Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2017, 07:55 AM

1,761 posts, read 2,098,381 times

Advertisements

Last week's episode was so good. I just watched last night. The commander is the worst. He's so creepy, I hate to say I found him less creepy in the book.
And Mexico...wow, just wow. I did like the male ambassador though, I hope he's actually a good guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 08:03 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
I've adored EMoss since her kidnapping storyline on The West Wing. Amazing actress!

Old 05-22-2017, 08:20 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I've adored EMoss since her kidnapping storyline on The West Wing. Amazing actress!
I am blown away by her every week. This is a huge career move for her.

PS I didn't realize she was the daughter on West Wing until you said it! I loved that show, and I loved her on it.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:36 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
OMG that episode was so intense! Elizabeth Moss is killing it with her mad acting skills. There are rare times while watching a show that I'm so in awe of the acting that it really impacts me. She is just dazzling.

So many great moments...

Serena's backstory, man did that bite her in the butt! She was such a strong person and valued by Fred for her opinions and then she is reduced down to having no voice and just running a household. No wonder she's so miserable (serves her right!). That moment where she brought in the children was heartbreaking but also showcased that old side her that knows how to make an impact.

The commander, eek. That scene where poor Offred was trying to get on his good side and kisses him. That response, kiss me like you mean it. I just wanted to slap him through my TV. He's so creepy. It was strange to see the flashbacks on his character, to see another side of him. He's basically turned into a power hungry robot.

Offred, oh Offred...my heart was breaking for her. The washing of the red wall, comforting Jeanine, see the children paraded in front of everyone, realizing what Mexico really wants, having the courage to final speak the truth and getting that awful response, then learning her husband is still alive...good lord, all that in a couple of days?!?
That was my favorite part. We got to see a side of Serena that we've not seen. She was fabulous in her orchestration of the dinner and bringing in the children. The Commander suddenly remembered why he fell in love with her ~ since she's been reduced to just the 'commander's wife'. No longer allowed a seat at the table. What fools they both were.

Oh, and then Offred's truth telling to the ambassador. I hope her husband really is alive.

One of the best episodes.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:11 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,527,393 times
Elizabeth Moss really is an incredibly gifted actor. She can communicate so much with her expressions, she is amazing. This show is truly disturbing!

Old 05-23-2017, 08:53 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Elizabeth Moss really is an incredibly gifted actor. She can communicate so much with her expressions, she is amazing. This show is truly disturbing!
Even when she's completely expressionless, her eyes are practically SCREAMING.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:42 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Even when she's completely expressionless, her eyes are practically SCREAMING.
She can use words with her face. We all can to an extent, but she is amazing with that.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:28 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
This is one of the best new shows in quite a while. We're enjoying it a LOT.

Of course there's a copy of the book on our shelf; it's the same ratty copy that I've had since college. I should take it down and read it again.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:32 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Who has watched Episode 7?

This is one of my favorite episodes, since episode 3 though I liked last week's a lot too. As a huge fan of the book (I too have had a copy on my shelf for years), I am loving the way the show can explore more of this world.

What did you guys think?

Old 05-24-2017, 01:53 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Who has watched Episode 7?

This is one of my favorite episodes, since episode 3 though I liked last week's a lot too. As a huge fan of the book (I too have had a copy on my shelf for years), I am loving the way the show can explore more of this world.

What did you guys think?
Yes, I really liked this episode. At first I was a little disappointed that it was going to be a Luke episode, but there were some intense moments. I think the flashback scenes always seem more intense since its easier to imagine it happening in real life. Just thinking about the protest scene from episode 3 still scares me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV