Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 05:13 AM

5 posts, read 2,623 times

Advertisements

Remember that STAR TREK: DISCOVER will only be on CBS this Sunday for ONE NIGHT only...then it goes to CBS all access (on demand subscription). And, with football on earlier, it is sure to run into time issues with our DVR's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 05:27 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
I think there were a lot of issues with the plot, but I liked that they didn't try to tie everything up in a nice pretty bow at the end.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:50 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,659,943 times
I've actually liked the show so far.... I never really could get into Star Trek for some reason but the comedic version has grabbed my attention for now. Hopefully it will hold onto it for a while.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:32 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,721,107 times
I like the show a lot too considering I dont like anything Seth McFarlane does. Even funnier I love listening to the guy do interviews and find him insanely intelligent. I think this is the first show of his I truly liked.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:33 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
My wife isn't into sci-fi. She's enjoying the show and I'm going to keep watching, too.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Beverly Crusher. They may not have married, but had been engaged, and they knew each other very personally. There were some concerns on the ship when she was assigned.

Io.
No.

Picard was Bev's husband's superior officer and very close friend. THAT is why they were close. Also he had feelings for her, but she was with Crusher. He felt bad for having feelings for his best friend's girl.

You might be thinking of the final episode where in the future they got married but then divorced.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:50 AM

8,408 posts, read 7,402,622 times
Re Pickard and Crusher - Jack Crusher, Beverly Crusher's husband, was killed while serving on the USS Stargazer under the command of Jean Luc Pickard. Pickard personally returned the body of his friend to his wife. The uneasiness between Crusher and Pickard during the first season was due to not having seen each other for about seven years after the death of Jack Crusher, Jean Luc still dealing with the guilt of having his friend Jack die and Beverly having to deal with working with the man who was in command when her husband died.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Re Pickard and Crusher - Jack Crusher, Beverly Crusher's husband, was killed while serving on the USS Stargazer under the command of Jean Luc Pickard. Pickard personally returned the body of his friend to his wife. The uneasiness between Crusher and Pickard during the first season was due to not having seen each other for about seven years after the death of Jack Crusher, Jean Luc still dealing with the guilt of having his friend Jack die and Beverly having to deal with working with the man who was in command when her husband died.
And Wesley, too.

This comes to a head in the episode where Wesley finally tells Captain Picard how angry he is that he lived and his father died.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:38 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,986,436 times
There always was a side of Seth MacFarlane(and his humor) that I never liked, and in my opinion, this episode revealed that. But I'm sorry, but I did not like this episode at all. And for a lot of reasons. With one being that it was too weird and it made me feel uncomfortable. Also, I thought that the humor was poor in this episode like when Lt. Malloy took the stand and revealed that he was dumber than a brick. But the thing is is that to be able to be part of an exploratory deep space vessel, you have to be smart and educated. Therefore, the humor of Malloy being so dumb was lost on me.

Although, about the only thing that I liked about the episode was the elderly woman that they found up in the mountains.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:42 AM

3,110 posts, read 1,986,436 times
Also, I noticed that most people aren't really talking about this week's episode, but instead are talking about Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV