Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 12:58 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I wont watch it seems like it is more for the millennials ....
Seeing how young the actors look, I don't think I am the targeted audience either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 06:22 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
I watched it. It's not bad. It isn't great, but it is very well made. My only real complaint is that some of the secondary cast were obviously cast for their looks and not their acting ability. But the leads are all good, and the show looks like it might rise about the "freak of the week" aspect of most of these types of shows. It's more of an action/thriller than the more cerebral LEGION, but still fun.

I was surprised at how much they tied-in directly to the X-Men universe. It wasn't just the occasional Easter Egg or vague allusion like in LEGION. They actually mention the X-Men by name in a couple of places, and some of the characters are right out of the comics. No spandex though, thank goodness.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
First impressions:
They clearly spent a lot of money on the pilot episode as the effects were very well done.

They clearly didn't spend a lot of money on talent, unless Amy Acker ate up their budget in that regard.
Most of those folks couldn't sell ice cream on a very hot day.

I hated the boy and would have left him to his fate in a hot second.

The previews look interesting so I'll watch a few more episodes.

Overall, it made me wish that The CW had kept "The Tomorrow People" in their line-up.
I liked those people.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:40 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
I didn't get interested til 16 minutes in ... I watched the time on purpose because I wanted to change the channel in first 5-10 minutes...I dunno it just didn't grab me.
Not complaining...
Seems like another 'The Fugitive' with family, tho, mixed with Hero.
Sure, I'll see if it gets 'un'predictable. Glad to see Amy Acker, (the mom),
and I was a fan of True Blood, so...the lawyer hubby....forget his name.
I like their particular gifts.

Makes me always want cash and buried somewhere away from the house!
They have nothing!

Old 10-03-2017, 01:48 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
I watched it and it's not a bad premise. Will watch again to see where it goes. It reminds me of some of my dystopian YA novels.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:38 PM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
It certainly started off better than the Inhumans. Bryan Singer taking on the Feige and Joss Whedon roles helps

Old 10-04-2017, 04:49 AM

11,768 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Reminded me of Heroes from 2006. I enjoyed the first one but the kid who played the son was not my favorite.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:39 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,818 times
Well, this show went from "meh" to "alright" to "meh" in the space of 40-odd minutes.

It has a very ordinary look to it (I kept reframing shots in my mind), it unfolds predictably, and it has one interesting scene when the kid utilizes his power the first time against the bullies (but it still was only alright).

And I'm thinking, in the first 15 or so minutes, this looks like it's directed by Singer. It has a very Singer-ish feel to it.

Sure enough! He stepped away from the movies and is now making subpar mutanTV.

I probably won't go any further, unless Mark tells me it gets awesome. Little likelihood of that!

Old 10-04-2017, 01:05 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
... and it has one interesting scene when the kid utilizes his power the first time against the bullies (but it still was only alright).
Bullies tormenting a kid in the shower. I kept thinking: Have none of these nitwits ever seen Carrie? Don't they know what they're about to unleash?

Quote:
And I'm thinking, in the first 15 or so minutes, this looks like it's directed by Singer. It has a very Singer-ish feel to it.

Sure enough! He stepped away from the movies and is now making subpar mutanTV.
Guy's gotta eat. And I'm sure all the litigation after his pool parties gets expensive.

Quote:
I probably won't go any further, unless Mark tells me it gets awesome. Little likelihood of that!
Unless the show substantially improves, the most you'll hear from me is, "It's okay." Watching the pilot, I wasn't bored but neither was I hooked. It's one of those shows that if my kids are watching, I might tune in. But I'm not eagerly awaiting the next episode.

LEGION is a show worth watching, for the brilliant direction, even if the story is a tad slow.

THE GIFTED isn't horrible but definitely could use some improvement.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:16 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,818 times
"Litigation"—LOL! No kidding.

I really did expect The Gifted to be a whole lot better. I like Amy Acker (she was on Person of Interest, which was a great show) and the girl playing Polaris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV