Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 07:47 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Can't you read? She/he even used all capitals for the word "EVERY". I agree that TV is becoming obnoxious in trying to teach the American population what is politically correct. It is fine to be gay but 33% of the Country is not gay though about 33% of the tv shows have gay characters. Also why did you bother to mention "white"? Are you anti white or just pro PC?
Hahahaaaaaaaaa

Old 05-24-2017, 08:19 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
A revived Roseanne can't be any worse than the current drivel they're tossing out at us. Even Big Bang T has petered out for the most part. I've had no interest in any of the current sit-coms in many years. It's like the good writers all retired and left a bunch of lesser than's to run the store.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:48 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
I would prefer a reboot of "Married With Children". Bud could be the new father figure.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:32 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I would prefer a reboot of "Married With Children". Bud could be the new father figure.
In today's PC culture, they'd have made Bud gay and would have had him buy the house behind Peg and Al. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Of course with Al being another existing series, this would not be available for a reboot. Maybe they could swap out Al for Rosanne's Dan (Goodman)?

Old 05-24-2017, 11:06 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It's not so much that there's gay characters on TV shows, who cares, but that there has to be a gay character on EVERY show. It's so forced. It's as if that's a box that the writers of every show have to check off or something. They have gay characters just for the sake of having a gay character.
So what?

Old 07-18-2017, 07:33 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
LGBTQ characters only make up only 4.8% of prime time tv. Which is right in line with the real world distribution who openly identify as such.

I think Roseanne might have been the exception. She had plenty of gay characters on her show, probably more than any other network TV show. The first few years I really liked Roseanne. They were hard working, down to earth people but everybody's personality just did a 360 after the first few seasons and suddenly Roseanne was lazy and I can't still can't figure out how Mark went from horrible boyfriend to a guy they seemed to like. The whole Roseanne's "father physically abused us" came out of nowhere also. It seemed like the show completely lost direction the more famous Roseanne became in real life.

The very last episode made it seem like she started making stuff up after Dan died plus she put David with Becky and Darlene with Mark, made her mother gay and a few other things. I don't think the whole show was supposed to be all part of her book but I could be mistaken. The last two seasons were horrible. We rarely ever saw the new baby Jerry and I don't understand why she thought it would be a good idea to have a baby on the show just because she had one in real life. It was like a soap opera where someone has a baby, they go up to the nursery and are never seen again until they are old enough to date and have a story line.

The lottery winning, Jackie and the prince from Moldavia, the spa they went to. That last season was just so totally over the top. Also I couldn't stand Darlene, she was such a smart mouth little beyotch. However, I will probably watch at least the first episode of this new one just to see what it's like and how they account for Dan's return from the dead of a heart attack and then I will decide if I want to watch.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:36 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,020,456 times
It's almost time! I can't wait.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:47 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I think Roseanne might have been the exception. She had plenty of gay characters on her show, probably more than any other network TV show. The first few years I really liked Roseanne. They were hard working, down to earth people but everybody's personality just did a 360 after the first few seasons and suddenly Roseanne was lazy and I can't still can't figure out how Mark went from horrible boyfriend to a guy they seemed to like. The whole Roseanne's "father physically abused us" came out of nowhere also. It seemed like the show completely lost direction the more famous Roseanne became in real life.

The very last episode made it seem like she started making stuff up after Dan died plus she put David with Becky and Darlene with Mark, made her mother gay and a few other things. I don't think the whole show was supposed to be all part of her book but I could be mistaken. The last two seasons were horrible. We rarely ever saw the new baby Jerry and I don't understand why she thought it would be a good idea to have a baby on the show just because she had one in real life. It was like a soap opera where someone has a baby, they go up to the nursery and are never seen again until they are old enough to date and have a story line.

The lottery winning, Jackie and the prince from Moldavia, the spa they went to. That last season was just so totally over the top. Also I couldn't stand Darlene, she was such a smart mouth little beyotch. However, I will probably watch at least the first episode of this new one just to see what it's like and how they account for Dan's return from the dead of a heart attack and then I will decide if I want to watch.

Some say it "evolved," but the series lost its mojo over the years, and that happened when it ceased to be about a working-class family.

Roseanne's character, in particular, was almost unrecognizable, and not merely in appearance (coinciding with Barr's beautiful phase, Cleopatra phase, etc.). She lost her sense of humor, and was often downright dour. Jackie was increasingly off the wall, it was hard to tell who was the bigger brat--Darlene or Becky, there were far too many "fantasy" episodes, and the finale was a downer.

And how are they going to explain away all of those "revelations?" Another Dallas shower scene?

What's the purpose of bringing Sarah Chalke back as an entirely unrelated character who hires Becky to be a surrogate for her baby? This is cray-cray already.

I'll be watching, though. At least Roseanne jettisoned her hair extensions for the series. But something tells me I'll probably end up watching DVDs from the first 5 seasons, instead.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:59 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,270,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
It's almost time! I can't wait.
Same here.

Interestingly, both Roseanne and Dan (John Goodman) are much
thinner than they were during the original series,
I probably weigh more than Dan

Old 03-10-2018, 12:32 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
This thing they're doing of reviving long dead shows seems like acts of pure desperation. So far, none of them interest me even slightly, probably never will!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV