U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2017, 01:00 AM

32,011 posts, read 17,280,245 times

Advertisements

I was surprised the boys (Kintaro/Brandon) didn't win the last challenge.

I rarely agree with the judges though, so no surprise there.

I laughed when the twins went head to bald head! . I actually yelled when they announced the girls would go one on one.

Kintaro is also my favorite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 09:28 AM

3,817 posts, read 2,016,903 times
Out of all the outfits, I liked Claire's the best and then Kentaro's. I am tired of the stupid drama. Sometimes I just want to watch a good ol competition and nothing else. This is why I grow tired of tv in general.

Sadly, if this crap keeps up, I'll move on to something else.

That said, this was Batani's competition to win and she completely missed the mark. She has done some amazing things with patterns and I'm surprised she didn't shine in this challenge. Kenya made the worst outfit ever. What the hell was she thinking?! It was horrible! Was not the least bit flattering to her model. It was gross.

Old 10-09-2017, 04:52 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,347,152 times
So, they make up fake drama, while the real drama is now fired executive producer Harvey Weinstein, husband to the lovely Georgina Chapman. I hope his disgusting behavior and exit doesn't hurt Project Runway. It really is one of my favorite shows.

Harassment allegations could hurt Harvey Weinstein’s wife, too | Page Six

Old 10-09-2017, 09:51 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,630,922 times
I am so so tired of this seemingly manufactured drama. I don't remember how long it took for it to come out that the designer in one of the seasons of project runway when it was on Bravo was using pattern books.

I think in this case its leading up to letting us believe that Clare somehow is "cheating". But I think its going to go more the way of Gretchen and Ivy vs. Michael C., where Tim told them all to knock it off (similar to how it seems to go down in this weeks episode), and Clare will be "vindicated". She really should have been aufed weeks ago. Aside from this week, which IMO her look was marginal at best (even by the judges), her stuff has been pedestrian, definitely not fashion, and poorly done. And even poorly done is often excused by the judges as long as there is taste, style and unique design elements to it.

Also, the who sister head to head thing was so beyond ridiculous. All the crying and how can I compete against my sister. FFS, what did they think they were going to be doing when they signed on for the show?

I know this is the PR producers way of getting people to talk about the show, and I guess it is working. Because here we all are. I guess it doesnt matter, really, they get the attention for the show as long as people are talking regardless of if it is positive or negative.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:18 AM

2,862 posts, read 6,261,642 times
Oh good grief! I just wasted an hour of my life watching that episode. I can't stand those twins and was hopeful that with one of them gone we'd cut our twin experience by half, but it didn't work that way. Clare Hair got Shawn Shaved extra TV minutes!

And if the big scandal is that Clare was measuring her pants with a measuring tape back at the hotel that is the tamest scandal in the history of the show. Do you really think that no one has ever thought to measure their own pants before? Crazy.

All the fake expression shots which are probably recorded separately and edited in are distracting. I can just imagine a producer saying "Zac show me a disappointed face. OK - now show me a pleasantly surprised face".

I'll keep watching, but I'll also keep rolling my eyes.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:25 AM

3,103 posts, read 1,471,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
The twins also did styles done by the other designers.
Personally, I think both are a plant by Heidi and the producers..of which she is one. Ratings, you know.
100 %

Old 10-10-2017, 09:33 PM

Well, this clip about confirms it. Claire will be vindicated, and we all try to "move on" https://www.facebook.com/projectrunway/

I think Claire is a terrible designer, but its looking more and more like she will end up in the top.

blech.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:25 AM

12,480 posts, read 14,385,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Well, this clip about confirms it. Claire will be vindicated, and we all try to "move on" https://www.facebook.com/projectrunway/

I think Claire is a terrible designer, but its looking more and more like she will end up in the top.

blech.
what part are you referring to??? I didn't see anything to indicate Claire was even still there

Old 10-12-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
what part are you referring to??? I didn't see anything to indicate Claire was even still there
There is a chance I am wrong. I guess, I am reading between the lines in terms of how it was edited. They show a close up of Clare, and Tim questioning her. Margarite seeming all apologetic in her interview.

Heidi saying can we all move on now - and to me that seems to be going in the direction, nothing nefarious happened/nothing to see here, so can we please just all move on and get past this.\

Guess we will find out for sure tonight, but I do hope the twin thing is all done. It has been an annoying distraction to the format that I had enjoyed in PR seasons in the past.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:01 PM

30,510 posts, read 9,123,268 times
IMO, neither of those annoying twins was ever going to get the boot on that episode. It's all contrived drama.

I'm getting sick of some of those judges, too. And is there a problem with the lighting in that place? What's up with the notecard visor pose? It's as if they can't see without shielding their eyes. First it was Nina, then, Zac, then Heidi.

And that silly little man, Zac, trying too hard to inject humor in his critiques. Although I did laugh when he commented about one of the twins' creations that The world doesn't need this--complete with flustered hand flourish lol. I'm sick of Nina, too, and her stale comments about "cohesion," and "points of view," and her inevitable "vagina" comments.

That's when I miss Michael Kors. Who else could come up with a critique that someone's design makes the model look like she's pooping fabric? My favorite was when he said that one model was wearing a design so disheveled it looked like she was running out of a beauty salon that caught fire.

Now those observations, I miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or