Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 01:51 PM

23,461 posts, read 44,083,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
The only one I know I like is Ina Garten. I gave up cable several years ago, partly because of the pile of crapulence Food Network morphed into. I watch create tv now for my cooking shows: Martha Stewart, ATK (with and without Chris Kimball), Jacques Pepin, and Cooking with Julia are my favorites. I wish Ina would move to create tv.

Martha Bakes is currently re-running its seventh season: Martha Bakes: Episode Descriptions | PBS Food

Martha Stewart's Cooking School is supposed to start its fifth season this month, but it has yet to appear where I live. Has anyone seen it yet?

Martha Stewart's Cooking School | Cooking Shows | PBS Food
I do love CreateTV. Surprised how many of my friends aren't aware of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 01:56 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,869,473 times
Does Anthony Bourdain count (he doesnt know it, but he's def a diva, lol)...
but then again he's probably not on Food Network unless someones interviewing him, he has a new cookbook out I think....

Old 04-24-2017, 02:05 PM

23,461 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
Does Anthony Bourdain count (he doesnt know it, but he's def a diva, lol)...
but then again he's probably not on Food Network unless someones interviewing him, he has a new cookbook out I think....
Sure! Relaxing the boundaries is making the thread more interesting. I love Anthony too, and I miss his series The Layover. He really did justice to my hometown of Atlanta when he was here.

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/t...isodes/atlanta

Old 04-24-2017, 05:19 PM

137 posts, read 79,942 times
Inas life story is interesting , worked at the White House as a government aide writing papers on the nuclear energy budget , also had her pilots license , then turned to cooking later on in life , I think she was a teenager when they got married .

Old 04-25-2017, 05:21 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior 7 View Post
Inas life story is interesting , worked at the White House as a government aide writing papers on the nuclear energy budget , also had her pilots license , then turned to cooking later on in life , I think she was a teenager when they got married .
Also her husband lives and works in CT Monday thru Friday, and they have no kids, so she needed something to do, at home in NY.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:37 PM

356 posts, read 281,632 times
I like Ree Drummond and Trisha Yearwood because they both cook "normal" easy to prepare dishes that us masses would make. I like Ina only because she has this "zen" quality about her. I doubt I would ever make anything she does, but I just like hearing her talk in that slow, smooth cadence.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:25 AM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Watched Rachael Ray today for the first time....changed the channel when she stood there scratching her stomach...just had to share LOL

Old 03-05-2018, 11:44 AM

6,149 posts, read 4,514,052 times
Alton Brown, who could spend half an hour giving instructions on how to make a cup of coffee, but make it interesting enough to watch.
Tyler Florence, who is one of the only people on the network whose recipes I use regularly.
Anne Burrell, for being herself, unapologetically.

I HATE with a burning passion Guy Fieri, who doesn't bother to cook, just drives around feeding his fat face - and he'll eat anything, Zimmerman and Bourdain have nothing on him. They're closing his restaurant in Times Square because the reviews are so universally horrible.

Old 03-06-2018, 02:38 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,265 times
I am not sure about the word "diva" but I like:
Alton Brown,
Ann Burrell,
Michael Symon
Honorable mention: Alex Guarnaschelli

As for people I dislike:
Giada,
Bobby Flay,
Guy Fieri,
Duff Goldman

As far as food network star winners, I really liked Justin Warner and am sad that he has not done much. I wish they would stop making that show, though, because none of them have had much success except for the worst one (Guy Fieri). I think my favorite rotating show they have on that 9PM on Sundays timeslot was the Great Food Truck Race with Tyler Florence. I'd rather see that twice than Food Network Star considering none of them get a show. I think the last one was Eddie Jackson and it was not a very good show.

Old 03-06-2018, 03:02 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,176 times
I use to watch Gen's Guiltless Gourmet, really liked everything she made. She had great receipes, they were all healthy ingredients. I liked her because she's mellow and explained the receipes well. She is really talented and wish the show was still on.

The only cooking show I watch now is Anna and Kristina - they will make receipe's from a chef's cookbook then have the chef on the show to try everything they made. What I like about the show is that they are funny without trying to be funny. They tackle some tough receipe's.

Really don't care for all they hype and drama with so many cooking shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV