U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 01:48 PM

15,092 posts, read 19,732,985 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's just my age, but I do not and have never understood the love for The Mary Tyler Moore show. Canned laughter and manufactured punchlines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 01:56 PM

7,152 posts, read 7,591,750 times
I dont get how folks call "Breaking Bad" the best ending, though I dont know why they call it the best show ever either. I felt like from the minute Walter was diagnosed we knew how it would end. It was just a matter of how we got there

Old 07-06-2017, 02:26 PM

20,299 posts, read 15,651,035 times
Best series endings for me:
Frasier
Haven
Eureka
Worst series endings:
Roseanne
Seinfeld

Old 07-06-2017, 02:50 PM

1,498 posts, read 1,512,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I dont get how folks call "Breaking Bad" the best ending, though I dont know why they call it the best show ever either. I felt like from the minute Walter was diagnosed we knew how it would end. It was just a matter of how we got there
Agreed to an extent. I also never liked Walter. I think I liked everyone else but him on the show. I was mostly happy for Jesse in the end.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:50 PM

3,404 posts, read 4,141,016 times
Best ending -Better call Saul

Old 07-06-2017, 04:09 PM

7,152 posts, read 7,591,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
Best ending -Better call Saul
Better Call Saul hasnt ended yet.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:24 PM

3,101 posts, read 1,469,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Best: ...The Bob Newhart Show (the one with the bed and breakfast)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
OMG, yes! That was the best ending of all!
The Newhart finale was so awesome! Did you know it was Bob Newhart's wife who came up with the idea?

Old 07-06-2017, 08:20 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,016,298 times
Quote:
As they say.. It's often not the destination, but the journey.. And BB was one hell of a journey. But.. The ending was very satisfying. I tend to agree that we knew the basics of the ending.. It was only going one of about three ways..

A) Walt is arrested
B) Walt is killed
C) Walt dies from cancer

Or, some combination of the three above. But everything that happened in between really added to the finale. The interaction between Walt and Jesse, Walt and Mike, Walt and Gus.. That chess game of interaction between Walt and Gus was great TV.

Plus, the show ended at the perfect time. There's a litany of shows that went on too long.. A handful that didn't go on long enough. Fawlty Towers is the classic example of this. Though, it's possible it went off at the perfect time.

Felina was like a final thank you to the fans of the show.

Now flip side.. Soprano's finale.. We knew from the start of that show how it would end.. About the same three choices for Tony. But that finale has FAR less love.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Better Call Saul hasnt ended yet.
Did you hear it when it went over?

Old 07-06-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
As they say.. It's often not the destination, but the journey.. And BB was one hell of a journey. But.. The ending was very satisfying. I tend to agree that we knew the basics of the ending.. It was only going one of about three ways..

A) Walt is arrested
B) Walt is killed
C) Walt dies from cancer

Or, some combination of the three above. But everything that happened in between really added to the finale. The interaction between Walt and Jesse, Walt and Mike, Walt and Gus.. That chess game of interaction between Walt and Gus was great TV.

Kinda Like Better call Saul, as we already know the end- its all about the Journey. Thus why I said Better call Saul as a Great ending as it is basically the beginning to Breaking Bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV