Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 09:25 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,605,807 times

Advertisements

I definitely enjoyed the first episode - Stephen Moyer as the kids' father was definitely eye candy for the mature viewer, but seemed credible enough in his role. I enjoyed Stan Lee's cameo.

I did wonder that doors didn't open at the motel when the boy destroyed the vending machine. Seems to me that someone would have observed it, feared mutant activity, and called the police (since the general public doesn't seem to be all that familiar with Sentinel Enterprises).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 01:52 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
I have watched no s-man shows or movies except Wolverine's. Does that matter?

Old 10-06-2017, 04:28 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I have watched no s-man shows or movies except Wolverine's. Does that matter?
So you have the general knowledge that some people are born with superhuman abilities and others will try to control them. That should be enough to jump in. Most of the characters were introduced or put to the forefront years after I stopped reading comics and I had no problem. But then I have seen all the movies so maybe I am prejudiced.

Old 10-06-2017, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
So you have the general knowledge that some people are born with superhuman abilities and others will try to control them. That should be enough to jump in. Most of the characters were introduced or put to the forefront years after I stopped reading comics and I had no problem. But then I have seen all the movies so maybe I am prejudiced.
Yes, in the Wolverine movies they showed other mutants. One of the lab-created ones had the abilities of all of them or at least many of them.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Yes, in the Wolverine movies they showed other mutants. One of the lab-created ones had the abilities of all of them or at least many of them.
General fan consensus puts X-Men Origins Wolverine in the bottom 2 of the fictional universe in large part because of the man made mutant Deadpool who was done right in last year's movie.

I hope that Singer and FOX can get a cameo out of Hugh Jackman or Patrick Stewart like Disney and Whedon got Samuel L. Jackson for the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D

Old 10-06-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
General fan consensus puts X-Men Origins Wolverine in the bottom 2 of the fictional universe in large part because of the man made mutant Deadpool who was done right in last year's movie.

I hope that Singer and FOX can get a cameo out of Hugh Jackman or Patrick Stewart like Disney and Whedon got Samuel L. Jackson for the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D
I love Deadpool!

Old 10-06-2017, 01:00 PM

Upon further review I think Rebecca Romijn would be a perfect cameo from the movies

Old 10-10-2017, 10:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
I liked the second episode better than the first.
Coby Bell's character was properly menacing, the prison stuff wasn't awful, I'm (still) really liking the bubble shield power and, Sharon Gless and Garret Dillahunt!

No idea how I didn't know that Matt Nix was connected to this but if he can get Jeffrey Donovan to make an appearance, he'll have full series devotion from me.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:42 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
The second episode was marginally better because it wasn't directed by the guys whose initials are "BS" (except for the first several minutes, which were obviously carried over).

But it wasn't better by leaps and bounds, either. The show has a very "stock" feel to it.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:53 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
The second episode was marginally better because it wasn't directed by the guys whose initials are "BS" (except for the first several minutes, which were obviously carried over).

But it wasn't better by leaps and bounds, either. The show has a very "stock" feel to it.
The second episode was directed by Len Wiseman of "Underworld" fame.
He was also an executive producer of "Sleepy Hollow" and "APB" and currently serves in that capacity for "Lucifer."

So, lots of style but sometimes hit-or-miss on the substance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV