U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 08:45 AM

21,431 posts, read 18,144,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
...but best finale ever!
Without a doubt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 01:47 PM

970 posts, read 329,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I, too, liked how the votes fell Paul thought he had it in the bag---too bad, too sad.

Much as I didn't want Cody to win AFP, I think that the least he could have said was "Thank you, America!" I remember Janelle saying just that and found myself wishing that all AFP players could have at least expressed their thanks.
I think he was in shock that he won. And as we all know, Cody was waaay over this game as soon as he exited the house and he certainly didnt want to spend any time in the jury house with people he dispised. I'm sure Paul is wondering "how the F did Cody get AFP? along with 'How the F did I lose?" Seeing him on the verge of tears when he knew he was going to lose made this season worth it.

Old 09-22-2017, 02:00 PM

1,685 posts, read 3,528,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
I think he was in shock that he won. And as we all know, Cody was waaay over this game as soon as he exited the house and he certainly didnt want to spend any time in the jury house with people he dispised. I'm sure Paul is wondering "how the F did Cody get AFP? along with 'How the F did I lose?" Seeing him on the verge of tears when he knew he was going to lose made this season worth it.
Yeah, Paul looked all pastey-white and wobbly standing there at the end. I thought he was going to throw-up!!

Old 09-23-2017, 12:02 AM

970 posts, read 329,883 times
Maybe he did and thats why it took him so long to come out of the house and onto the stage. I want to read some stories on how he is dealing with losing a second time. I also want to see if any of those houseguests who bullied are getting any blowback i.e. friends, neighbors, jobs. Definitely curious to hear what Kevin's reaction was when he finally found out what Jason said about his daughters/wife? I cant imagine anyone forgiving someone over that disgusting comment. How he got votes for AFP is mind blowing.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:10 AM

1,814 posts, read 978,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I, too, liked how the votes fell Paul thought he had it in the bag---too bad, too sad.

Much as I didn't want Cody to win AFP, I think that the least he could have said was "Thank you, America!" I remember Janelle saying just that and found myself wishing that all AFP players could have at least expressed their thanks.
I was pulling for Cody when he was in the house, partly because most everyone else behaved so poorly towards him and Jessica, but after he was voted out and was answering questions (not with Julie Chen), he was asked if he had anything to say to his fans. His answer was he didn't know why he'd have fans, he just hoped some Marine infantrymen would be high fiving each other for him getting the girl. At the time I felt maybe it was social awkwardness on his part, but it came across as dismissive of his fans. So when he didn't have anything to say to those that voted for him to become AFP it came across as somewhat unappreciative. But again, he may have trouble expressing himself in that way, or a little shy.

The first day I voted I gave 18 of my 20 votes to him, but changed it up after that. I thought, how can I vote for someone who blindsided his alliance early in the game by targeting one of them without telling the others, threw Mark and Dominique under the bus before he left the house the first time, and was voted out twice? After the first day's vote I started voting for Mark. It was for America's Favorite Player, not the best. I appreciated the fact he refused to get involved in the bullying and let the others know later what he thought of it. He also stayed close by in case things got physical. And he had conversations with Jason to try and get Paul out.

If anyone from this season deserves a 2nd shot at being on the show I think it's Mark. Arguments could be made for Cameron, Jillian, Ramses, Dominique and Jessica, but I'd rather see Mark get a 2nd shot if anyone does.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:46 PM
HDL
Status: "Here's to finding common ground" (set 28 days ago)

3,090 posts, read 5,854,592 times
I have to agree with what I've been reading on the internet. That it's not really fair to have returning guests (I will save the term 'vets' for those that deserve it ). It's an unfair advantage that has led in seasons past for that person to either win $500K or to be a part of the final 2, winning $50K.

I would love to see Mark and/or possibly Elena on something like TAR or Survivor or some new reality show that involves quite a bit of physical endurance. I really don't think that Mark can handle the BB house again (jmho )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
snip snip
If anyone from this season deserves a 2nd shot at being on the show I think it's Mark. Arguments could be made for Cameron, Jillian, Ramses, Dominique and Jessica, but I'd rather see Mark get a 2nd shot if anyone does.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:25 AM

6,564 posts, read 11,880,039 times
I think it's hilarious Cody didn't thank America. He just utterly refused to follow the script except, presumably, where it was pointed out to him that his contract required this or that. For example, the jury house scenes where he at first did not plan to participate--I'm sure it was pointed out to him that not doing so would cost him a lot of money. Okay, he thought, you can make me be in this, but you can't make me act like I care. And he didn't. When he was first in power in the house I loathed him. By the end, I thought he was great.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:33 PM

278 posts, read 153,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
...but best finale ever!
Yep

The look on Paul's face when he realized that he was going to loose, yet again, Priceless
Yay, for Cody

Sorry, I was late to the party, I was away!

Fun chatting with you guys

Old 09-25-2017, 10:54 PM
HDL

At the end of the show's finale on Wednesday night, here's what happened between Josh and Cody -

https://www.inquisitr.com/4518073/bb...season-finale/

Josh told Us Weekly he was surprised Cody approached him at the live Big Brother 19 finale, calling it “so crazy.” He said Cody shook his hand and congratulated him on taking home the $500,000 grand prize. Josh said the move was totally unexpected and noted that Cody said, “I apologize. It was just a part of the game.”

Josh informed Us Weekly that he returned the favor and also apologized to Cody, who shocked Josh even more by then walking over to Josh’s family and giving them an apology as well. Cody reportedly said the following to Josh’s family. “I apologize. It was just a game move and just a show. If I hurt you guys I’m so sorry.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
I think it's hilarious Cody didn't thank America. He just utterly refused to follow the script except, presumably, where it was pointed out to him that his contract required this or that. For example, the jury house scenes where he at first did not plan to participate--I'm sure it was pointed out to him that not doing so would cost him a lot of money. Okay, he thought, you can make me be in this, but you can't make me act like I care. And he didn't. When he was first in power in the house I loathed him. By the end, I thought he was great.

Last edited by HDL; 09-25-2017 at 11:10 PM..

Old 09-25-2017, 11:08 PM
HDL

Talking The Cougar speaks

Christmas Abbott: I'm interested in dating Paul Abrahamian outside the 'Big Brother' house - Reality TV World

Paul said no when asked after the show about him and Christmas having a relationship, but it will be interesting to see if his NO becomes a YES !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV