U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 09:17 PM

19,031 posts, read 10,686,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
You mean like the other day when everybody who watches it online was complaining about the feed going out while I watched it on my big screen with no problems?

I looked into switching from cable but by the time I would have to purchase piecemeal everything for all the shows I want to watch plus standalone Internet, it was going to be close to what I'm already paying for cable. Not to mention the convenience of DVR. If I feel the need to cut costs, I will cut something else if that time ever comes.
I costed it out to go completely cordless and it was way cheaper. Satellite and cable can go out sometimes too...so if you have lag issues with a computer occasionally it is the same thing.

BUT....I will repeat what I said.

I called Direct TV to talk about cutting the cord...and they discounted my plan, etc. We now only have one tv instead of three hooked up to the satellite dish -- the others are for streaming/casting.

With the antennae I get local channels.

Direct TV is now offering a 'streaming' package that will allow us to have access to their Center Ice, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 01:37 AM

11,019 posts, read 6,570,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Amazon charges for the subscriptions to HBO, etc. but it is a little cheaper than I was paying through the satellite company.
Hulu is also going to start offering HBO for an additional cost. Its $14.99 extra, which is the same as HBO Now, but I guess it could be nice for the convenience of not having to switch between apps.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:51 AM

7,939 posts, read 3,930,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I was paying $40 for internet when I had Spectrum. They kept trying to overcharge me, so I canceled my service after a year and switched to AT&T, where I am paying $35 a month. AT&T had a free installation/ free wireless modem deal when I signed up, so it didn't cost me anything to switch. Have you looked around at other internet providers or even called Spectrum to see if they have any current internet only promotions?

When I canceled with Spectrum, they were willing to price match AT&T in order for me to stay. I had AT&T in the past, and never had a billing issue or a problem with their customer service, so I had already made up my mind to switch no matter what.

Yep, I checked, Spectrum is the only broadband internet provider in my area. I could get crappy DSL from Century Link, but it sucks, and I hated their hidden and always varying charges when I had my phone and DSL through them before so dumped them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or