Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2018, 07:34 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,255,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Estelle Parsons is 90 years old. She most certainly does not look that old! She really doesn't look any older than she did on the original series and she may even look younger now. I don't know if it's healthy living, a facelift or makeup, but whatever it is, she looks great!
Wow, I didn't realize she was that old. She really does look great!

Old 05-02-2018, 07:53 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,412,706 times
Quote:
Estelle Parsons is 90 years old. She most certainly does not look that old! She really doesn't look any older than she did on the original series and she may even look younger now. I don't know if it's healthy living, a facelift or makeup, but whatever it is, she looks great!
More than her face. She doesn't move like a 90-year-old!

Last edited by Gorges; 05-02-2018 at 08:28 PM..

Old 05-02-2018, 08:19 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
I agree, she appears to have not changed a bit, physically or in her character. Yes, she must really be doing things right. It's fun seeing her.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:40 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
I'm trying really hard to like the revival but it just ain't happening. The story lines are nonsensical, the writing is bad, there's no continuity and Darlene's speshul snowflake children make me want to punch the wall.

The only bright spot is Estelle Parsons seemlessly transitioning back into her role as the grating Bev. Everyone else is delivering their lines in a very forced manner and I think they haven't found the chemistry that made the original series so spectacular.
Yes, I have felt they are not as natural as before, but we aren't them and let's face it, has been 20 years since working together in that setting. The writing is unreal and the actors may not like it, either. As said, it just seems that if the plots and lines were better and maybe the direction, it would improve things.

I have always watched the old shows and it seemed so natural for them, though as mentioned, had appeared even better as time went on, when they had really found their groove.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:40 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
it sure was good to see the lady that played crystal and Sandra barnhardt she did not look like she has aged either . But the actress who plays crystal sure has . It was still good seeing them now bring back anne marie and chuck ...I would love to see them .

Old 05-03-2018, 10:05 AM

17,565 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
it sure was good to see the lady that played crystal and Sandra barnhardt she did not look like she has aged either . But the actress who plays crystal sure has . It was still good seeing them now bring back anne marie and chuck ...I would love to see them .
I believe they're back this week.

Quote:
Guest starring in this episode are James Pickens Jr. as Chuck, Adilah Barnes as Anne-Marie, Jahmela Biggs as Geena Williams-Conner, Alain Washnevsky as Samir, Anne Bedian as Fatima, Callan Farris as Kazim, Andy Milder as Al and Kenzie Caplan as Cashier.
Ratings are sliding pretty bad. From 27 million for the premier, they're down to 20 million as of the Eggs Over, Not Easy episode.

Now, that being said.. They're still pulling 20 million viewers, which isn't shabby.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:10 AM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times
Estelle Parsons plays that part really excellently. She knows how to throw out those nasty barbs in the perfect tone of voice.

One thing though, they have so many characters on the show, you won't ever get tired of same story lines. I was missing that one boy that wears a skirt. then voila, he appears! I actually liked the glam birdhouse he made.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:34 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
I'm trying really hard to like the revival but it just ain't happening. The story lines are nonsensical, the writing is bad, there's no continuity and Darlene's speshul snowflake children make me want to punch the wall.

I actually like the boy, the daughter not so much.

Quote:
She looks great. In the original series, I thought she looked the same when she starred a few times in"All In the Family"....yes, ALL IN THE FAMILY. Do you guys know how long THAT'S been? This woman aged very well!!

Old 05-03-2018, 11:54 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,412,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I agree, she appears to have not changed a bit, physically or in her character. Yes, she must really be doing things right...
Well, at age 55, she (Estelle) married a man 15 years her junior.

(and they are still married)

Old 05-03-2018, 07:17 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,228,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Ratings are sliding pretty bad. From 27 million for the premier, they're down to 20 million as of the Eggs Over, Not Easy episode.

Now, that being said.. They're still pulling 20 million viewers, which isn't shabby.
That's to be expected. The huge numbers at the beginning was people checking it out after 20+ years. I know a few people who watched just to see it. But they have no interest in watching it ongoing. It's not really a reflection of the current show, as much as people wanting to see what it was like after all these years.

Twenty million is huge. Huge. I think that will dwindle somewhat also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV