U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2017, 09:16 AM

33,949 posts, read 32,406,129 times

Advertisements

Will the one twin quit when the other goes home? I keep thinking they pick some people for this show because they are obnoxious.

I remember Kenley (Season 5) as the "Most Obnoxious" but she made beautiful clothes.

I like Batani-Khalfani's clothes best from this season and she has a decent personality.

I hate team challenges more than the designers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 10:39 AM

2,861 posts, read 6,260,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Yes, his little bloomers made me laugh. Don't know why they had to be sheer, though.

Fashion is supposed to be knowing your true self, and expressing that true self through what you wear.

Aaron's personal clothing and designs do stay pretty true to who he feels he is right now. So, more power to him!
I agree that Aaron should wear what makes him happy, but his little see-through bloomers were unprofessional. You are standing in front of esteemed professionals showing your work and seeking their feedback. I think that is the time to dress like a fashion professional and wear something that isn't so revealing. I'd feel the same way if he was a girl wearing those bloomers with panties rather than tidy-whities showing.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:26 AM

2,703 posts, read 968,533 times
I also liked Michael's look while thinking the spaghetti strap around the neck will be worked out another way on the final production version.

I did like Shawn's look, which surprised me, but being honest, it was quite nice. The look from Nina Garcia might have related to her remark about tall and slender being her inspiration, and the fact that when she was on the bottom she was whining about her curvy model. What I think, after seeing 3 episodes, is that if she's voted off, Claire will go to bits and if Claire is voted off, Shawn will go on without her. Remember Claire crying like a baby with relief when Shawn was in the bottom and not voted off?

Old 09-10-2017, 05:58 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,630,265 times
Quote:
Yes, his little bloomers made me laugh. Don't know why they had to be sheer, though.

Fashion is supposed to be knowing your true self, and expressing that true self through what you wear.

Aaron's personal clothing and designs do stay pretty true to who he feels he is right now. So, more power to him!
I have zero problems with however someone chooses to express themselves. However, this particular outfit for this particular occasion was just an OMG moment for me. It was way to distracting.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:17 AM

5,799 posts, read 4,820,957 times
I do agree with all of you that the bloomers weren't a good professional choice. Seems as though many designers wear a working uniform of basic black. That's probably the best choice so as not to distract from one's designs. Unless the designer wants to be a "persona", or represent their designs on their own body, I guess. Aaron is very young - he'll learn what's best for him professionally in time.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:59 AM

7,843 posts, read 11,152,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Will the one twin quit when the other goes home? I keep thinking they pick some people for this show because they are obnoxious.

I remember Kenley (Season 5) as the "Most Obnoxious" but she made beautiful clothes.

I like Batani-Khalfani's clothes best from this season and she has a decent personality.

I hate team challenges more than the designers.
Up until this point it seemed very much that Claire's designs suffered from helping her more neurotic twin. But in this episode it looked like she got more help than the other way around and still her design looked sort of old, as has all of her stuff? So my impression of the twins so far is that Shawn can occasionally come up with a decent outfit but is so up and down and her stuff isn't that grea that its a big shrug to me, while Claire's are sort of steady but matronly.
If Shawn went home I would be interested in seeing if Claire gets more inventive without having to perhaps subconsciously take away from her sister whom she seems to support in many ways.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:12 AM

12,480 posts, read 14,380,132 times
Love reading everyone's feedback and opinions

Old 09-11-2017, 11:32 AM

3,814 posts, read 2,014,114 times
I cannot stand the twins. They just irritate me to no end. I cannot imagine having to share a work space with them. I'd lose my temper and go off on them. Kudos to the other designers for keeping their cool (so far).

I also don't think it is fair that the twins have each other for help. it's over stepping what this competition is. A little help here and there is fine, but constantly is NOT ok.

Old 09-11-2017, 12:24 PM

987 posts, read 398,868 times
Not saying it's never happened to me, but srsly Heidi, how often do you get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom? Might want to see a doctor about that....

Quote:
The design that won was very pretty, but that cord up by the neck could easily choke someone, I think. Guess we'll find out if Heidi gets sued by someone who buys it!
It's available online, only $200.

I wear a t-shirt & loose athletic pants (not sweatpants per se) for sleeping, so I probably wouldn't be comfortable in any of the nightgowns they designed. However I did like Batani, Kentaro, and Shawn's designs. Margarita's looked pretty comfortable actually, wonder if I can get that one somehow, lol.

Old 09-11-2017, 12:44 PM

14,313 posts, read 20,573,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I cannot stand the twins. They just irritate me to no end. I cannot imagine having to share a work space with them. I'd lose my temper and go off on them. Kudos to the other designers for keeping their cool (so far).

I also don't think it is fair that the twins have each other for help. it's over stepping what this competition is. A little help here and there is fine, but constantly is NOT ok.
The twins having each other is so beyond ridiculous. One of them needs to go quickly.

I don't get the winning look either. It was okay, I wasn't a huge fan. Especially the area around the neck! Baffling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or