Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2018, 06:09 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times

Advertisements

Repeat already?

Old 04-25-2018, 06:13 AM

9,880 posts, read 7,209,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Repeat already?
All four episodes were shown last night. It's April so lots of repeats on now. Wait until May which is a sweeps ratings month.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:46 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Repeat already?
they have been advertising it as a "Roseanne-athon" all week.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:48 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
so becky cant have kids. the doctor told her her eggs were too old, so she was deceiving the other becky into thinking she was 33, instead of 43.
id hardly think lying about something as serious as that was nice, or right.

also becky, getting her 50K to buy a house, must be a really crap I mean cheap house, and how long did she think 50 k would last.

i found it a shame she amounted to nothing but a waitress at what looks like a crap place to eat.

I think dan is and has always been a big dummie.

I do like the show, it is funny, I always like Roseannes dark comedy anyway....

this was the first time becky and darlene seemed to bond.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:44 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
so becky cant have kids. the doctor told her her eggs were too old, so she was deceiving the other becky into thinking she was 33, instead of 43.
id hardly think lying about something as serious as that was nice, or right.

also becky, getting her 50K to buy a house, must be a really crap I mean cheap house, and how long did she think 50 k would last.

i found it a shame she amounted to nothing but a waitress at what looks like a crap place to eat.

I think dan is and has always been a big dummie.

I do like the show, it is funny, I always like Roseannes dark comedy anyway....

this was the first time becky and darlene seemed to bond.

When you grow up w/o money and being poor and that continues into your adult life you think $50,000 can buy everything. That is the character she is playing

Old 04-27-2018, 09:47 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,749,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
When you grow up w/o money and being poor and that continues into your adult life you think $50,000 can buy everything. That is the character she is playing
I took it as meaning the $50K would go toward buying a house, not buying a house outright.

Old 04-27-2018, 09:58 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
they have been advertising it as a "Roseanne-athon" all week.
Good Grief! TV as a whole must really suck if an "A-Thon" is running after only 3 shows.

I wasn't a watcher of the original. I gave this go'round a chance. I've given up on it. I can't tolerate screaming, disobedient, disrespectful kids in real life. I'm sure not going to watch it on TV. Sitcoms are nothing but screeching adults who are bringing up their kids all wrong. How anyone can think Aunt Jackie is watchable is a mystery to me. Hideous character.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:41 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
I took it as meaning the $50K would go toward buying a house, not buying a house outright.
I took it that way too

Old 04-27-2018, 11:05 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Now that everyone is done with all that political claptrap from the first episode, I've watched all new episodes of Roseanne. I will continue to watch because I loved the original. As I watched the first episode, it was kind of depressing seeing how everyone is older which made me look in the mirror and I'm older too. lol I never really cared for the original younger Becky with having an attitude all the time but since she is older, I think she does a better job and she looks the same except that she's taller.

Also, I didn't get the reference of Darlene being gay and she denying it. What's that about? And what do ya know...I found out what gender fluid is! There is no way I would allow my young son go to school dressed like that knowing he would get picked on, bullied and possibly beat up. We all know how some kids are cruel.

One more thing, didn't Roseanne have some special reunion show several years ago and I believe most of the actors/actresses returned except for the actress that plays Jackie. I remember because Roseanne Barr was on some talk show and was asked why wasn't Jackie there...Roseanne snapped back at the host (I think it may have been Larry King) and said she didn't know and didn't care. I wondered if they had some kind of spat at the time.

Anyway, I give the show a rating of 6.5 out of 10.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:03 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Good Grief! TV as a whole must really suck if an "A-Thon" is running after only 3 shows.
5 shows aired. They reaired 4 of the 5. And the reason is that there are only 9 shows, and since it is a ratings winner, they likely wanted to stretch the remaining 4 episodes to all air in the May sweeps.

So, they could have gone dark for a week.. Or, reaired the first episodes in a block for anyone who missed them to catch up on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Also, I didn't get the reference of Darlene being gay and she denying it. What's that about? And what do ya know...I found out what gender fluid is! There is no way I would allow my young son go to school dressed like that knowing he would get picked on, bullied and possibly beat up. We all know how some kids are cruel.
Sara Gilbert, who plays Darlene, is gay in real life. The character she plays, Darlene, is not.

So, Something of an inside joke.

And I caught myself.. I had actually typed out Melissa Gilbert there.. Wrong one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV