Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2018, 11:23 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Other than Roseanne Barr, does anyone on Earth actually want this?

Never could stand her or those mouthy kids! John Goodman was the only decent actor on her crappy show,as his continued success has proven, while she "tanked"!
Oh and I did love Laurie Metcalf as Sheldon's mom on Big Bang Theory, before it started to suck, but I didn't care for her on Roseanne, either.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:03 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Never could stand her or those mouthy kids! John Goodman was the only decent actor on her crappy show,as his continued success has proven, while she "tanked"!
Oh and I did love Laurie Metcalf as Sheldon's mom on Big Bang Theory, before it started to suck, but I didn't care for her on Roseanne, either.
How exactly did Roseanne tank? She's a comedian, not an actress!

Old 04-14-2018, 06:57 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I always thought the opposite. The way Lecy always called Roseanne "Mother".. Is that a common midwest thing? The Lecy-Becky always seemed overly snobbish which didn't fit the family at all. Sarah-Becky seemed more.. In line

My opinion only, of course.
No, "mother" is not a common Midwest thing.

I don't think Lecy-Becky seemed snobbish. Just seemed like a teenager who was embarrassed by her family, like most teenagers!

Old 04-14-2018, 06:58 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
I loved Roseanne then, and love her now. I like Laurie Metcalf in everything I have seen her in too.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:24 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,233,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Other than Roseanne Barr, does anyone on Earth actually want this?
#1 rated sitcom.

Someone wanted it.

Attached Thumbnails
"Roseanne"-bbt.jpg  

Old 04-15-2018, 12:03 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
I believe it began as highly-rated since many viewers have had an attachment to the old show, so there were expectations, nostalgically. I'm a fan of the original show, especially after they were more seasoned mid-way through the 9 years, when there were some great moments.

I have been disappointed with the current plots and jokes that are unfunny or credible and feel the actors, as good as they are, can appear to be a bit awkward. It's just not the same and feel there were mistakes as to having additional characters and the writing in general. (I actually began imagining ideas of what they may have done instead, but, oh well... I'm not involved...haha. After all, it is only an imaginary family and situation.

This episode to me is an example of some funnier moments:

http://dai.ly/x19ypy2

Last edited by In2itive_1; 04-15-2018 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: More

Old 04-15-2018, 07:21 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
How exactly did Roseanne tank? She's a comedian, not an actress!

What work has she had since her lousy show?
IMO she wasn't any good as a comedian either, unless one likes snarky ,bi*chy, Joan River types!

Old 04-15-2018, 10:49 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,269 times
Quote:
What work has she had since her lousy show?
IMO she wasn't any good as a comedian either, unless one likes snarky ,bi*chy, Joan River types!
You're missing my point, she didn't need to have work since her show ended the first time.
Acting is not her thing.
Why are you commenting on and following a thread of someone you "hate" anyway?

Old 04-15-2018, 08:40 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
You're missing my point, she didn't need to have work since her show ended the first time.
Acting is not her thing.
Why are you commenting on and following a thread of someone you "hate" anyway?
Good point.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:14 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,130,500 times
I'm enjoying the series reboot, the original Becky still looks great, such a pretty face. Pretty sure I could get one of her stale eggs to hatch, lol. I liked the Becky episode, and the first 3 episodes as well. Roseanne, Dan and Darleen are a bit rusty but still good enough to pull thru. Glad they aborted the final season changes. Pretty sure the whole Roseanne liking Trump thing is just a spoof to get people to tune in, the old show was always a hard sell for liberal viewpoints, and the new show is no different with the cross dressing kid and how hard they trying to sell it as OK, still pushing the envelope once again.

I dare Roseanne to let Tom Arnold come back and do an Arnie Episode, lol. I liked Bev, she did a good job with her character, but the Shelly Winters character was awful and not entertaining at all, I think Roseanne was just letting her on the show out of sympathy, or to return a favor or something? They can't make David a deadbeat dad, that don't fit his character very well. Too bad about Mark passing away, they made him so stupid as the show progressed into the later seasons. At least they had him shape up a little from his ultra punk status in the earlier seasons, giving him a job with Dan at the city garage, so he could support Becky (kind of, lol). Dan also stuck up for Mark, when David the couch potato criticized him in that one episode where David gets nudged out of the nest.

I thought the head soaking Roseanne gave to Darleen's bratty kid was quite enjoyable to watch, and well deserved, lol. The Jackie episode was good too, she is doing fine with her character, but surprised they got rid of her kid, that seems odd, but maybe they want to keep the cast down to a manageable size, lots of actors to pay, lol. Martin Mull did a good job with his character in the original, maybe he is still running the Lunchbox? I will be expecting a good Halloween episode this fall, the show was always fun to me, to spite the political overtones and parade of neurotic women whom I would never want to hook up with in real life (except maybe Becky1), lol. They certainly were not too kind to either Becky or Darleen in their life/career path, they should have made at least one of them a winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV