U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2017, 01:32 PM

2,753 posts, read 1,739,300 times

Advertisements

Tony Danza is returning to series television with The Good Cop, a dramedy crime procedural for Netflix. The Internet network has given a 10-episode straight-to-series order to the hourlong project inspired by a format from Israeli production company Yes. The project hails from Monk creator/executive producer Andy Breckman and director/executive producer Randy Zisk.

Written by Breckman, who serves as showrunner, The Good Cop centers on Tony Sr. (Danza), a disgraced former NYPD officer who never followed the rules. He lives with his son, Tony Jr., an earnest, obsessively honest NYPD detective who makes a point of always following the rules. This “odd couple” become unofficial partners as Tony Sr. offers his overly cautious son blunt, streetwise advice on everything from handling suspects to handling women.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/netflix-ord...170047772.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 03:10 PM

13,997 posts, read 10,136,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Tony Danza is returning to series television with The Good Cop, a dramedy crime procedural for Netflix. The Internet network has given a 10-episode straight-to-series order to the hourlong project inspired by a format from Israeli production company Yes. The project hails from Monk creator/executive producer Andy Breckman and director/executive producer Randy Zisk.

Written by Breckman, who serves as showrunner, The Good Cop centers on Tony Sr. (Danza), a disgraced former NYPD officer who never followed the rules. He lives with his son, Tony Jr., an earnest, obsessively honest NYPD detective who makes a point of always following the rules. This “odd couple” become unofficial partners as Tony Sr. offers his overly cautious son blunt, streetwise advice on everything from handling suspects to handling women.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/netflix-ord...170047772.html
Ah, that explains it. I just saying recently how the character of TJ kind of reminded me of Monk.

I was really surprised by Josh Groban's acting ability. I thought he would be in the show more as a novelty, but he's a natural. Pretty funny, even playing the "straight man."

And Tony Danza is... well, Tony Danza. Fun to see him in a series again.

I'm starting to get into the rest of the characters, too. Hope they make more.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:08 AM

7,146 posts, read 7,586,700 times
I just finished the first season and loved it. I really like Josh Groban as an actor (not a huge fan of his music) and what's not to like about Tony Danza (holy hell he is 67 now! )? As for Monics Barbaro? Well heck Ive crushed on her since "UnREAL" so Id watch her do just about anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or