U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2017, 07:38 AM

3,107 posts, read 2,733,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
I am not obese, but thanks for the input.

Designers have no clue on what normal sized women want to wear. Big ugly patterns and prints, high waists or ruffles, horizontal stripes,etc. Marilyn Monroe was a size 16 but she didn't look it, did she?
Being a size 1 or 2 is boring. What happened to being curvey? Oh. Wait. I know. That's "fat" to skinny minnies. Bone racks is the IN thing now.
Where did I actually mentioned that you are obese? Project much?

The size 16 Marilyn Monroe fit into in the 1950-60s is now more like a size 8 or 10.

The runway is where things are tried out and pushed to the extreme. If you want real clothes, go to a trunk show at the better department stores or boutiques. Every season PR does do a “real woman” episode. I’m guessing there’s a reason they only do it once per season.

Bone racks? That has been the runway look forever.

And one more thing you’re wrong about - I have curves and wear either 14 or 16 depending on the label.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 09:54 AM

30,446 posts, read 9,103,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post

The size 16 Marilyn Monroe fit into in the 1950-60s is now more like a size 8 or 10.

The runway is where things are tried out and pushed to the extreme. If you want real clothes, go to a trunk show at the better department stores or boutiques. Every season PR does do a “real woman” episode. I’m guessing there’s a reason they only do it once per season.

And one more thing you’re wrong about - I have curves and wear either 14 or 16 depending on the label.

Interesting that you should mention "curves," because that's another thing I find annoying.

I'm skinny and I've always been skinny, and I was called skinny when I was a kid. I remember my mom telling certain relatives who called me that that I was slim, not skinny. Yeah. I was skinny lol. But I had, and have, curves.

Despite being skinny, er...slim, I have a shape. So what's up with this "curvy" crapulence? Apparently, that's how PR refers to the size 22 models (wherever they are) in its press releases, but I'd find that condescending.

As someone who never had a problem finding fashionable clothing, I always thought it unfair that they stopped at a certain size. That's why I'd like to see genuine variety in both weight and height. Otherwise, it's just lip service.

Memo to Project Runway: Use models of all shapes and sizes, and don't talk about it. A good designer is one whose designs flatter everyone.

Last edited by Delahanty; 11-05-2017 at 10:05 AM..

Old 11-05-2017, 03:48 PM

724 posts, read 1,108,495 times
It would be my preference to see on screen some of the same information that is on any model's comp card. Okay, shoe size is on comp cards and I'm not really interested in that...and for the viewers purpose hair and eye color don't matter either. But, I would like to see height, weight and dress size. I realize that not every comp card lists weight and that some list size in a range.

Except for the "everywoman" challenge each season I take the designs shown as, to use one of NG's favorite words, *editorial*. So, my take on some of what Brandon shows is thematic. I can't find a site for where he sells retail though.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:09 PM

668 posts, read 241,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post

Sorry if I misread your post.

I like loose flowey stuff, myself. Most department stores do not carry what catches my eye, so I started ordering online.
This is my style..check it out!

www.tiendaho.com

Old 11-05-2017, 09:10 PM

1,955 posts, read 3,629,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauialoha View Post
I'm a guy and I posted previously that Margarita is a young and pretty woman, I'll add thin, and that is one reason I admit that I like her. Well, I left unsaid that I suspect a lot of the anti Margarita venom is from ladies and for the same reason.

Also, I'l add this about Brandons oversized clothes with lots of straps dangling down. As a construction worker I can tell you that such clothes are very dangerous. They can get caught in machinery and also could gret caught in a car or subway door, or escalator with tragic consequenses. Also gives an attacker something to pull you in with.
Ummm? You like Margarita because you like the way she looks, so therefore if we don't like Margarita's looks its because we are jealous that (you think) she is beautiful?

I don't like Kenya's looks. I think they look old and dowdy and not fashionable. IT has nothing to do with what I think about her appearance.

I like Kentaro's looks and it has nothing to do with how attractive I do or do not find him.

I liked a lot of designers looks and what they created and to be honest how the designer looks themselves is really irrelevant to me.

This is really a side issue, and honestly I should probably just let comments like that go, but it really is insulting to be honest.

On another note, they have a few pics on the PR facebook page from fashion week, its pretty obvious whoses designs are whose, and I have to say I think Brandon is a strong contender to win this season.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:18 AM

33,949 posts, read 32,397,399 times
Now what? Does Tim have to visit 5 people?

Old 11-06-2017, 10:54 AM

1,955 posts, read 3,629,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Now what? Does Tim have to visit 5 people?
Appears to be. At the end of last weeks episode during the preview Tim says something to the affect of needing to have the stamina to make 5 home visits.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:20 PM

4,541 posts, read 5,834,319 times
This has to be the worse season ever. Heidi, please oh please, don't repeat the same mistake you made this season. There are surely better designers out there that want to be on PR. It looks like you scraped the bottom of the barrel this year. So uninspiring!

Here's an idea for next season. Mix up the models...male and female, whatever the challenge is, the designers design for the model they are paired with for that challenge, so when they have the avant garde challenge, they design according to whether they have a male, or female model. That would surely bring a new and exciting twist to the show, I think.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:31 PM

4,541 posts, read 5,834,319 times
I've never seen this PROJECT SAMMY'S WAY before and just stumbled on it. Just watched one of the clips, it's hysterical!

You've got to watch this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ05zPBVQwM

Old 11-07-2017, 07:27 AM

2,859 posts, read 6,258,775 times
I got behind on watching episodes and when I tried to catch up this weekend, was unable to view them on Mylifetime.com without logging in with my TV carrier log-in. They used to be "free" and easy to watch. I had sort of burned out on this season anyway so am not sure that I care, but I still enjoy reading y'alls recaps and chatter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or