U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2017, 06:06 AM

3,108 posts, read 2,735,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Wow, I do wonder about if the twins have sunk any design aspirations they had? It was said that they have been designing for awhile and even for Katy Perry - now after all this is anyone going to hire them? Will they be the laughing stock of the design world? Or had they already decided to walk away from design and try for a reality show career or just get married and get a normal job?
Like someone said to Claire, “You’re not a designer, you’re a stylist.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 11:12 AM

4,547 posts, read 5,838,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
Claire's response when Tim was questioning her was immature and disrespectful. The way she answered his question about having the tape measure without making eye contact or showing any remorse made me want to smack her. What a brat!
Clear sign that she was wrong, got caught, like a kid with her hand in the candy jar. Behaved just like a child. Was sweet to have this end on the $25k challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Wow, I do wonder about if the twins have sunk any design aspirations they had? It was said that they have been designing for awhile and even for Katy Perry - now after all this is anyone going to hire them? Will they be the laughing stock of the design world? Or had they already decided to walk away from design and try for a reality show career or just get married and get a normal job?
The design they made for KP seemed something just about anyone who could sew patches on and a sew a straight line could have made. They mention they looked at past costumes and came up with the design, so clearly, they copy something and then put their own signature on to it. Basically, the same they did on the show, nothing original.

https://www.teenvogue.com/gallery/cl...for-katy-perry

These somewhat self-taught designers (they learned from a mix of community college sewing classes and YouTube videos) devised a plan to make Katy something spectacular, ultimately presenting her with a candy heart dress, hand-embellished with 5,000 Swarovski crystals. "We researched every single outfit she ever wore. We also heard she tests out her costumes by jumping rope in them, so we took that into account," says Shawn. Adds Claire, "Blood, sweat, and tears went into it."

Old 10-14-2017, 04:35 PM

724 posts, read 1,109,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
I love Brandon's stuff. I'd wear pretty much all of it.
The same for me.

In terms of avant-garde I would have chosen Kentaro. Kenya, IMO, really improved this week, and I like her very much. So, I was glad to see what she sent out.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:49 PM

3,287 posts, read 4,942,139 times
I know it's a little off topic, but I'm concerned if PR itself is in danger as it is a Harvey Weinstein production and his wife, Georgina Chapman's brand Marchesa is under attack and boycott. Can another company buy the PR brand and distance it from the HW scandal? I have no respect anymore for Georgina as her husband forced actresses to wear his wife's designs. (And he tried to launch her as an actress in a couple of crappy, forgotten films.) Not to mention the far more horrific acts he committed against so many women.

I always thought she was a class act (and was unaware that she had married HW, whose only appeal had to have been wealth and power, because he is basically an ugly, fat, scruffy looking, predatory a******) until all this tawdry mess came to light.

In spite of this season's story lines, I still love the show but do not want to lend support to the Weinstein scandal in any way.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:48 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,382,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
I know it's a little off topic, but I'm concerned if PR itself is in danger as it is a Harvey Weinstein production and his wife, Georgina Chapman's brand Marchesa is under attack and boycott. Can another company buy the PR brand and distance it from the HW scandal? I have no respect anymore for Georgina as her husband forced actresses to wear his wife's designs. (And he tried to launch her as an actress in a couple of crappy, forgotten films.) Not to mention the far more horrific acts he committed against so many women.

I always thought she was a class act (and was unaware that she had married HW, whose only appeal had to have been wealth and power, because he is basically an ugly, fat, scruffy looking, predatory a******) until all this tawdry mess came to light.

In spite of this season's story lines, I still love the show but do not want to lend support to the Weinstein scandal in any way.
in danger how?

Old 10-14-2017, 10:24 PM

778 posts, read 737,264 times
Georgina is one of the judges for the Project Runway All Stars show. This is part of a statement on the People website:

Georgina Chapman Returning to Project Runway All Stars Following Split from Harvey Weinstein

Natalie Stone

People October 12, 2017

Georgina Chapman is returning to the Project Runway All Stars judges table when season 6 premieres.

“Production is already completed on the next season of Project Runway All Stars with Georgina,” a rep for the reality Lifetime series confirmed to PEOPLE Thursday. “We have yet to determine an airdate.”

The 41-year-old Marchesa designer has appeared as a judge on the show — which is co-produced by Bunim-Murray Productions and estranged husband Harvey Weinstein‘s former studio, The Weinstein Company — since it premiered in 2012.

Confirmation of Chapman’s return follows her split from 65 -year-old Weinstein — with whom she shares two children ages 7 and 4 — earlier this week.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:14 AM

3,287 posts, read 4,942,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
in danger how?
Cancellation if Weinstein's company goes under or no longer can produce it for some reason.

Last edited by sayulita; 10-15-2017 at 07:24 AM..

Old 10-15-2017, 11:08 AM

7,843 posts, read 11,152,371 times
He was removed from the board/CEO but the company, which is huge, I'm sure goes on. Pretty sure anyway! LOL

Old 10-15-2017, 03:24 PM

979 posts, read 331,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
Claire's response when Tim was questioning her was immature and disrespectful. The way she answered his question about having the tape measure without making eye contact or showing any remorse made me want to smack her. What a brat!
^^^This!!! She is soooo full of herself with the "I deserve to be in the top" comments. She acted like it wasnt a big deal that she broke the rules. ugh. Good ridance with her "sticking finger up her butt and smelling it" facial responses.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:32 PM

979 posts, read 331,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
None of what was made in the epi tonight seemed particularly avant-garde to me. Where were the comments about "costumes" v fashion?

And though the show has has always included product endorsement and placement, it seemed really excessive to me tonight.

Although I liked Brandon's look, the little girl who wanted chocolate chocolate everywhere surely must have been disappointed.

I'm sorry that Amy is gone - she had made some interesting stuff. But I kept thinking tonight that she looked exactly like TinTin, which was distracting.

I want to see something really breathtakingly gorgeous next week!

(and re Georgina Chapman, who judges often, I've always thought that she only married Harvey Weinsten for his money and power. He's spectacularly ugly, and she surely had to know how creepy he was. She has children with him, ick!)

She layed down with this sick and disgusting man and had his children because she can now and forever be tethered to his MONEY. I wonder if she had to get drunk or take some pills to have sex with this troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or