U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 09:50 AM

2,491 posts, read 1,252,060 times

Advertisements

I have to say that for Six Feet Under, when I watched it all the seasons were already out. All I heard was how great the ending was so, that is the main reason why I watched it!

I encourage anyone who's looking for something unique to watch it. That ending just took my breath away and hands down one of the most satisfying endings ever. I can't say enough great things about that show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 04:55 PM

6,846 posts, read 12,392,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I don't know how True Blood ended, couldn't continue watching after the 3rd season started. Also hated how the books ended.
I had to scrub my mind of the way the books ended and just create my own ending. After reading all those books and loving all the characters I just couldn't let it end like that for me. I've lost all faith in the writer and will never bother to see if she continues to write. I've moved on to much better supernatural series that actually gave the readers what they wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
This! True Blood started off so strong, the first few seasons were great. Then it just went off the rails. Not typical for HBO, I don't know what happened. But the final few seasons were borderline unbearable. I only watched to the end because I had so much time invested.

LOST. Holy crap, what a failure. LOST had the potential to be my favorite television series of all-time. It was awesome. But the writers strike hit in 2010 (I think?) and destroyed it. The ending was the biggest cop out I can remember. So bad.
The last few seasons became a chore to watch. With a show with so many characters I know it's difficult to give the viewers the exact ending that they want but they didn't even come close to satisfying anyone.

Old 07-07-2017, 05:26 PM

494 posts, read 333,284 times
I have always loved the Dawson's Creek ending. It wasn't even a show I watched regularly, but I liked the end.

I liked the ending of Charmed. I was satisfied with the ending of Buffy. I am struggling to remember the endings of most shows, so they must not have been either great or horrible.

How I Met Your Mother was the worst. I know some have gotten over it, but it was the worst.
Spoiler
A season spent on a wedding that led to a divorce in 15 minutes. 8 seasons leading up to the Mother and then they kill her off, only to get Ted back with Robin.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:53 PM

7,549 posts, read 7,974,415 times
Best of the Best-Six Feet Under
Best (in no particular order)-The Bob Newhart Show
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Frasier
Friday Night Lights (finally gave the audience all the closure that everyone wanted)
E.R.-pretty good ending, at least gave closure for Ross and Carol
The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson
Upstairs Downstairs (original version)

Liked the idea of the Coke commercial in Mad Men, but I am not a fan of ambiguous endings.

Did not like St. Elsewhere-agreed I felt cheated and it really made no sense that this is what a young autistic boy was thinking

Seinfeld-hated that ending

The Sopranos

Not too fond with the ending for That Girl either, but it reflected Marlo Thomas's wishes and the times.

I am another J.J. Abrams hater, although I liked Person of Interest. I won't forgive him for what he did to Star Trek.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:46 PM

8,144 posts, read 5,998,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Best of the Best-Six Feet Under
E.R.-pretty good ending, at least gave closure for Ross and Carol
The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson

Liked the idea of the Coke commercial in Mad Men, but I am not a fan of ambiguous endings.

I am another J.J. Abrams hater, although I liked Person of Interest. I won't forgive him for what he did to Star Trek.
Just kept the ones here that I'm familiar with..

I vaguely remember the ending to ER.. So.. That should tell you my thoughts on it.. I didn't find it BAD.. It just wasn't exceptional in any real way. I barely even recall.. Doug and Carol were working on getting an organ for someone in Chicago, right? But they never knew who it was for.. It was for Noah Wylie's character?

Forgot all about Carson.. That was a pretty good finale.. The last 5 minutes or so.. That whole last week was real good. I half expected Letterman to finish up with "And so it has come to this..".. Letterman had a decent final show. I really liked his interaction with his kid.. It was a little bit clip-heavy, but.. I really liked the last 5 minutes or so with Foo Fighters playing over the clips.

Was not a fan of Mad Men.. The finale or the show overall.. It was.. I've said this before.. I kept watching thinking "This show is about to get good" and it NEVER DID.

With you on Star Trek. I would have been fine if he had continued it.. New ship, new crew.. Hell, he could have created a new ship in Kirk's timeline.. Fine with that.. To take 40 years of history and wad it up and tell the fans "Yeah, that never happened".. Spit in the face.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:00 PM

35 posts, read 14,293 times
The X-Files. A masterpiece in television, but my cat could have written the final episode. The last few episodes were terrible, actually. So disappointing.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:23 PM

6,494 posts, read 2,236,855 times
Recently watched The Night Manager, now that was some ENDING!

Old 07-07-2017, 10:25 PM

6,274 posts, read 3,571,701 times
My favorite ending ever was Six Feet Under. Hand down, best I have ever seen.
Worst I think was Dexter. I loved both shows....just didn't care for how they ended Dexter.

I thought Breaking Bad's ending was also really really good. A lot of people didn't like the Soprano's ending, but I did.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:39 AM

3,819 posts, read 4,869,549 times
I agree with people- Dexter had a terrible ending.

I'll throw Parenthood out for one of the best. I cried so hard, but they did a great job.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:06 AM

7,549 posts, read 7,974,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Just kept the ones here that I'm familiar with..

I vaguely remember the ending to ER.. So.. That should tell you my thoughts on it.. I didn't find it BAD.. It just wasn't exceptional in any real way. I barely even recall.. Doug and Carol were working on getting an organ for someone in Chicago, right? But they never knew who it was for.. It was for Noah Wylie's character?

Forgot all about Carson.. That was a pretty good finale.. The last 5 minutes or so.. That whole last week was real good. I half expected Letterman to finish up with "And so it has come to this..".. Letterman had a decent final show. I really liked his interaction with his kid.. It was a little bit clip-heavy, but.. I really liked the last 5 minutes or so with Foo Fighters playing over the clips.

Was not a fan of Mad Men.. The finale or the show overall.. It was.. I've said this before.. I kept watching thinking "This show is about to get good" and it NEVER DID.

With you on Star Trek. I would have been fine if he had continued it.. New ship, new crew.. Hell, he could have created a new ship in Kirk's timeline.. Fine with that.. To take 40 years of history and wad it up and tell the fans "Yeah, that never happened".. Spit in the face.
Agree with you about Star Trek. That would have been fine with me too

I vaguely remember the episode that you described, but that was not the series finale. George Clooney had already left the show as did Julianna Margulies. The last scene was Carol deciding that she, at last would marry the love of her life and she would move to the west coast. After she moves, we see her walking towards a man and he turns around revealing George Clooney. George Clooney did not speak or appear anywhere else in the episode. I also have not seen this episode since it aired, but I remember this part. It could probably be found on Youtube somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV