U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2017, 04:22 PM
Her

287 posts, read 720,671 times

Advertisements

Haven't read the whole thread, but was wondering if anyone has predictions for the top 3? 8 think Kenya (my personal favorite) and Brandon will go to fashion week. I'd like to see kentaro make the top three, too.

I haven't been surprises by the eliminations thus far. I think Michael and Margarita are the next ones. I haven't been impressed by their designs (gahh I love this show and pretending to know anything about fashion). I'm also really curious to see if the twins can design something on their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 06:06 PM

30,509 posts, read 9,116,959 times
I'm sick of both of those twins. And I have to say, that model commenting that her designer (who ultimately went home) "didn't have anything ready when we came in" was tacky. That was highly inappropriate, and I'm not surprised no one responded to her.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:41 PM

3,816 posts, read 2,016,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I'm sick of both of those twins. And I have to say, that model commenting that her designer (who ultimately went home) "didn't have anything ready when we came in" was tacky. That was highly inappropriate, and I'm not surprised no one responded to her.
Why was it tacky? She's there to try on clothes and be fitted. There was nothing to try on. Tim responded. I think the models have every right to speak up about how these designers work.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:20 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,385,238 times
Can hardly wait to see Sean have a meltdown during their hour long head to head contest because I don't think Claire is going to jeopardize her time to aid and abet Sean.

Seriously thought Brandon and Kentaro had the winning looks this week. I would love that overcoat Brandon designed.

Has anyone else checked out JC Penney for the PR collection? Prices are really good.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:32 AM

30,509 posts, read 9,116,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Why was it tacky? She's there to try on clothes and be fitted. There was nothing to try on. Tim responded. I think the models have every right to speak up about how these designers work.

Tim isn't a judge--the judges didn't engage that idiot. Beyond that, surely, you jest. Either that, or this was the first episode of this show you've seen. Over the years, there have been beaucoups such delays, confusion, and much worse in the frenzied atmosphere of those fitting rooms.

Models "having a voice and comporting themselves professionally are not mutually exclusive.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:31 AM

3,816 posts, read 2,016,903 times
Quote:
Tim isn't a judge--the judges didn't engage that idiot. Beyond that, surely, you jest. Either that, or this was the first episode of this show you've seen. Over the years, there have been beaucoups such delays, confusion, and much worse in the frenzied atmosphere of those fitting rooms.

Models "having a voice and comporting themselves professionally are not mutually exclusive.
Not the first episode or season. I see nothing wrong with her speaking up in front of the judges. And so what if Tim isn't a judge...hE responded and validated what she said.

Old 09-29-2017, 05:17 AM

2,491 posts, read 1,255,114 times
Quote:

Wow you're being rather harsh! Are you calling Tim Gunn an idiot? He's probably one of the most endearing people on reality TV.

As for the model speaking up, they are given a platform to speak up this season. You may not like what she said but she spoke the truth! Those twins are a detriment to each other. I'd be worried too if I had nothing to try on. Can't wait for them to leave!

Old 09-29-2017, 05:41 AM

7,843 posts, read 11,154,564 times
I liked the winning look and winning team. 2nd place B and K was....ok. I don't know it was pretty floppy all around. I don't know about inspired by menswear, more like teenage skateboarders would wear that. I can't even remember the pants on the one, more skinny jeans? A girl might wear that, not sure about the cargo kulotts.

I thought the judges were sort of harsh on Kenya and Amy with the whole old and stewardess thing. That blue thing with the low neck is nothing like any stewardess I ever saw and they couldn't pick their fabric. Not that I liked it, just saying. I thought Kenya's was kind of nice. I mean, don't most men's suits look like Pilots suits without the gold buttons and chevrons? Was a little surprised that Amy went belly up to Kenya. I didn't get the impression that Kenya was being a hard partner to work with and while I like Kenya her designs have been only moderately successful to my eye. Really big of her to say she would go home. Kenya has so much more riding on this. So I have really warmed to Amy since that was hugely big of her.

I wonder if this will be PR's last season. Like there are not truly creative designers out there left and so they are relying on gimmicks like the twins.

This will be remembered as the season of the twins. The rest of it has been pretty boring. I think Shawn creates and Claire sews. Shawn will melt down, throw something drapey on her dress form at the last minute and win. Claire will produce an actual normal garment but it will be a very normal old boring garment.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:19 AM

987 posts, read 398,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I liked the winning look and winning team. 2nd place B and K was....ok. I don't know it was pretty floppy all around. I don't know about inspired by menswear, more like teenage skateboarders would wear that. I can't even remember the pants on the one, more skinny jeans? A girl might wear that, not sure about the cargo kulotts.
Agree. I loved both of those dresses, esp the one everyone was gushing about. I would wear either one of those.

I also agree that B & K was OK. They seem to be the golden boys... if any other team had produced that look, I think "it's the most cohesive" (Zac's comment) would have been "it's too match-y match-y, not enough variation between the two looks, juvenile".

Quote:
I thought the judges were sort of harsh on Kenya and Amy with the whole old and stewardess thing. That blue thing with the low neck is nothing like any stewardess I ever saw and they couldn't pick their fabric. Not that I liked it, just saying. I thought Kenya's was kind of nice. I mean, don't most men's suits look like Pilots suits without the gold buttons and chevrons? Was a little surprised that Amy went belly up to Kenya. I didn't get the impression that Kenya was being a hard partner to work with and while I like Kenya her designs have been only moderately successful to my eye. Really big of her to say she would go home. Kenya has so much more riding on this. So I have really warmed to Amy since that was hugely big of her.
I liked Kenya's look - I would buy something like that - but I don't think it was fashion forward in the way that is expected on PR.

Quote:
I wonder if this will be PR's last season. Like there are not truly creative designers out there left and so they are relying on gimmicks like the twins.
I hope not, but agree that the designs are becoming increasingly uninspiring.

Quote:
This will be remembered as the season of the twins. The rest of it has been pretty boring. I think Shawn creates and Claire sews. Shawn will melt down, throw something drapey on her dress form at the last minute and win. Claire will produce an actual normal garment but it will be a very normal old boring garment.
I'm intrigued to see what happens but I suspect you are right.

Old 09-29-2017, 07:36 AM

14,323 posts, read 20,579,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Wow you're being rather harsh! Are you calling Tim Gunn an idiot? He's probably one of the most endearing people on reality TV.

As for the model speaking up, they are given a platform to speak up this season. You may not like what she said but she spoke the truth! Those twins are a detriment to each other. I'd be worried too if I had nothing to try on. Can't wait for them to leave!
Exactly!! I am not understanding delahanty are you calling Tim an idiot? The models were given the platform to speak up, how is that tacky?

I agree it will be the season of the twins which is disappointing. I find them very boring and not creative at all. It will be interesting to see when one of them goes home if the other thrives and impresses us.

I loved the winning dress! Absolutely stunning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or