by it, I just tell the truth. Poor choice of words and all.

And sorry: coming from someone who HAS a birthmark, and has had to deal with crap from morons since I was a kid (and the thing is on my shin, not my face and maybe 2 inches by .5 inches...) I too have zero tolerance for Ramona when it comes to THAT particular situation and her "poor choice" of words. She runs 4/5 businesses and can't find a better word? Why say anything at all? Or call it what it is: a BIRTHMARK.

I'm not Jill's step daughter, but I wanted to reach through the TV and smack Ramona in the face when she said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 08:39 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,257,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
I'm not Jill's step daughter, but I wanted to reach through the TV and smack Ramona in the face when she said that.
That's your prerogative, but if you're going to get that bent out of shape over what some drunk person accidentally misspeaks, you got a long, difficult life ahead of you.

My point is that she didn't mean to be mean.

And Jill is the last person who should complain about what other people do and say when she is always saying that other people should forgive her for just being her.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
You misunderstood what Alex was saying. She said she went to the Hamptons Film Festival where she viewed movies SHE was in and (obviously) to mingle with producers/directors.
OMG omigawd! You are SO right!

I officially recant anything I have said about Alex going to the Hamptons to read scripts. I can't imagine where I got that from?

Quote:
You misunderstood again. I never said that "Long Island is all trash". I said Cindy is Long Island Trash --- typical Long Island Trash to put it better. No, she never did anything to me personally but I don't like her or her attitude or her mannerisms or her freakish brother or anything else about her. To put it in a Kellyism "she's WEIRD".
Ah, it's hard to interpret the meaning behind the written word on boards. Thanks for clarifying.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:23 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,121,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
LuAnn is only worth $2 million - whoa, I hope she's getting some hefty child support. When that's over if she can't make it with her 'singing career' or marry some money she is going to have to high-tail it out of Manhattan.

Imagine her getting a 'real job' and asking to be called 'the countess'!

Wow she is down and out. Not joking, we have more cash than her. She will have to trade in that title for a husband to support her soon.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:32 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,121,117 times
So because Alex can't verbally spar with a bunch of nasty old douche bags she deserves to be attacked? This isn't lord of the flies and they should treat others with respect. They have no scruples or manners. N I find your post offensive. Alex is annoying and dramatic but she is genuine in her opinions and feelings. Jill is just kuntie and Kelly is desperate to throw the "crazy" attention to anyone but herself. She is the true wacko. I can't believe as an adult that we would accept a group of women pouncing on and verbally insulting and demeaning another woman because she is weaker and an easy target. Real women don't pick fights with someone who is weak, that is the chicken shyt thing to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
She asked for it. And she is "weaker". She can't hold her own on the fly - ever. When Sonja kicked Alex out of her house...Alex didn't control one part of that kick out session. Not one. Kelly even got the best of her in Morocco - and it's not b/c Alex was so flustered by what Kelly was saying (or not making sense by saying) it was because Alex needs to rehearse if Simon isn't going to be right there backing her co-dependant self up and helping Alex get a thought together.

Those two can hold their own. They know who they are, or at least they keep saying they do, Alex doesn't. Not without Simon to catch her arse or speak for her.

Well, a birthmark is NOT a deformity. By any means. If Jills step-daughter had down syndrome , would Ramona be able to call her a retard, b/c "oh well, she said "retard" instead of down syndrome". An effing B is an effing B. No need to apologize for that - whether it's true or subjective.

But, here's the thing. That's the way it is in the world of modeling. Watch America's Next Top Model. They're wonderful when pointing out every single flaw a "wannabe" model has. Overweight? Go plus size or lose weight. Get your fangs fixed...get yourself to a dermatologist with your nasty skin. Lu Ann spoke the truth, you don't need to like it, it's just the truth. The girl could have gone to a modeling agency and be told "you're too fat, come back when you lose 30 pounds".

Just like someone should tell Lu Ann she CAN'T SING. Why string her along?

Last edited by Taboo2; 08-03-2011 at 10:50 PM..

Old 08-03-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Alex is not weak. To say she asked for it is a bully mentality... The weak ones are the bullies.
Alex asked for all she got. And then some.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:56 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,392,348 times
If I HAD to pick one to be friends with, it would be Alex. Until she quietly endured their utter disrespect for two seasons, she was the only one who never once attacked anyone.

She is the least naturally back-stabbing person on the show and if you treat her decently, she is loyal.

All the objections to her mannerisms, clothes, career, marriage and whatnot are minor. What counts is the persons' heart and she has a better one.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
If I HAD to pick one to be friends with, it would be Alex. Until she quietly endured their utter disrespect for two seasons, she was the only one who never once attacked anyone.

She is the least naturally back-stabbing person on the show and if you treat her decently, she is loyal.

All the objections to her mannerisms, clothes, career, marriage and whatnot are minor. What counts is the persons' heart and she has a better one.
I pick Alex, too...but mostly because she honestly seems heads and tails smarter than all the rest of the women. They're just...really...dumb.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:03 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,392,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I pick Alex, too...but mostly because she honestly seems heads and tails smarter than all the rest of the women. They're just...really...dumb.
Agreed. Alex isn't the type of person to pick apart a friend for sport.

The others are ready to compete in the "Mean & Vapid Olympics".

Old 08-03-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Agreed. Alex isn't the type of person to pick apart a friend for sport.

The others are ready to compete in the "Mean & Vapid Olympics".
I imagine I could talk about science and art and culture and history with Alex.

I imagine the other ladies as the kind of people who can't get your and you're correct when they text you.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV