U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 06:38 AM

1,140 posts, read 439,474 times

Advertisements

I really like it. Jessie and Tina are a little dull but I like learning about the different periods of architecture. The vintage work they do sets it apart from all the other flipping shows IMO. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 02:21 PM

3,810 posts, read 3,704,692 times
If you like vintage flipping shows, the DIY channel beats the socks off any of the HGTV couples. There's this super intense guy from Sacramento CA that has a show that does vintage flips. He rules.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:38 PM

42,203 posts, read 49,753,916 times
We saw 2 episodes.

Worst actors ever.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
If you like vintage flipping shows, the DIY channel beats the socks off any of the HGTV couples. There's this super intense guy from Sacramento CA that has a show that does vintage flips. He rules.
Oh I'd love to see that. Do you know the name of the show or the guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
We saw 2 episodes.

Worst actors ever.
Actors? Are you saying it's not real?

Old 07-13-2017, 06:55 AM

2,502 posts, read 992,842 times
There are so many house flipping shows on now it's flipping ridiculous. Every flipping town has it's own flipping flippers.

I haven't seen this one yet. There are only a couple I still like as most of them are repetitious and kind of boring.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:18 PM

42,203 posts, read 49,753,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post

Actors? Are you saying it's not real?
None of them are 'real.' But this one is particularly bad bc you can tell the scripted parts by the way the couple talks.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
None of them are 'real.' But this one is particularly bad bc you can tell the scripted parts by the way the couple talks.
I guess when I say "real" I wonder if Jessie really is a contractor/realtor or is he just an actor pretending to be one? (Tina doesn't have an official occupation in the industry as far as I'm aware.) I also wonder do he and Tina really know all of this stuff about architecture and design, or does HGTV have knowledgeable people feeding them the info. If these parts are all real, then it wouldn't be that bad.
You may have just meant not real in the sense that they're being told what to say and how to react. That wouldn't really surprise me or disappoint me that much if the acting were better. I watched another episode today and it did seem like bad acting.

Last edited by PGH423; 07-13-2017 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: Fixing a few typos

Old 07-14-2017, 01:46 PM

3,810 posts, read 3,704,692 times
Quote:
Just found it - Restored with Brett Waterman. A contractor guy runs around in a cowboy hat and shorts and restores all these old homes. He's a trip.

Nashville Flip is also a guy who flips/restores older homes, but it's more conventional than Restored.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:24 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 1,790,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post
I really like it. Jessie and Tina are a little dull but I like learning about the different periods of architecture. The vintage work they do sets it apart from all the other flipping shows IMO. What do you think?
I like it too.

I do like the work they do. Part renovation, part restoration with more emphasis on restoration.

As someone said, it does seem scripted at times but it's still a fairly young show. They may find a more natural flow in time.

I love the beginning where the dad gives the older a son a kiss on the cheek and the son immediately kisses mom. So natural that you know those kids are loved.

Old 07-18-2017, 03:01 AM

3,123 posts, read 1,217,954 times
I've seen only one episode of Vintage Flip, and seen it twice. It might be on opposite something else I'm recording, so I only get it once in a while.

I like Home Town on HGTV, but it seems to have wandered off after just a few episodes.

I heartily dislike several of the other Flip couples.

I don't get DIY network.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV