Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2018, 03:41 PM

193 posts, read 147,816 times

Advertisements

Can't believe the latest episode! Finally a ray of hope! Luke gets to confront the Commander! He meets Nick! The letters!

Anyone think Nick is a goner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 05:11 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times
Holy Moo that was good. I had a sense of dread turning it on, but it was so good. I can't say enough about all of it!

The last thing June said, my fist went in the air.

'I had resigned myself to you being born here. But, f___ that'. YES! F that! Woot!

Old 06-13-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatedogadvice View Post
Can't believe the latest episode! Finally a ray of hope! Luke gets to confront the Commander! He meets Nick! The letters!

Anyone think Nick is a goner?
Yes! And Luke gets to send his news to June. Moira gets to stand in the commander's face too. Serena must face Luke and the beautiful picture of the family she destroyed. All of it, everything was so great.

I about died when they immediately uploaded the letters though. Surely someone will wonder about that amazing coincidence. But, no one said the letters were uploaded FROM CANADA. They just said 'uploaded'. So to them it could be anyone watching them on TV and finding that the appropriate time to do that.

Another line I liked about that was 'These can go boom'. Yup, and they did. I loved Canada kicking them out of the country.

IDK what I think about Serena. Quite an interesting scene, and quite an attractive offer. Fertility. I knew she wouldn't take it, but I just can't wrap my head about wanting to stay in Gilead. There is nothing for her there except June and Nick's baby to steal. Her marriage sucks, she is not only subordinate, she doesn't even have sex! Her 'power' is limited to a handmaid and a martha. She can't read or work. ugh. Not all women want to work, but she does. I would have gone for the 'Treason and Coconuts' for sure.

Not to mention, that man was handsome.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:17 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,456,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Yes! And Luke gets to send his news to June. Moira gets to stand in the commander's face too. Serena must face Luke and the beautiful picture of the family she destroyed. All of it, everything was so great.

I about died when they immediately uploaded the letters though. Surely someone will wonder about that amazing coincidence. But, no one said the letters were uploaded FROM CANADA. They just said 'uploaded'. So to them it could be anyone watching them on TV and finding that the appropriate time to do that.

Another line I liked about that was 'These can go boom'. Yup, and they did. I loved Canada kicking them out of the country.

IDK what I think about Serena. Quite an interesting scene, and quite an attractive offer. Fertility. I knew she wouldn't take it, but I just can't wrap my head about wanting to stay in Gilead. There is nothing for her there except June and Nick's baby to steal. Her marriage sucks, she is not only subordinate, she doesn't even have sex! Her 'power' is limited to a handmaid and a martha. She can't read or work. ugh. Not all women want to work, but she does. I would have gone for the 'Treason and Coconuts' for sure.

I hope she is staying because she is hatching a plan.

She committed the phone number to memory and threw the matchbook away so no one will find it.

She told June that she was kicking her out, knowing she would panic and start talking about protecting the baby from the commander. She has a sense of how June's mind works and she wants her own protection, too.

I think the offer from the US will make her grab the baby and flee with it. Maybe June gets wind of it, maybe Serena plans to take her after seeing the portrait and Luke's confrontation. But the three of them will go on the run. And either Nick's death will be the catalyst or Nick will help them and get caught, only to go to the wall.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:19 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
Quote:

I did worry about the letters being released then, but it's entirely possible that Fred and Serena will presume somebody's had them all along (kinda true) and just sat on them until the most 'opportune' time to embarrass Gilead--it's a tactic that Fred and Serena themselves would have used.

Plus, even if they figure out that Luke, Moira, and that other gal uploaded them, they're not going to know how they *got* them. Luke and Moira certainly aren't going to tell. So again, anybody from Gilead who knows that Moira recently escaped from there may presume that she brought the letters with her when she escaped. So June and Nick may escape all notice entirely. (Rita knows, but I doubt she'll tell either, lest she admit that she was helping hide the letters.)

My only hope is that when they uploaded the letters, they blurred out the women's real names so Gilead can't target who to punish, and showed the letters in their entirety to the Canadian government.

Serena.....I don't know. I think she *has* gotten attached to the baby that June's expecting, that might be part of it. And another part of it might be pride--a lot of people know she was one of the architects of Gilead, for her to run out now would put her in the limelight forever of, "She instigated this, but she cut and run when it got too rough for her and she left millions of women in a worse situation." Though good clapback from the guy when she told him he should know she'd never betray her country, and he called her out on her betrayal of the United States.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:22 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
I hope she is staying because she is hatching a plan.

She committed the phone number to memory and threw the matchbook away so no one will find it.

She told June that she was kicking her out, knowing she would panic and start talking about protecting the baby from the commander. She has a sense of how June's mind works and she wants her own protection, too.

I think the offer from the US will make her grab the baby and flee with it. Maybe June gets wind of it, maybe Serena plans to take her after seeing the portrait and Luke's confrontation. But the three of them will go on the run. And either Nick's death will be the catalyst or Nick will help them and get caught, only to go to the wall.

I did wonder if she was memorizing the phone number on the matchbox. But I wonder how she would make a phone call to said number.....I'd think their phone lines would be heavily monitored, especially for any international calls?

Old 06-13-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:

Totally disagree.

Old 06-13-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I did wonder if she was memorizing the phone number on the matchbox. But I wonder how she would make a phone call to said number.....I'd think their phone lines would be heavily monitored, especially for any international calls?
I felt that she was gazing at it, making a final decision on whether to use it, and throwing it in the fireplace meant she threw away the option entirely.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:43 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,456,367 times
Quote:
Totally disagree.
Okay, what is your theory?

Old 06-13-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Okay, what is your theory?
I don't have a theory on the part I quoted. I just disagree that Serena would hope that June is going to report Fred for hitting her. She would never risk his position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV