Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2017, 05:44 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
If the rumor is true that CBS wants Paul to win, but WHY?

CBS convinced the other houseguests to give up $500,000 so Paul could win $500,000? Why?

On another topic of Christmas. What is the extent of her injuries? Sometimes she is hobbling around in crutches. But when she was competing in one of the physical competition of running up and down a ramp gathering limes, it seemed like she had no problem.
The only reason I could see CBS maneuvering things to keep him around is because he has a loud personality and reality shows love to keep those types around. I can't really fault them for that because no one really expects a reality show competition to actually be fair. It's not exactly Jeopardy. As a big fan of MTV's The Challenge I can see CBS is using the same model as they do to keep around the loud mouth crap stirring houseguests. I think CBS wants their own Johnny Bananas (MTV's The Challenge). The only problem is MTV fills their cast with several loud mouths to make things interesting. CBS didn't place enough independent big mouths in the house to make it really interesting.

But because everyone is still tuning in, even if just to watch the trainwreck it's still giving them ratings and expect CBS to repeat what they are doing now. They will only learn if people don't watch. It's one thing to complain but it's not very productive to complain and keep watching. It's sending mixed messages to CBS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 09:51 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
I don't think that Paul played such a great game because he had several advantages coming in and throughout the game, and he is playing with a bunch of idiots. If he played the game with normal competitive contestants than he would not be able to act like a puppet master. Him going far in this game is akin to me winning a cross country race in the Special Olympics.
I agree. I don't think it's fair to everyone else. I can't stand him, and xmas is a real *****, I've noticed, now that some of the people have thinned out. I also think this is one of the best BB's I've seen, except I can't stand paul and his bossiness. How stupid is it that no one asks other people if they have an alliance with Paul, even though they suspect it. If I voted for fan fave, I would vote for Alex. Paul is so gross to me. Something about him is creepy. I think it's the fact that, IMO, his top half looks like a man, but his bottom half, with his tiny legs, looks like a little boy. And, he used to jump up and down, acting like a clown, talking about how great he is because the idiots believed him. I've noticed he's stopped that. I can't believe he has a girlfriend.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:39 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Can we start talking about who we all are going to vote for for America's Favorite Player?
Who are you all wanting to vote for? (Please don't say Cody - he was so unnecessarily awful to some of the others in his first weeks, and he had absolutely no social or strategic game.)
I don't usually vote for AFP. Most will disagree with me but if I did I would vote for Paul. He actually played the game and was the only really interesting player. I did not say likable.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:08 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
I'm pinning my hopes on Jason taking a long, fermented, powerful leak in the jury pool. If I were him, my one goal would be to remind everyone how much Paul would laugh at them once he got the money. Fiendship! I hope for Kevin to somehow make it to the end, then win.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:53 AM

6,373 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I'm pinning my hopes on Jason taking a long, fermented, powerful leak in the jury pool. If I were him, my one goal would be to remind everyone how much Paul would laugh at them once he got the money. Fiendship! I hope for Kevin to somehow make it to the end, then win.
I don't think Jason will have that hard of a time with the majority of folks already in jury. Cody, Mark, and Elena already know Paul is the snake.. Matt and Raven are too stupid to matter. Assuming Alex gets there next she may take some persuading but if anyone could make her see the light it would be Jason...especially without Paul there.

The question seems to be will the people that Paul brainwashed and/or screwed over view that as a respectable form of gameplay and give him the vote based on that....or will they want to stick it to him and vote for whoever he's up against.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:24 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times
Spoilers on reddit are saying that the comp Paul won last night was the same comp Paul won during last seasons Final 4 HOH. How convenient if true.

Old 09-13-2017, 09:28 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Reddit has it that:
*Alex got evicted (as planned)
*the vote to evict Alex was split, making HOH Josh break the tie to send Alex out
*Paul won HOH (of course)
*the HOH comp was the same F4 comp Paul won last year (shocker)

Paul advances automatically to Final 3 by winning Final 4 HOH. Next target in line, is Kevin so we should see a Josh/Christmas/Paul Final 3..although I wouldn't doubt it if Paul switched gears and wanted Josh out instead of Kevin. We'll see. It's still anybody's game. This week, the Veto Winner has all the power, not the HOH. The only thing winning HOH this week does, is advance that player to Final 3.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:54 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times
I can't remember, is this the only HoH that Paul has won?

Old 09-13-2017, 12:41 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I can't remember, is this the only HoH that Paul has won?
No, he won HOH during week 2, it was the competition where they had to find tickets and roll a ball down a path into a target, however this comp was thrown to Paul with many of the HG giving him their tickets. He also won HOH during week 5, but I can't recall if it was a legitimate win or if it was thrown to him.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:15 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
So many HOHs have been thrown this season that winning them is meaningless as an indicator of gameplay this year. I hope Wiffle-Nuts has the sense to inculcate that in the jury, so that any claim of competition dominance is brutally parried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV