Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 10:58 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
No, it's not "damaged" and "crazy". I had a similar upbringing to Bethenny with parents who were not "present" in my life. I basically raised myself and was on my own completely by the time I was 16.
I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Bethenny didn't.

What you aren't understanding is that Bethenny's "raised by wolves" and her making sure everyone knows how "damaged" and "unlovable" she is DUE to it (while others go on after much worse and much less $$$$ while NOT sending them to the good schools and providing her running around the Hamptons and NYC with the Hiltons and the Richards sisters) is the beyotch's schtick. NOT a reality.

So why did Bethenny trash Jason's hometown? I'll tell you why: during college I dated someone who grew up in Hazleton. And yes, he knows "Haw-ppy".

Hazleton was NOTHING like the town I grew up in/ came from. But if you have any respect for the person you are dating/married to/have a baby with....AT ALL...you learn to love it because they do. Bethenny wasn't against or scared of or didn't know how to deal with the "closeness"... she was, from day one, ABOVE Hazleton. I will tell you that it's a big change from anyone who grew up differently but you don't trash talk the town your husband grew up in on national tv. You eat that hot dog and LOVE it. You go to the ONLY movie theater in the "city" and deal with everyone running up to see their "buddy". You go to the dairy queen and hang out. You go to Knoebels and have a great day.

Bethenny was too good for any of it.

It wasn't about her and how she grew up, it was about what a ***** she is. She has no problem taking her kid anywhere in NYC, as long as she can get her pic taken and buy a $2000K bag. But get to know her husbands side? She couldn't be bothered.

Quote:
I dislike being around a lot of people, I dislike the "family gatherings", I dislike the questions "where are your parents?" Both deceased. "oh, I'm sorry. When?" When I was a child. "Awww... do you have brothers and sisters?" No. "Oh, that must have been so difficult for you". No, it was a freaking party. ---- All the while wanting to scream NONE OF YOUR FACKING BUSINESS!!
Which has nothing to do with Bethenny and her issues.

Quote:
Yes, I'll go to some parties.... I'll hang out with people.... I just dislike all the "closeness" and "intrusiveness" of the "family gatherings". And Jason's parents were unreal.... so freaking FAKE...." Oh, whatever you want to do Jason"..... "Oh, we don't want to tell you what to do"..... "Whatever you think is best"..... all phony bullsheet.
That's where you are more than wrong.

Jason's parents aren't fake. Neither is Jason. That's how things work in families
that are close. Hard to believe when you aren't used to it, or never had it, but to crap all over it and call it fake? That comes from insecurity and resentment. I understand that completely. TRUST me.

Bethenny feels way too sorry for herself. Well, too late you jerk-off you. You had a kid and she needs to know her other side. Not just the "no parents, just nannies and assistants and make-up artists" who fill Bethenny's very f-ed up world.

Bethenny's mother coined her. She said exactly who her daughter was and what she would do to Jason.

It all came true.

She's one messed up nut job.

Last edited by Informed Info; 09-22-2013 at 11:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 11:09 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Bethenny didn't.

What you aren't understanding is that Bethenny's "raised by wolves" and her making sure everyone knows how "damaged" she is by it (while others go on after much worse and much less $$$$ while NOT sending them to the good schools and providing her running around the Hamptons and NYC with the Hiltons and the Richards sisters) is the beyotch's schtick. NOT a reality.

So why did Bethenny trash Jason's hometown? I'll tell you why (during college I dated someone who grew up in Hazleton - met "Hoppy" a time or two, he's a few years younger. I didn't come from anything LIKE Hazleton, but you learn to love where your loved one came from. If you have any respect for him at ALL. ), she wasn't against or scared of or didn't know how to deal with the "closeness"... she was ABOVE Hazleton. I will tell you that it's a big change from anyone who grew up differently than the 40-somethings from Hazleton did, but if you love the person you are with and who grew up there....you don't trash talk the entire town on national tv. You eat that hot dog and LOVE it. You go to the ONLY movie theater in the "city" and deal with everyone running up to see their "buddy". You go to the dairy queen and hang out.

Bethenny was too good for any of it.

It wasn't about her and how she grew up, it was about what a ***** she is. She has no problem taking her kid anywhere in NYC, as long as she can get her pic taken and buy a $2000K bag. But get to know her husbands side? She couldn't be bothered.

Which has nothing to do with Bethenny and her issues.

That's where you are more than wrong.

Jason's parents aren't fake. Neither is Jason. That's how things work in families
that are close. Hard to believe when you aren't used to it, or never had it, but to crap all over it and call it fake? That comes from insecurity and resentment.

You don't have to like it. Apparently it's just as hard for you to believe as it is for Bethenny b/c you didn't have it. Doesn't make it untrue or full of sheet. I understand it's hard to believe b/c you haven't experienced it, but it doesn't mean it's not true.

Bethenny couldn't handle it because it made her feel sorry for herself. Well, too late you jerk-off you. You had a kid and she needs to know her other side. Not just the "no parents, just nannies and assistants and make-up artists" who fill Bethenny's very f-ed up world.

Bethenny's mother coined her. She said exactly who her daughter was and what she would do to Jason.

wow--best post I have read on CD in a long while.
You pretty much summed up the entire situation and you spoke the truth.

How long has Bethenny been in therapy boohoo'ing about her priviledged childhood?
Some people are just nuts,wacko,screws loose and no amount of therapy will help. It for sure won't help if you think you know better than your therapist and what the therapist says doesn't sink in.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:44 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
at this point, it's good business for Bethenny to keep on ramping up how screwed up her upbringing was and to bring her screwed up childhood into every facet of her reasoning behind the fact that she has is not capable of having healthy friendships.

Love this ...

Does Bethenny Frankel’s True Hollywood Story prove she lies? | Jewish Journal

Old 09-23-2013, 10:23 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
No, it's not "damaged" and "crazy". I had a similar upbringing to Bethenny with parents who were not "present" in my life. I basically raised myself and was on my own completely by the time I was 16.

I dislike being around a lot of people, I dislike the "family gatherings", I dislike the questions "where are your parents?" Both deceased. "oh, I'm sorry. When?" When I was a child. "Awww... do you have brothers and sisters?" No. "Oh, that must have been so difficult for you". No, it was a freaking party. ---- All the while wanting to scream NONE OF YOUR FACKING BUSINESS!!

Yes, I'll go to some parties.... I'll hang out with people.... I just dislike all the "closeness" and "intrusiveness" of the "family gatherings". And Jason's parents were unreal.... so freaking FAKE...." Oh, whatever you want to do Jason"..... "Oh, we don't want to tell you what to do"..... "Whatever you think is best"..... all phony bullsheet.
Yes.

All of this sounds extremely normal and well-adjusted.

Nice families aren't fake. They are just nice, loving families. Jason had a nice family.

My wife and son and I hang out with my parents several times a week. You probably think that's psychotic or something.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:33 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,353,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Carole Radziwill just posted pix of RHONY season 6's wrap party. Looked they were all having a wonderful time, with Ramona in the middle of the action.

Bethenny's show is doing well and getting lots of press.

Somewhere, Jill is in a fetal position, rocking......
Yeah, I see Jill in a fetal position, but it's Ms. Kelly Bensimon ("I'm up here, you're down there") who I'd really love to see sucking her thumb and rocking in a fetal position. Guess her "lollipops and unicorns" didn't get her much of anywhere. You can only trade on your previous marriage to a celeb for so long. I'm not a fan of Bethenny, but she has done so much better than either Jill or Kelly. Living well is, indeed, the best revenge.
Unfortunately, I feel bad for ALL of their children. Poor things, being raised by fame whores.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:58 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes.

All of this sounds extremely normal and well-adjusted.

Nice families aren't fake. They are just nice, loving families. Jason had a nice family.

My wife and son and I hang out with my parents several times a week. You probably think that's psychotic or something.

No one said seeing your parents several times a week is psychotic. No one said travelling 5 or 6 hours each way to visit your parents every other weekend is psychotic. No one said "nice families are fake".

What I said was that Jason's parents came off very phony. "Yes, whatever YOU want to do" "It's up to YOU" "YOU know what's the best"..... Please. Do they not have opinions of their own??? Nobody just nods and agrees to everything or doesn't give ANY input at all. They just came off as TRYING TO APPEAR SWEET AS SYRUP and, to me, that's very phony.

All that family gathering stuff just isn't for me. Apparently it isn't for Bethenny either. Why do you have such a problem with that and call people "damaged" or "crazy" because of it????

Old 09-24-2013, 06:48 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
What I said was that Jason's parents came off very phony. "Yes, whatever YOU want to do" "It's up to YOU" "YOU know what's the best"..... Please. Do they not have opinions of their own??? Nobody just nods and agrees to everything or doesn't give ANY input at all. They just came off as TRYING TO APPEAR SWEET AS SYRUP and, to me, that's very phony.

All that family gathering stuff just isn't for me. Apparently it isn't for Bethenny either. Why do you have such a problem with that and call people "damaged" or "crazy" because of it????
I don't have any issue with your not liking family gathering stuff.
Ranting and raving and swearing at people who ask you about it is the part I'm talking about.
Calling questions of concern "intrusive."

Bethenny calls herself damaged. She owns it. And she is damaged.

You can have opinions, but you don't have to express them all the time. Especially when you are new to someone and you are trying to keep the peace. With all family relationships (like most relationships), you have to ask yourself...is this the hill I want to die on? Biting your tongue on matters that aren't that important is not "being fake." It's knowing your boundaries and getting along.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:11 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,069 times
Quote:
And them wanting to still wipe Jason's asss does not give them license to force someone to family gatherings at their home ---- especially someone who just had a baby and it's a 5 or 6 hour drive EACH WAY.

Never saw Jason's parents ever act fake. As far as themkisding his ass or wiping his ass... there was not one episode that Jason's parents acyed like this toward their adult son.

Most people would be fine including Jason's family and Brynn's only grandparents to share thanksgiving.

Bethenny didn't want to drive there .. nor did she want to extend an invitation.

The only tameness was seen in bethennys interactions.

As far as ass kissing... bethenny wanted her ass to be kissed.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:14 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,069 times
Jason's parents bit their tongue..... they clearly saw that this bethenny was a dominant control freak. She has admitted to being a control freak and damaged....hence the demise of her marriage....shes a hitch.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:15 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Never saw Jason's parents ever act fake. As far as themkisding his ass or wiping his ass... there was not one episode that Jason's parents acyed like this toward their adult son.

Most people would be fine including Jason's family and Brynn's only grandparents to share thanksgiving.

Bethenny didn't want to drive there .. nor did she want to extend an invitation.

The only tameness was seen in bethennys interactions.

As far as ass kissing... bethenny wanted her ass to be kissed.
And that's all she wants. Her ass kissed while she makes a fool out of herself and her husband and her marriage. And her parents. Raised by wolves? When did she start fending for herself? Around 35?

Her snarkiness was cute, for a second. Then it got repetitive and forced and old.

She bitched about the lack of teeth in a Hazleton bar? Who peed in in a garbage can (or whatever) while wearing a wedding dress that cost how much and ON tv? Who was knocked up before married? She's no better than that entire town she trashed and while she was trashing it.

She didn't want to be married, she wanted a kid and a spin-off.

If she wanted to be married and have what she said she always wanted, she would have left the cameras on the street and focused on her husband, her baby and "her" family- that she "always wanted".

Unfortunately for Jason #2 and Bryn, she got it.

Then she didn't know what to do with it. So she turned it all on Jason #2. He was at fault for her being the narcissistic first class clown beyotch she is.

She thought she could rip him apart in front of the cameras, and he stood up to her. Her fans didn't like that. So her fans make Jason the jerk, while he's dealing with a person who needs to be medicated 24/7. Even put up and away in a psych ward. So yes, he comes out being the jerk & his loving parents get blamed for doing nothing other than any other normal parents do.... while the wench is somehow forgiven for her part in all of it b/c : she didn't have parents who loved her. She had Boca ******* poking her eyes out from the day she was born. And she can't get over it by her late 30's? A failed marriage and a Jason #1 who told her where to go with her "poor me" BS?

It's a good thing Jason #1 didn't pan out. She would have had built-in kids. The suffering they would have had to go through to be her step children......

Now poor Bryn has her as a bio-mother. The suffering that poor child is going to have to go through because Bethenny has admitted how broken and lost and untrusting she is?

Give Jason sole custody. Bethenny can visit in between talk show tapings and running around Hollyweird, getting her hair done, walking a red carpet.

At least he has a solid foundation that isn't full of flighty crap and would be chock full of babysitters and nanny's.

Hazleton ain't NYC or LA, and that's a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV