Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2019, 07:35 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,824,527 times

Advertisements

sigh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2019, 08:06 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,675,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
sigh...
Indeed.

The upside down world of the "progressive" left....where MacFarlane lives, or thinks he does. 20 minutes was enough for me, where I stopped and deleted it.

Much as I'd love to have a good reason to watch another episode, I can't think of one.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:46 AM

17,496 posts, read 15,091,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Indeed.

The upside down world of the "progressive" left....where MacFarlane lives, or thinks he does. 20 minutes was enough for me, where I stopped and deleted it.

Much as I'd love to have a good reason to watch another episode, I can't think of one.

I haven't seen last night's episode.. I don't overly blame anything here on political views.. The stories have just not been very good. Ranging from "OK" to "Pretty bad" which I thought about the doctor/Isaac storyline.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:48 AM

28,624 posts, read 18,682,107 times
I'm a liberal myself, but I don't like being preached to when I want a story.

I'm also a Christian, and I find nearly all Christian movies non--entertaining for the same reason--most can't get past the ideology to tell a good story.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:51 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,657,184 times
Sometimes, when I read the comments about this show here, I feel like there must be two different series running.

The one I watch every week is consistently excellent, and last night's episode was no exception.

The main story was very well done and I loved the little touches for Valentine's Day - the cookie bouquet in particular.

And, I want to see more of the giant talking flower voiced by...Bruce Willis.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:19 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,616,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Sometimes, when I read the comments about this show here, I feel like there must be two different series running.

The one I watch every week is consistently excellent, and last night's episode was no exception.

The main story was very well done and I loved the little touches for Valentine's Day - the cookie bouquet in particular.

And, I want to see more of the giant talking flower voiced by...Bruce Willis.

I have to agree, I enjoy the show a lot. The worst episode to me was the first one, where I'm not sure everyone was sure of their footing yet, or where the show would go tone-wise. Now I think it's found it's groove, and it's a pretty good grove. It's got the storytelling of Star Trek with the lightness of Firefly. I love it. And in case someone thinks politics is playing a role, I happen to be a conservative.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:58 AM

157 posts, read 91,200 times
Lol...I knew last nights episode would be a big turn off for some and thought about it as I was watching. It's no secret MacFarlane is an unabashed Hollywood liberal so you know what you get going in. That said, I don't like being preached to either and while last night may have come close I wasn't bothered. To each their own; I still like the everyday work environment on a starship vibe they're going for. There is so little good SyFi on tv right now, I appreciate being able to tune in once a week. They are definitely tackling social issues head on but so did all the Star Trek's and any good SyFi really.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:34 AM

972 posts, read 538,582 times
I hadn't heard of the show until I came across it a few weeks ago while flipping through the channels. It was S2E3 "Home," and I enjoyed it. As for the supposed humor, I didn't see much that I recognized as even an attempt at being funny. But it was fun little story. I've been meaning to catch up on S1.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:53 AM

157 posts, read 91,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
I hadn't heard of the show until I came across it a few weeks ago while flipping through the channels. It was S2E3 "Home," and I enjoyed it. As for the supposed humor, I didn't see much that I recognized as even an attempt at being funny. But it was fun little story. I've been meaning to catch up on S1.
There are humorous little interludes between the drama in nearly every episode. Funny little life moments that might not be laugh out loud funny, but do give you a good chuckle. One of the things I really like about it. If you catch up and watch more of them, you'll see what I mean. The 2 bridge-bros as I call them are almost always good for a laugh.

Old 02-15-2019, 12:20 PM

12,338 posts, read 8,072,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattedCOdude View Post
Lol...I knew last nights episode would be a big turn off for some and thought about it as I was watching. It's no secret MacFarlane is an unabashed Hollywood liberal so you know what you get going in. That said, I don't like being preached to either and while last night may have come close I wasn't bothered. To each their own; I still like the everyday work environment on a starship vibe they're going for. There is so little good SyFi on tv right now, I appreciate being able to tune in once a week. They are definitely tackling social issues head on but so did all the Star Trek's and any good SyFi really.
As to the main plot of "Deflectors" that was about as subtle as "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" from ToS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV