U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-15-2009, 02:45 PM

3,710 posts, read 3,319,604 times
Wow, I nearly had a headache myself after watching last night.

Ok, I first gotta say, I love Bethenny and that's probably because I can relate so closely to her. I don't see her as being terribly insecure, just very real, human and vulnarable. Last season, she was in love with a guy she thought was "the one" and was planning on moving in with him. This season that is over and I'm sure her hopes of having a family (at age 38) is very uncertain and I think she's trying to move on but make peace with the fact that a relationship ended. I've completely been there. I was in a very long-term relationship with a guy I hoped to marry and for a LONG time, I was messed up and wondering if I'd ever have love again. I think she's just trying trying to figure out if she can still have the life she wanted (family) and if not, be ok with that. I can say if I were her age, childless and single, I'd be going through the same thing since having a family is so important to me.

I also felt a bit sorry for Kelly a few times (though I do NOT like her) cause she just didn't seem to be able to hold her own in any of those conversations. She was just completely overwhelmed but I was thrilled that Ramona called her out on not making sense. I'd be surprised if she shows up for another season cause she clearly doesn't have the balls for these gals.

Alex and Luann were great to me. Always articulate and I think graceful and I like the Luann could admit to some of her faults as well.

Ramona is just a mean-spirited person. When she feels attacked, which is most of the time, she always lashes out. She'll always problems.

Whew!!! What a reunion. Can't wait for the next season to start! That was damned entertaining.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-16-2009, 08:15 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,116,908 times
I really don't know if I'll watch this next season (if there is one). The reunion was hard to watch, there was so much negativity and I don't care if I never see Kelly or Ramona again.

I would almost like to see a spinoff show based on Simon .

Unread 05-16-2009, 09:01 AM

6,175 posts, read 5,244,172 times
I actually enjoyed the reunion show. It's what keeps me watching. All the bitchy woman fighting and arguing..Why else are most watching this show for?

Ramona does have crazy eyes.

What can I say about Kelly? She needs to buy a clue...

I actually like Simon - I don't know why, maybe because he's so goofy in a funny way..

Unread 05-16-2009, 03:07 PM

17,385 posts, read 22,558,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I actually enjoyed the reunion show. It's what keeps me watching. All the bitchy woman fighting and arguing..Why else are most watching this show for?

Ramona does have crazy eyes.

What can I say about Kelly? She needs to buy a clue...

I actually like Simon - I don't know why, maybe because he's so goofy in a funny way..
Yes, Duhmona does have crazy eyes, but IAMSTILLANDALWAYSWILLBETHECOUNTESSDAMMIT (deep breath) fake vapors when Duhmona jumped all over her about that comment was dumb on her part. The Countess was still burning over the Cancer Society flub, so rather than take the high road, which would be the classy thing to do, she stooped to Duhmona's level and that gave Duhmona a level playing field.

Ginger Nip gets rattled and defensive about he and Fangface's lifestyle .. he's insecure, unlike Fangface who is firmly committed that they are the best people on earth.

Unread 05-16-2009, 09:17 PM
LML

7,035 posts, read 4,819,492 times
Last season I thought that Simon and Alex were just strange. However, after watching this season I have decided that, while they are certainly unconventional, they have the most solid, loving relationship with each other and with their children of any of the people on this show.

Unread 05-16-2009, 10:25 PM

16,189 posts, read 9,713,735 times
I saw the second part of the reunion show tonight, it was fun. Nothing like an hour of cat fights to life the spirits!

Unread 05-17-2009, 10:55 AM

2,263 posts, read 3,361,910 times
I feel bad for not liking Alex. She truly showed the most class of all the ladies during the reunion. She really held her own and kept her mouth shut...sometimes the strongest statements are made when we don't talk.

I had to laugh at the whole mockery thing that Ramona did when Bethenny got up to fix her dress. That was pretty entertaining. I'm also glad that they called Ramona out on her random dancing at that party. That was probably one of the funniest things we've seen on any Housewives series.

I have always felt indifferently toward Kelly, but I did feel bad for her. She took it from EVERYbody...and like y'all said, she really couldn't hold her own.

I like the arguing and drama, so I was quite pleased by this reunion!

Unread 05-17-2009, 12:14 PM

17,385 posts, read 22,558,295 times
I think that Kelly is the most insecure "wife" on the show. I thought it was Bethandthecity, but Kelly is so quick to brush things off with "so what?" "why do you care"? Those are argument enders when you have nothing to say. I'm sure she regrets everything about being on that show, other than the paycheck.

Alex is creepy. I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think there's a real bone in her body. I think the only time I've seen her be real is when she was telling Bethandthecity about how she and Simon met on a bootycall. Other than that, it seems like she's always in "perform" mode. And also, she really needs a wakeup call on those 2 rat kids of hers. See how she just refuses to listen when it comes to her kids? I know we are all the big defenders of our children, but if I had 5 women telling me the same story, I'd at the very least APOLOGIZE for their behavior .. she didn't even do that ... she made excuses instead, they were tired (then you shouldn't have brought them), they were excited (teach them to act right in public).

Unread 05-23-2009, 05:39 AM

25,973 posts, read 19,061,201 times
Kelly...look, speaking as a medical professional, I have to say...unless there is some really odd editing going on, that girl is crazy. Whacko nuts. For real. Either that or on drugs, but I tend to favor the psych diagnosis.

Alex and Simon are the only real people on the show...maybe Jill, too.

Unread 05-23-2009, 09:14 AM

6,271 posts, read 11,318,099 times
saw previews that they are adding another portion of the re-union show-this week I think-with extra footage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV