U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 09:36 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,371,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
IMO, neither of those annoying twins was ever going to get the boot on that episode. It's all contrived drama.

I'm getting sick of some of those judges, too. And is there a problem with the lighting in that place? What's up with the notecard visor pose? It's as if they can't see without shielding their eyes. First it was Nina, then, Zac, then Heidi.

And that silly little man, Zac, trying too hard to inject humor in his critiques. Although I did laugh when he commented about one of the twins' creations that The world doesn't need this--complete with flustered hand flourish lol. I'm sick of Nina, too, and her stale comments about "cohesion," and "points of view," and her inevitable "vagina" comments.

That's when I miss Michael Kors. Who else could come up with a critique that someone's design makes the model look like she's pooping fabric? My favorite was when he said that one model was wearing a design so disheveled it looked like she was running out of a beauty salon that caught fire.

Now those observations, I miss.

Wish you and I had made a bet about the twins staying/going!!!

Clair thought she getting away with something. Man they aren't even allowed pen,pencil or paper in their rooms

So glad they stuck to the rules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 10:42 PM

5,799 posts, read 4,814,549 times
None of what was made in the epi tonight seemed particularly avant-garde to me. Where were the comments about "costumes" v fashion?

And though the show has has always included product endorsement and placement, it seemed really excessive to me tonight.

Although I liked Brandon's look, the little girl who wanted chocolate chocolate everywhere surely must have been disappointed.

I'm sorry that Amy is gone - she had made some interesting stuff. But I kept thinking tonight that she looked exactly like TinTin, which was distracting.

I want to see something really breathtakingly gorgeous next week!

(and re Georgina Chapman, who judges often, I've always thought that she only married Harvey Weinsten for his money and power. He's spectacularly ugly, and she surely had to know how creepy he was. She has children with him, ick!)

Old 10-13-2017, 01:13 AM

668 posts, read 240,666 times
Tonights show was meh, as usual. Their ideas of fashion are just flat out ugly. That pink blob was ridiculous. And I am totally sick of the judges. Maybe I am just getting burned out looking at ugly stuff and fake snooty judges.

With that said...glad the last twin is gone. She always spoke like she was eating a lemon. Awful casting, but I think it was planned in advance to make the show "more interesting". Um. Nothing is going to make it more interesting until they get new judges instead of the same o same o.

Old 10-13-2017, 03:21 AM

2,208 posts, read 3,502,217 times
I’m almost there with you Gracie! Maybe it’s me but the talent pool seems to be reaching closer and closer to the bottom of the barrel with each passing season. Disco ball was not good.

One-trick-Brandon. His look was not good either, hahaha I just kept laughing, oh dear.

Amy is a teacher? I dislike the school system just a little bit more. Her dress was awful. It looked like the model walked outside on a windy day and her dress flew up and wrap around her neck and only mere seconds later to be hit with a brown paper bag that gets stuck to her. Why?

With the drama, for a split second i thought yo-yo would be sick again. Did you really need to have that ex-house-ex-wife on? She added nothing.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:53 AM

34,557 posts, read 42,724,437 times
Wow, I thought there were so many beautiful designs tonight, that I don’t know how they chose.
I thought there were at least 4 beautiful designs that were worthy of winning, including the 2 “safe” ones.

I think they booted the right people. Even though I was rooting for Amy, she made the same black thing every week.

Thank goodness we’re rid of the twins, and can get some serious hard core fashion without the histrionics.

Next time, the dreaded trash week. Not my favorite.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:07 AM

4,539 posts, read 5,829,426 times
Dillon Eisman: California High School Junior Sews Clothes for Homeless Teens

Saw a story on one of the morning news shows this morning about this young man (this is an older story, couldn't find today's). Would love to see him on PR as a contestant one day. In the very least a challenge for the designers to come up with a wearable streetwear collection, then donate it to his organization, or sell them at a pop-up event and give the proceeds to his organization. All fabric used would have to be from second hand clothing. Just an idea.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:30 AM

1,652 posts, read 598,403 times
Last night's show was too much product placement, it's always there in one form or another but..... those dolls were about the stupidest yet.... Is this some friends of the show or someone on the show who are trying to promote those stupid things. (another my little pony) is there a stupid promo cartoon with the doll characters big shopping adventures.

Anyway, about Claire and copying. I distinctly remember from a previous show a number of years ago where a designer took of his pants in the work room and was measuring them because he wanted to get proportions right, and crotch right. Maybe they made the no measuring rule since that happened but it's out there. I think it was the guy that won (tall, skinny, dark hair, tattoos).
Jeffrey Sebelia https://g.co/kgs/566ah5

Maybe that guy, but I may be wrong.

Claire wasn't going to make it much longer anyway but things seemed disingenuous last night.

Last edited by Izzie1213; 10-13-2017 at 08:40 AM..

Old 10-13-2017, 09:24 AM

5,799 posts, read 4,814,549 times
It was because she had the measuring tape in her hotel room, after working hours. They can do whatever in the workroom, but we're learning that they can't do any sewing, measuring, etc. outside of the officially timed working hours.

It would drive me nuts not to have pen and paper!

I love Yolanda - she is a lady in the best sense of that word. I agree that I'm tired of the regular judges, though.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:58 AM

1,955 posts, read 3,627,707 times
I am glad I was wrong. And I am *so* glad that the twin drama is finally over. The whole "twin" thing was annoying, a distraction, and is seeming to be more and more a cover up for the fact that the designers are less and less interesting in terms of actual design work. But I will give them the fact that they sure seem to know how to work the who reality tv thing.

I mean come on, last week with the whole tears and I didnt thing I would have to compete against my sister. I mean seriously. W.T.F. - its not like they didnt know they were not signing up for this show as individuals. And Clare constantly had an attitude about any of the criticisms of her designs. I would say that both of them are much more stylists than actual fashion designers.

This could have been ended with out all the initial drama - I wonder how much of it was encouraged by the producers for Michael to have a diva moment on the runway. Its crazy to me how Clare seemed to be so dumbfounded about how measuring her pants and shirts in the hotel and taking those measurements back to the workroom was a big deal. Its not project recreate an existing outfit.

I guess I am in the minority here and I did like the designs by Michael, and Ayana. I disagree that they were costume-y. I always thought that avante garde was more of what would be "walking art" and not really anything that resembles wearable fashion.

The whole shopkins thing, thought, not sure I get it. But the show must have product placement so onward!

Old 10-13-2017, 10:16 AM

1,955 posts, read 3,627,707 times
Another thought, I wonder if they will do an interview with Clare on the Behind the Seams segments they have on the lifetime website. That ought to be interesting if they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or