Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2011, 11:16 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
What are some people expecting those who watch to do-----comment on the clothes,shoes,make-up but not focus on the drama these shows present??
The people on the shows are mostly deluded and think they are awesome and are completely taken aback and bewildered when the rest of the world doesn't agree that they're as awesome as they think they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 01:02 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
Did the Countless renew her wedding vows? I didn't think she married French David Schwimmer.

David Schwimmer & Zoe Buckman Renew Wedding Vows In London - Yahoo! TV

Oh my bad, it really is David Schwimmer

Old 09-08-2011, 02:45 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
Any news on a new season of RH of NYC? I only watch this one and BH and I'm hoping they don't cancel it or get a whole new crew. That "most eligible dallas" or whatever it's called is ridiculous. Watched about 3 minutes of it (by mistake) and changed the channel.

Soooo.... until some news on my NYC housewives, my only Bravo shows will be RH of BH and Flipping Out

Old 09-16-2011, 03:07 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Default guess who isn't coming back--"allegedly"??!!

Layoffs Hit Real Housewives of New York City -- Vulture

Is Bravo cleaning house on 'Real Housewives of New York City'? - latimes.com

just gotta say....I bet Jill is fit to be tied crazy mad!!!
KooKooKelly....bye bye loony tunes......

Old 09-16-2011, 05:25 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
Hi Pippy!

Yes, they mentioned this in the NY Post on Page Six a couple of months ago (I had posted it here).

I honestly don't think the show will be the same without this group. The Post article said Bravo wanted to replace them with truly wealthy NYC housewives ---- if that's the case, why are they keeping Luann???

Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:50 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,631,148 times
I could possibly see Alex and Simon getting thier own show. I bet they're glad to be out of the drama.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:57 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,087,284 times
You know Jill is p.o.'ed Bobbbbiiiiieee can I get unemployment

Kelly probably thinks she is getting her own political debate show. It will be called "Dishing Politics with Al Sharpton".

And yes, Alex is just happy to get away from the other beeatches

Old 09-16-2011, 07:04 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
It's not even fun "drama" to watch... It's pathetic!

Good Riddance To Kelly - I hope she find a brain somewhere - in the subways of NY..

Jill - Use to like her - she turned into nothing but a Hag.

I like Alex and Simon. And Like previously stated, I can see them getting their own show...

Old 09-16-2011, 07:13 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,631,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Good Riddance To Kelly - I hope she find a brain somewhere - in the subways of NY.
Nah, scary island maybe.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:35 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,755 times
Sonja has confirmed it... Sonja Morgan Confirms NYC Housewives Jill, Kelly, Alex and Cindy Were Fired - omg! news on Yahoo!

Quote:
"I really haven't had time to digest it properly," Morgan, 47 said. "My voicemail was filled up today...At first, I just thought it was the usual rumors."

Morgan then spoke with her producer who gave her the bittersweet news -- she's still in, but Zarin, 47, Bensimon, 43, McCord, 37 and Barshop are definitely out. "I've been invited back. I found out today last minute."
The two biggest rumors over the last few months were that they were either replacing the entire cast with new housewives that had more money - OR - that just Alex and Cindy were being let go, and everyone else would stay. Guess they decided to go with something in between those two extremes!

According to a poll on Andy's show, Jill was the second most-liked housewife, after Sonja - so she was popular. But Jill's life is stable - she's happily married - so how much more story is there left to tell about Jill?

Luanne is in a new relationship, Ramona is in a *maybe* rocky relationship, and Sonja is rebuilding after divorce and bankruptcy - so there's actually more story to tell about the three of them, than about Jill, at this point. And Kelly wasn't allowing them as much access as she had in the past - she virtually didn't have a story line last season. And Alex and Cindy are definitely played out.

So I get why the producers chose to keep the three they did, and why they let the other four go. But I will miss Jill!

Hope they find some interesting women for next year! I would really like to see them try again to get someone who is super focussed on business again - they had it with Bethenny, and while Cindy wasn't the big hit they hoped she'd be, I still would like to see them try to fill that role again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV