Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2018, 08:48 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times

Advertisements

Here is a way to save the show.

My wife had a great idea to save the show and to prevent the hundreds of people that were involved with the show from losing their jobs AND make an appeasement to the Lefty Social Justice Warriors.

Roseanne is replaced with Rosie O'donnell ! Just trade one overweight loudmouth obnoxious woman for another.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:51 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,347,630 times
Another big mouth idiot.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:32 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
I don’t recognize this world I live in. Now everyone is in trouble for everything they say or do or even things they said or did years ago. It didn’t used to be that people were castigated for every misstep they took. It’s like people are just waiting for someone to do or say something so the mob can attack. We teach kids not to bully, but adults bully everyone who voices an opinion that differs from theirs. Everyone is ready to attack.

I am not saying what Roseanne said was OK. But why was it OK for people to call George W. Bush “chimp?” Because he’s not black it was OK to call him that? People make mean comments constantly about Trump’s appearance and everything else about him. Saturday Night Live makes fun of everyone. That’s what comedians do. I guess I don’t see why it is OK in some instances and not in others.

Oliver McGee PhD MBA’s tweet:

“I’m a black man and I stand with @therealroseanne! Yes, she made a horrible joke and she apologized.

I see comedians, actors, etc make the same jokes and get applauded for it. This is outrageous.”

Old 05-30-2018, 09:37 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I read she had a serious eye condition and will go blind.. not sure if true or not.
Not true. She claimed she had glaucoma and macular degeneration. She had a mole behind her eye. Surgically treated, she’s fine.

Well, she’s not really. Now she’s saying it was the Ambien, so once again, it’s not her fault. This is her pattern.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:47 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,466,965 times
What Rosanne said was down right disgusting, and ABC was totally in the right for cancelling the show. Having said that, it's very telling how they've done nothing to Whoopi Goldberg in regards to the repulsive shirt she wore depicting the President shooting his brains out. Also very telling how they seem quick to cancel shows that have a conservative overtone (Last Man Standing), yet the View lives on.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:57 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,542,794 times
I really feel for all the people out of work. A show like that could have been a long term job for those crew people in addition to the actors. A good buddy of mine was a cameraman and was lucky enough to find a series that lasted 6 years for him. That's a tough biz.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:58 AM

2,984 posts, read 1,748,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
What Rosanne said was down right disgusting, and ABC was totally in the right for cancelling the show. Having said that, it's very telling how they've done nothing to Whoopi Goldberg in regards to the repulsive shirt she wore depicting the President shooting his brains out. Also very telling how they seem quick to cancel shows that have a conservative overtone (Last Man Standing), yet the View lives on.

I despise whoopi Goldberg, but lets call a spade a spade.

The pic on the right, which is a blurred out image of President Trump shooting himself in the head, is a fake, a photo shop. The pic on the left is real.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:08 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,724,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Meanwhile subjects that have been debunked 50 different ways live on.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:10 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don’t recognize this world I live in. Now everyone is in trouble for everything they say or do or even things they said or did years ago. It didn’t used to be that people were castigated for every misstep they took. It’s like people are just waiting for someone to do or say something so the mob can attack. We teach kids not to bully, but adults bully everyone who voices an opinion that differs from theirs. Everyone is ready to attack.

I am not saying what Roseanne said was OK. But why was it OK for people to call George W. Bush “chimp?” Because he’s not black it was OK to call him that? People make mean comments constantly about Trump’s appearance and everything else about him. Saturday Night Live makes fun of everyone. That’s what comedians do. I guess I don’t see why it is OK in some instances and not in others.

Oliver McGee PhD MBA’s tweet:

“I’m a black man and I stand with @therealroseanne! Yes, she made a horrible joke and she apologized.

I see comedians, actors, etc make the same jokes and get applauded for it. This is outrageous.”
Here's the difference. President are not "spokesman" the Presidency is not a positiin that comes with a brand. The Presidency is a position in itself lends to criticism.

Disney/ABC are for profit entities. She represents them.

And there was plenty of outrage when that insult came to President Bush. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Dixie chicks said they were ashamed of this country and they pretty much haven't worked since

Interestingly enough Rosanne herself said don't defend her

Last edited by eliza61nyc; 05-30-2018 at 11:14 AM..

Old 05-30-2018, 10:15 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
That includes yourself?

I reckon if I don't get in lock step with those that want everyone to be exactly alike then I would be included.

Mind you .. I am not justifying what she said or did. I find it repulsive.
But these emotional reactions from some are getting too much.

Personally, I think she has a mental condition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV