U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2017, 05:34 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,729,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I wondered about that as well and could have sworn, on at least the first 2 shows of this season, it was mentioned that there was a TG save
Yes, it was mentioned in the first show. I was a little surprise he didn't use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 07:44 AM

4,537 posts, read 5,824,443 times
Last few shows HK hasn't even mentioned it was an option.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:22 AM

860 posts, read 439,537 times
Hmmm I was wondering a bit about the TG save as well cause I know Samantha had some fans here. I'm not a fan of the goth, black nail polish look myself so I wasn't too surprised though she's a very nice young woman.

And while I like Margarita, which I admit is in part based on looks her designs often have the San Juan or Miami Vice vibe that, while colorful, doesn't look high fashion to me, and can go costume. Also was very put off at her making excuses/blaming her model for the design.

So, I guess my favorites at this point are Michael, and Kentaro.

preview spoilers follow

Spoiler
Did anyone watch the preview of the next episode? It is 16 min long and shows a lot. In particular they have this odd process in picking teams of two. They hold up cards with two designers names on it to choose fabric, then draw to choose your team partner. But you are not allowed to choose the person who was on the same card with you! Seems fishy to me Kentaro got to pick first and chose his buddy Brandon for this menswear challenge ok...... but when Margarita went to pick. her friend Michael was on the same card as she was don't you know. And the twins were not on the same card so of course they chose each other. What a fix this was. I'm sure it would be unfair to anyone else to be paired with one of the twins as you would get a part time partner.

Old 09-24-2017, 10:23 PM

1,955 posts, read 3,626,274 times
I loved Kentaro's look, and was happy to see him win. It was definitely a cool look.

As for Brandon, I predict he won't last much longer. I have liked what he has done, but I feel that it all looks the same, and the judges are going to say its getting old.

And the Tim mentioning the Clare/Shawn thing was soooo anticlimactic. Its almost like why even mention it?!

Where is this 16 minute preview? I cannot even find the teaser preview on the website now.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:12 AM

860 posts, read 439,537 times
I don't know.... I've got my dvr set to record PR and sometimes after the episode airs there is recorded a preview of next weeks show. This is the first time I watched it Was surprised how long it was.

Just checked my dvr. Its called "First Look:No 1607" and it aired 1 hour after the current episode 11:30 here in CA on Lifetime.
Dave

Last edited by mauialoha; 09-25-2017 at 07:29 AM..

Old 09-25-2017, 10:30 AM

1,955 posts, read 3,626,274 times
Hmmm so weird! I don't have cable so I watch the show a few days later on amazon. They did show the preview but it was the usual brief snippet like 1-2 minutes.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:36 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,729,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Hmmm so weird! I don't have cable so I watch the show a few days later on amazon. They did show the preview but it was the usual brief snippet like 1-2 minutes.

It's only on cable.

And I think the fireworks happen in the episode where Yolanda Hadid Foster is the guest judge.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:40 PM

278 posts, read 153,096 times
No way in heck should Samantha have been sent home! Claire, should have been sent packing! Her outfit was hideous! she has consistently, sent bad stuff down the runway! She needs to be auf'ed next!

Old 09-25-2017, 02:28 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,253,833 times
I was crossing my fingers for a double elimination - one contestant who they felt like had the worst design and then a twin (any twin, pick one...) for too much helping/receiving help.

But since that didn't happen, I'm now crossing my fingers to a two twin double elimination next week!!!!! The only downside to that evil plan is that we wouldn't get to see one of them spin out of control when their co-dependent partner got the ax and they were left to fend for themselves.

Old 09-25-2017, 03:35 PM

724 posts, read 1,107,466 times
When I watch from home, I am watching on Comcast cable. Probably because I am in the Mountain Time Zone, the tv schedule can be weird. At 7, PR is listed as 90 minutes. That is followed by the preview other posters mentioned. I saw one for "good/evil" and one for the model clients. With that one, the preview stopped after the designers returned from Mood.

That is followed by a 60 minute version of PR and then it all repeats.

When I saw the model client epi at my friends' house it was through Direct TV. No preview segment at all.

Now I wonder if the schedule will change again. I don't know if it started last week or not, but commercials were showing some kind of hair/makeup show (?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or