Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 01:58 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,169 times

Advertisements

Hey Pippy- I recognize you, Giesela and N. Cal from previous PR threads.

By this time in August I am so sick of summer and lazy all the time. I hadn't kept up but caught the "Road to the Runway" segment yesterday. Kind of surprised that it is starting already, but glad for it anyway.

Actually I don't remember if I ever saw this preview for previous seasons and wonder if it has always aired. Based really on how the different personalities appealed to me, these are my favorites: Amy Bond, Batani, Kenya and Samantha. Those I am slightly negative on are Kentaro and Michael. But the twins- just no.

It will be interesting to see how using different sized models will play out. Not all, but some of the designers talked about draping and I am guessing that except for those who specifically mentioned it, most are used to draping for 0-2.

Looking forward to the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 02:19 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,732,889 times
I am so glad this thread got pushed up to the top! I set the DVR!

Old 08-17-2017, 03:39 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,784,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
Hey Pippy- I recognize you, Giesela and N. Cal from previous PR threads.

By this time in August I am so sick of summer and lazy all the time. I hadn't kept up but caught the "Road to the Runway" segment yesterday. Kind of surprised that it is starting already, but glad for it anyway.

Actually I don't remember if I ever saw this preview for previous seasons and wonder if it has always aired. Based really on how the different personalities appealed to me, these are my favorites: Amy Bond, Batani, Kenya and Samantha. Those I am slightly negative on are Kentaro and Michael. But the twins- just no.

It will be interesting to see how using different sized models will play out. Not all, but some of the designers talked about draping and I am guessing that except for those who specifically mentioned it, most are used to draping for 0-2.

Looking forward to the season.
Hi Alinka!! Yes, they have the preview to the runway each year. I didn't watch it this year though.
Excited for the new season with all my PR friends!!

Old 08-17-2017, 10:31 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,382,910 times
YAY Project Runway is back. I checked back in to C-D to see if there was a thread yet. I have only seen the preview, and not any of the first episodes yet.

I am excited to see how this season goes. I like the idea of different sized models. I wonder if they will ever go back to letting the designers change their models like back in the Bravo days???

Sadly, I won't be able to watch until tomorrow or Saturday!!! oh the suspense.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:54 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,596,028 times
I like that they're again letting the models have more of a role in the show. That was how it was in the beginning, remember? I enjoyed hearing their thoughts about the designers and designs they wore.

I actually think the second to the bottom look should have gone home - that was awful!

Interesting group of people! There are too many for me to pick favorites or unfavorites yet. But that snooty design professor is going to get her comeuppance pretty soon - it's inevitable.

Yay for a new season of Project Runway!

Old 08-18-2017, 04:20 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,717,003 times
I liked all three of the top designs and any of them could have won with no problem. I also like how they're going to have to switch up models every time and that the models are getting a bit of a voice on the show. Remember the season they had an actual show about the models right after PR?

Agree about the snooty Professor. I don't like her already. And the twins - ��!!! They really need to go now. I thought it was pretty funny how they actually showed people making fun of the way they talk. They are just a little too pretentious.

There are a few people whose designs I really liked, and a of couple people, just from hearing their stories, whom I'm rooting for (the guy whose wife is having a baby any day, the gal who lived in a car for a while). Very happy that it's back.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:25 PM

278 posts, read 252,171 times
Great first show! I did not like the winning design at all! I thought the judges were going to trash it! For me it just looked like a Target dress, nothing special! There were a couple of other designs, that I thought were way better!

The right designer was sent home last night, though! That dress was just hideous!

Looking forward to next week!

Old 08-18-2017, 05:21 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,784,846 times
honestly how the hell did Cha Cha even get on the show? His spot could have been given to someone who deserved to be given a shot.
Those twins are annoying as SH*T

Old 08-18-2017, 05:46 PM

2,845 posts, read 4,515,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Wish Zac Posen was replaced. He brings nothing as far as I'm concerned.

i agree! gimme michael kors anyday

Old 08-18-2017, 09:54 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,175,541 times
I love the show, but IMHO there were quite a few designs that walked the runway that should have been thrown away! I'm so not in to fashion, so maybe that's why I surely didn't understand the guy who had only done men's wear, I thought it was butt ugly, right with ChaCha's, the other person's who was in the bottom 2, and a few others.

Would love to know what all the fuss was with the upcoming episodes where someone is cheating? Tim Gunn was very upset.

I can't stand the twins...they are annoying.

With all my complaints, I'll still be watching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV