U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2017, 10:30 AM

4,721 posts, read 4,285,603 times

Advertisements

No amount of money is worth losing your humanity over. They should all self-evict to get away from the evil that is in that house this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2017, 10:32 AM

1,685 posts, read 3,527,654 times
What's 'a penalty vote'?

Old 08-29-2017, 10:39 AM

6,564 posts, read 11,877,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
What's 'a penalty vote'?
As I understand it, it's what happens if you are already on the block and thus a penalty nomination would be superfluous. It's as if the Grod Squad has granted itself one vote and that vote is to evict Matt. I presume that if he kept breaking the rules often enough, he could keep getting penalty votes to the point where his eviction would be automatic. I would think that was hilarious.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:05 AM

778 posts, read 736,245 times
Matt is trying to get enough penalties to make sure he will be evicted instead of Raven. Even though the plan seems to be evicting Matt already every once in a while they discuss whether Raven might be a better choice.

I've read comments on other sites about the feeling BB USA is too lenient with the houseguests. In Canada and I think the other one is Britain, if someone is constantly aggressive they will give them formal warnings and eventually evict them. If someone does something more minor then they will punish the entire house such as no hot water or take things away from them. I haven't watch either of those shows so I can't be positive this information is true.

Another interesting point someone made is whether Matt should be allowed to mess with eviction results. By doing what he is doing and getting so many penalty votes he would automatically be evicted. Matt is taking away the HG opportunity to make a choice of who goes. A suggestion was to penalize Matt by either not allowing him on the jury or taking away some of his earnings.

Interesting ideas.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:10 AM

4,040 posts, read 4,951,819 times
...they would be more effective taking away his cereal.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:27 AM

3,687 posts, read 3,922,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
When was the last time a have not gave up and broke the rules? I know it's been threatend in past seasons but I can't remember it being done in a very long time.
It HAS been a long time - the ONLY time I can actually remember was Jen, from Season 8. Evil Dick was being very evil and had thrown iced tea on her and other terrible pranks, so, being a have-not, she ate a cookie. ONE STINKING COOKIE and she got a penalty vote. She went home anyway, but that was the last time I can remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
...they would be more effective taking away his cereal.
Dude...spot on!!! He's been a real A-hole here this week - blaming Jason for doing the very thing he and Raven have been doing all along - they aren't super bright.

And...I was feeling really sorry for Jason being ganged up on, with the whole house being silent, when Maven went off. THEN...I heard about his comment about Kevin. I'm super pissed at him - I can't believe he went there. It really seemed like they were friends and even if Jason's game separated from Kevin's (although I can't figure out why he thinks that's good), he didn't have to get personal. And boy did he. I'm kind of in shock as that seems to uncharacteristic - buy hey, I've been fooled before.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:02 PM

1,100 posts, read 724,210 times
What's next for Big Brother, CBS? Since production seems to be fine with all the sociopathic behavior this season, maybe they'll recast Paul and some minions again next season, and film it at a different BB house known as Spahn Ranch.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:45 PM

38,673 posts, read 45,016,991 times
Jason is getting bad press all over the world...

Jason is continuing get his rape comment circulating online, TV, and newsprint. Yesterday, it was TMZ. Today, it's posted on Daily Mail, NY Daily News, TV Guide, and FOX News.

In other news, delusional Alex hopes herself/Jason/Paul or Josh wins AFP and said if Kevin wins AFP, she's going to kick him in his balls and said "***k you, old man!".

Old 08-30-2017, 04:29 PM

4,832 posts, read 2,142,556 times
Each are an employee since they get a paycheck. I'm sure the blatant harassment can later be used in a suit. Where is it written that inside the house,they can get away with such antics that in a civil environment would get you fired? I didn't care for Josh or PAul...Just find they instigate and let others take the fall..
I have real life brothers. And my definition of a big brother is to protect..With integrity..Not with manipulation and vulgarity.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:27 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,446,580 times
Someone says something controversial every season. People get real angry for awhile, then seem to get over it. Not saying I'm like that. I knew nothing about Jason saying that until I came on here. Wasn't Derrick in last season? He mentioned that he'd like to kill one of the houseguests, and how he'd like to do it. I don't remember how he said he'd like to kill them, but I did hear him, and was shocked that they didn't do anything to him. Everyone was talking about it, especially since he has killed someone, supposedly in the line of duty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV