U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 07:29 PM

383 posts, read 265,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I've never seen this PROJECT SAMMY'S WAY before and just stumbled on it. Just watched one of the clips, it's hysterical!

You've got to watch this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ05zPBVQwM

That was hilarious! Maybe she'll do one about Kentaro, his piano piece and the dead cat after this week's episode. Tim's reaction was too funny!. I laughed so hard, that I had to rewind and watch that part again!

I have liked several of Kentaro's pieces, and the peach dress was beautiful, but the white outfit and those eyebrows!!!! That was just hideous. I thought Kennya's peach piece was pretty and looked much better than either one of Brandon's outfits. I did not like her black dress though. It did not fit the model well.

That should just stamp Brandon as the winner and move on. I don't care for his work, and it all looks the same. His entire collection is the same fabric! Tim tells Kennya that her collection is too boring with peach, gray and white, and then treats Brandon's same peach fabric for every outfit as a masterpiece. I feel like he purposefully is sabotaging some of the contestants, so Brandon can win. "Look Kennya, use different colors and put this wrap over the black dress. yes, that's perfect!" Then surprise! The judges hate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 08:48 PM

860 posts, read 439,537 times
Just watched the show via dvr. And I do think Margarita has a chance. I agree with the judges she needs to make it a little more New York. But I'll tell you, theres lots of Puerto Ricans in New York, which reminds me I loved Margaritas defense of her design aesthetic saying that with 60 million Latinos in the US it will have broad appeal, I agree.
Dave

Last edited by mauialoha; 11-10-2017 at 09:13 PM..

Old 11-10-2017, 10:19 PM

1,036 posts, read 545,611 times
I didn't really like much of what I saw. Kentaro's white dress looked like it had a feather duster (minus the handle) sticking out the side. What was that supposed to be, anyway? And the dark eyebrows, yikes! Well it's still interesting enough to watch, but I'll not be buying clothes
like that.

It's not as easy as it looks. I sew, and it's a long hard process, even with a pattern. The tayloring and the fitting can really be hard. Maybe why some of them don't do much close fitting.

Old 11-11-2017, 11:46 AM

2,682 posts, read 960,581 times
I like Brandon's stuff but agree it all looks alike after a while, layers and straps, been there done that. I'd like to see his face if he didn't win. Margarita's stuff, other than that shirtdress, I can't stand, and I can't stand her, but after the hurricane, a sympathy vote will be a big factor. I do respect her argument and her standing behind her aesthetic. I didn't really love Kenya's stuff all the way through, but thought she was improving and I'm sorry she came this far only to be sent home. I think Ayana has talent, but I'm not sure of some of her fabrics and those dresses. Hmm. And Kentaro is just plain losing his mind between the styling of those models and the dead cat symphony. My reaction was exactly the same as Tim's - and I wonder if he isn't desperate for this season to be over. I know I am and I just can't wait for the tell all episode when the twins come back.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:23 PM

860 posts, read 439,537 times
Quote:
That should just stamp Brandon as the winner and move on. I don't care for his work, and it all looks the same.
Agree but I still don't see how he can win. Of course I never thought Erin was going to win either.......
But Brandons stuff is good enough to win some of the challenges, but how is he going to put together a collection of fashion? Can he even do a dress? Anyting chic? Any kind of evening wear or red carpet look? And I wonder if 10 looks all using the same flamingo print wont just call attention to the sameness of his designs? It's like sportswear I guess but I don't see how you can just do that and win at FW.
Dave

Old 11-11-2017, 07:16 PM

4,271 posts, read 4,982,884 times
I thought Margarita's reasoning was ridiculous. I'm sorry, but I know a ton of Hispanics, and not one would wear that wannabe 80s style line. I also have an issue with basically saying you're only going to appeal to one ethnicity.

Old 11-12-2017, 03:50 PM

724 posts, read 1,107,466 times
601- Quite a dream. I usually dream about my ex's.

Ayana: I liked her solid look. Didn't really care for the striped one.

Brandon: That top! Salmon on my monitor. Thought it was beautiful. On his other look, while it was not my favorite, I appreciated the details on the long skirt.

Kentaro: Nothing regarding the white; other posters have commented on that, as well as the general styling. NYC and spchtx, I totally did not get the referentials to the cat- until I did... His peach look was gorgeous. Definitely my favorite look of the show.

Kenya: I like her very much. I dislike what she showed very much. TG's advice to her was clearly bad, but she didn't have to follow it. I am sorry she was eliminated, but I understand it.

Margarita: IMO she too should have been eliminated.

So, they showed Brandon's location as San Francisco. N.Cal ; I never lived there but in my previous work life would fly there for one week out of every four. What an amazing, wonderful place.

Old 11-12-2017, 06:03 PM

4,535 posts, read 5,824,443 times
If the judges could say to Margarita her designs look like resort wear and are not fit for NY Fashion Week, then why didn't they say something to Brandon because his style, to me, at least, isn't what I would think would be something for NYFW either. Everything looks the same to me.

I can't believe they didn't let Kentaro go, he second guesses himself. As soon as they said they didn't like one of his two looks he folded. I wished he would have gone over Kenya. She had passion and a lot of heart and really tried to produce nice work.

I liked Ayana's pant look. I think she may have a good chance of winning depending on her styling. Her looks can look very elegant and mysterious with the right styling, but could also look like fancy Amish wear with the wrong styling.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Her

286 posts, read 719,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I thought Margarita's reasoning was ridiculous. I'm sorry, but I know a ton of Hispanics, and not one would wear that wannabe 80s style line. I also have an issue with basically saying you're only going to appeal to one ethnicity.
I agree. I liked her prints and that she used more color than the other designers, but I thought the looks she sent down the runway were tacky.

Overall, I was really underwhelmed by all the final collections. I understand the looks should be cohesive, but all the pink and flamingos in Brandon's collection were too much. Ayana had killer pieces in the last few challenges, but 'm getting a little house on the prairie vibe from her dresses. I was so disappointed in the pieces we've seen from her. I liked kentaros peach dress, but he said himself his collective is not cohesive.

Kenya was my favorite but I understood why she went home. I think she should have sent something else down the runway. I guess they get assigned models and have to go with the look that was made for them? Sounds like she had to send the black dress down the runway. I think it's probably between Margarita and Brandon.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:02 PM

1,955 posts, read 3,626,274 times
First of all, OMG, Tim's visit with Kentaro. I was DY-ING over Tim's response and facial expressions as Kentaro explained how he got the inspiration for the music he composed. dying. I do like Kentaro's overall aesthetic and point of view. It will be interesting to see how it all comes together with all the pieces on the finale.

I love Brendan's looks. It is a bit weird to have it ALL in the same fabric. and I think Nina's point is spot on, it does look like "him" dressed as a woman, but I don't necessarily see that as a negative. He has translated his sportswear men's vibe into women's wear.

I wanted to like Ayana's looks more, but it just seemed so bland.

Kenya - sigh, I still think she sews beautiful pieces. But kinda like with Margarita, its just nice clothes and some nice fabrics, and lacks the innovation and design.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or